2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Zepp is actually pretty decent. Definitely a better option than Emery long-term. I could see him becoming the regular back-up next season.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is their plan. Emery is signed for this year, Zepp is proving himself both in Lehigh Valley and in the NHL, much cheaper alternative to backup, especially with Emery looking shakier and shakier. This gives Stolarz more game time at Lehigh Valley with Martin Ouellette coming up from Reading to backup (who is looking pretty damn good himself).

Yep. I like what he brings to the team but if the Medicine Hat connection is going to result in this, then please for the love of god off-fucking-load him so Willie can't play him anymore.

AV has his guys. Glass and Rome were chief among 'em. Just be grateful that you only have one of the two.

Andrew Alberts was another he favoured. Guy was in the same category as Hal Gill and Mike Komisarek.

It's too bad about Alberts though. I didn't mind him when he played physical, but he was streaky at doing that. Gotta feel bad for the guy getting hit, how long ago was it? He still hasn't been skating much.

Also yeah, Canucks need to do something. They need to inject more youth into the lineup. Sedins haven't been the same since their good start to the season either.

Keep Corrado in the lineup, get Jensen up quickly, and if they're out of it at the end of the season give some more of the kids (Gaunce primarily) some games.

Yeah, I'd do the same.

I wouldn't mind giving a look at Shinkaruk at the NHL level again either. I know he's developing in the AHL, but every game I've watched of Utica he looks fantastic out there. He might not be putting up tons of points yet but he's the most exciting player on the ice. In the pre-season this year and last for the Canucks Shinkaruk was one of the stand outs.

Yeah, I'd do the same.

I wouldn't mind giving a look at Shinkaruk at the NHL level again either. I know he's developing in the AHL, but every game I've watched of Utica he looks fantastic out there. He might not be putting up tons of points yet but he's the most exciting player on the ice. In the pre-season this year and last for the Canucks Shinkaruk was one of the stand outs.

My thing with Shinkaruk is that he missed all of last season, so he basically went from being fresh out of the draft to turning pro. I think it's better to let him stay at the same level all season and develop there.

My thing with Shinkaruk is that he missed all of last season, so he basically went from being fresh out of the draft to turning pro. I think it's better to let him stay at the same level all season and develop there.

Yeah, it would definitely do him some good to stay in the AHL and develop all season.

The kid just seems to bring so much excitement to the game and it so pumped whenever the team gets on the scoresheet, especially when he was with the Canucks in pre-season. It was nice to see.

Tonight's game was a turnaround for sure against the Flyers being 4-0 with slumpers getting goals, so the Shinkaruk option is more of a last resort. I'm sure Jensen would come back up before Shink is ever considered.

Tonight's game was a turnaround for sure against the Flyers being 4-0 with slumpers getting goals, so the Shinkaruk option is more of a last resort. I'm sure Jensen would come back up before Shink is ever considered.

Sorry, but beating the Flyers this year (especially with Emery in net while missing Coburn and Laughton) means absolutely jack shit.