What makes a good troll in the VHL?

nurx

Troll (n) - a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Throughout the VHL we see plenty trolls, but we all have our favorite who writes the most entertaining posts. There aren't any major trolls that do deliberately offensive posts, but I believe that is a bad form of trolling on the modern internet. What we do have however is plenty of good provocative posters. The question is how do you become a good troll?

I believe there are two ways to troll: the  pointing out flaws and the shit talk. However, just pointing out flaws doesn't count as trolling. They must be deliberate attacks on core beliefs. For example, VHLE GMs and VHLE commishes have the core beliefs that the VHLE is a good thing for the league. A troll may see that and attack that belief. Similarly shit talking isn't trolling. I can shit talk any team in the league all day and it likely won't be considered trolling. However, once you combine the two. You have the perfect troll. You attack a core belief.

Let's say @JardyB10 is lazy in his way of gaining TPE because the work required to podcast isn't as much as any of the other point tasks. He often goes on tangents that aren't important. Therefore, I propose removing podcasts. This is a direct attack at members who podcast but also might have some members who agree. Having people agree is important. Since I directly called out jardy and he got that noti he is going to respond. You hope someone else responds to his response maybe also calling him lazy. As the thread grows in popularity you don't even have to do anything. You just make half-ass comments or jokes at the expense of either party. Fire them up.

You have successfully made a troll and you are ready for the next week of trolling.

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

3ppao comes back when?

Good thing you got Hylands on the team I'll be GMing next season, he'll be back to max earning and my AGM on sight

22 minutes ago, rory said:

Good thing you got Hylands on the team I'll be GMing next season, he'll be back to max earning and my AGM on sight

I'm ready to battle it out in DMs over how little you're willing to give up for DeGroot, and retiring if no trade!

Just now, dlamb said:

I'm ready to battle it out in DMs over how little you're willing to give up for DeGroot, and retiring if no trade!

I'm willing to discuss only if you get MINIMUM double the value of acquiring DeGroot

3 hours ago, jRuutu said:

I hope not. I am a serious writer who takes pride in producing carefully researched and well-planned content. I aim to entertain but also to educate.

maybe next week I will explore whether trolls help the community. Spoiler alert... they do