We Need Plumbers for These Leaks

Spartan

A few days prior, a particularly invasive article written by @Arce was published to the VHL community - presumably revealing all of the behind of scenes "tensions" occurring in Helsinki. The piece claimed to have inside knowledge on Helsinki's operations, as well as the fate of multiple players in the organization - Nico Pearce, Nezuko, Erlantz Jokinen (@jRuutu), Flynn Remy and Gustislav Nasherov. "Sources" seemed to claim that negotiations between Pearce/Nezuko and Helsinki were going poorly, a claim that is bizarrely incorrect.

Just yesterday, Nezuko re-signed with the organization - one domino has already fallen. While Jokinen seems to have fallen out of favor with Helsinki management after his mid-season outburst, prospects Hammar Voss and Deron Nesbitt have already been called up - with Voss being considered as the consensus top prospect by VSN. The movement in Helsinki is not necessarily a bad thing, as a repeat of last season's disappointment would be insanity. The team is excited to see how they can compete in the EU next season.

As for Nico Pearce, contract negotiations are not going nearly as poorly as the piece seemed to infer. On the day of the post itself, other (legitimate) sources confirmed that Helsinki had revised their initial offer to Pearce, and the sides were much closer to a deal. With Nezuko's re-signing, chances are trending in the right direction that the 4th year winger will remain in Helsinki. 

Coincidence that the offer was revised after the article dropped?🤔

Seems something may have gotten the wheels rolling here on these contracts hmmmm.

25 minutes ago, Arce said:

Coincidence that the offer was revised after the article dropped?🤔

Seems something may have gotten the wheels rolling here on these contracts hmmmm.

At no point in time did I mention that the offer was revised AFTER the article dropped. It just happened to be on the same day 🙃

Edited by Spartan

15 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

@Arce I had all my trust in your article, how could you possibly do this to the VHL community?!?! I am deeply affected by this.

To be fair, if there's anyone that wouldn't see how their actions would affect you. It's @Arce