Zoidberg Talks Draft

Jala

With the finals of both the VHL and VHLM about to get underway, we took a minute to talk with Sachimo Zoidberg about where he thinks he'll go in the VHL and VHLM drafts, and what he plans to do after the fact.

"I won't be a top 3 pick in the VHL draft, there's just too many strong players ahead of me, but I hope I can squeak into the 4th or 5th overall pick as that would be a great feather in my cap. I think in the [VHLM] Dispersal, I should be a top 3 for sure. I hear Bratislava is a great place to play, and I look forward to heading there if I get selected by them.

I'm trying my best to walk the thin line I'm at in terms of keeping my training low enough to stay in the VHLM, as I want another year to round out my play. Regardless of where I go in the VHL draft, my intent is to stay in the VHLM for another  year and I'm sure my agent can make sure my desires are accommodated.

It's an exciting time in my career, and I can't wait for the draft to come around so I can see where I end up and get to start my VHL career. I'm prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best."

We'll keep you updated on his progress as the draft gets closer, and be sure to check out where this young star ends up going.

The fuck told you that? :S

Trying to be an optimist about potentially playing in East Europe!

Lots of guys wanting to stay in the VHLM, might be a bit tough, lots very close to the limit.

Yeah I'm walking the line pretty hard, I'll be at 167 after this s40 double week MS.

Trying to be an optimist about potentially playing in East Europe!

Yeah I'm walking the line pretty hard, I'll be at 167 after this s40 double week MS.

Then after the Achievement Tracker and the VHL TC, it's going to be just about impossible for you to stay down unless you intentionally don't do a bunch of things.

That's including achieve tracker already, and isn't TTC season long, so I could wait til after the season started before I did it?

No VHL TC is before pre-season starts

Yeah, I can do the TTC and stay down, hopefully the season ends before the S40 ceremonies is up so I can get that double week after season starts but I have 2 double weeks so doesnt really matter.

Yeah, I can do the TTC and stay down, hopefully the season ends before the S40 ceremonies is up so I can get that double week after season starts but I have 2 double weeks so doesnt really matter.

It's unlikely that it will happen. If both finals series are sweeps and the off-season takes the same amount of time as S36 (when there was no WC/SC as there isn't this year), S40 would start on the 28th, which is the last day for the S40 ceremonies. I, too, am hoping that the finals/off-season go very quickly so I can get TPE for the week when the season starts, but I'm doubtful.

Technically you can't do the TTC and stay down. As you'd be at 177 after doing TTC.

The way I see it with the amount of TPE you have coming in you could be in the VHL next year starting at 240 TPE and that's not a bad number at all.

Technically you can't do the TTC and stay down. As you'd be at 177 after doing TTC.

The way I see it with the amount of TPE you have coming in you could be in the VHL next year starting at 240 TPE and that's not a bad number at all.

He can do TC if he doesn't do a doubles media spot, which I think he now plans on alternatively doing.

That's the plan, it would leave me at 165, 169 after a fan 590 and practice with my weekly job pay, but you're right cjdrick, I could have a pretty healthy tpe pool if I just go balls out and get all the TPE I can.

Might have to do some math here, see how high I could push it if I did choose to just try and stay up. I've heard it's better to stay down for another year, which makes sense, but I'd be eating up 30-40 tpe if I dont do any PTs since I have 2 Doubles I could potentially use heading up to the season, especially if it's a 2-3 week offseason, if not longer. hmm..

Might have to do some math here, see how high I could push it if I did choose to just try and stay up. I've heard it's better to stay down for another year, which makes sense, but I'd be eating up 30-40 tpe if I dont do any PTs since I have 2 Doubles I could potentially use heading up to the season, especially if it's a 2-3 week offseason, if not longer. hmm..

S40 will most likely start during the week of September 29-October 5. In my opinion, it's more likely that it will start a week earlier (which would be next week) than a week later.

Blargh, so many ifs and maybes. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and go for it. If I get some of the Fantasy Zone stuff I'll be over 230 TPE before the season if there's 2 more weeks after this before it starts.

It's your decision, but I'm in a similar situation so I've looked at scenarios and at this point, and I think it's a net gain of TPE for your career if you stay in the VHLM, or maybe a loss of something like two TPE. I suppose your worries about the off-season being extended are warranted, but I truly doubt it will extend longer than next week (consider that if the season starts on a Sunday, you can claim points putting you over 174 for that week, but you'd have to submit the stuff after the sim).

But you do what you feel is best for you. Part of the reason I planned to stay down was because I'm on my fifth player here and would like to see what it's like to have one of those dominant VHLM seasons (plus the Storm were set up for S41). And besides, if you do go over, that's less competition for VHLM awards next season and VHL RotY in S41.

I suppose your worries about the off-season being extended are warranted, but I truly doubt it will extend longer than next week (consider that if the season starts on a Sunday, you can claim points putting you over 174 for that week, but you'd have to submit the stuff after the sim).

So, say the season does start next week, I'd be able to hold onto my Doubles' MS until after the pre-season started, and then claim it for the TPE that would put me over? If that's what you're saying, that's what I was wondering about if I could do, and if I can do that it'll work out well for me. And yeah, I want to rip it up this year and have a nice healthy pool of TPE going into the VHL.