2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

If a hockey game would have only the 3rd period. Habs would finish the season 82-0-0 and would win the cup in exactly 16 games.

They start to realise in the 3rd period that the game has started.

Watched the Oilers/Canucks game at a hotel in Vancouver when my plane broke down and I was forced to stay there overnight.  As usual the "fans" around me had no clue that there is a world that exists outside of Vancouver.  95% of conversations with Vancouver residents is about how big of a dick Milan Lucic is (and other topics surrounding the Bruins kicking their ass in the Stanley Cup Final), the pros/cons of the Port Mann or the Evergreen line, how amazing their city is, and how they can't understand why the entire rest of the planet doesn't move there.  It's a stunning display of arrogance in every way and I think it's hilarious.

Thankfully there are a few really amazing people who live there.  It's a beautiful city (to visit) and I always enjoy my brief stays there.

Watched the Oilers/Canucks game at a hotel in Vancouver when my plane broke down and I was forced to stay there overnight.  As usual the "fans" around me had no clue that there is a world that exists outside of Vancouver.  95% of conversations with Vancouver residents is about how big of a dick Milan Lucic is (and other topics surrounding the Bruins kicking their ass in the Stanley Cup Final), the pros/cons of the Port Mann or the Evergreen line, how amazing their city is, and how they can't understand why the entire rest of the planet doesn't move there.  It's a stunning display of arrogance in every way and I think it's hilarious.

Thankfully there are a few really amazing people who live there.  It's a beautiful city (to visit) and I always enjoy my brief stays there.

As someone who did move there, I can say the positives outweigh the negatives. Where I grew up in New Jersey it was pretty shitty. In Vancouver there is a lot of positives except for the housing prices, constant shit winter weather and cons of the Port Mann (which really is shit).

I cannot agree at all with your wording on the Bruins/Canucks final. The Bruins won, sure and they played way better in Game 7 than the Canucks did. But "kicking their ass" in the entire final? Hell no.

It was a great series that went 7 games. Entertaining as a whole, though that Game 7 loss was pretty brutal on defense.

Regarding the Nashville game, damn are they ever good at playing a trap when they have the lead. Bieksa and Sestito got injured as well.

I wonder if Horvat is making his debut against Colorado. As much as he had 0 points in his AHL conditioning stint, Canucks are losing faceoffs and Horvat would probably look a lot better with NHL pros surrounding him. In his AHL stint he was playing with reduced minutes and 4th liners. Nobody should expect the kid to be a prolific scorer by any means, but according to the coaches in Utica he played great and got his chances.

Travhave,

The funny thing is I tried saying the exact same thing to the people I was talking to at the bar, but they would have none of it.  As far as they were concerned the refs were the only reason the Canucks lost.

Edited by AIM-11

Ference suspended three games.  Well worth it.  Would stand up and clap if he did it again to Kassian the next game.  A career ending concussion would be preferable.

That's pretty brutal to wish on any athlete. Considering the one in question is Ference who is more of a rat than Kassian.

That's pretty brutal to wish on any athlete. Considering the one in question is Ference who is more of a rat than Kassian.

You misunderstand me. If that happened then the Oilers would be free of him as well while he gets a nice lengthy suspension. 

You misunderstand me. If that happened then the Oilers would be free of him as well while he gets a nice lengthy suspension.

Fair enough, but the concussion comments somewhat screws up your your clarity on your first statement. If you hate Ference and would like him suspended why wish a concussion on Kassian?

Fair enough, but the concussion comments somewhat screws up your your clarity on your first statement. If you hate Ference and would like him suspended why wish a concussion on Kassian?

Two rats with one stone.

Kassian is a piece of garbage and I want him gone.  Ference has played very poorly and seeing him suspended would be wonderful. 

Kassian is a shitty player, I agree there. But to say a career ending concussion is needed is somewhat harsh. I don't even wish that on guys like Carcillo and I can't stand him.

In all, I never misunderstood you haha.