Town of Pallet #2

Ptyrell

17 hours ago, Ptyrell said:

A5:

With that thought, James hopped out of bed in his pajamas, took the Meowth hot air balloon to Victory Road, and challenged Lorelei to a battle.

Venusaur will start off and use Sludge Bomb first and then Frenzy Plant against Weavile

Gyarados 2nd holds Leftovers and uses Hydro Pump against Mamoswine, and then Hyper Beam against Lapras

Aegislash-Sword is last and uses Sacred Sword

c00.gif

"You wish to challenge me Rocket scum? You will fail!"

908f5988d1b564a4a67f0a4ba2a48113.gif

James says nothing but tries to use Venusaur directly on Lorelei. "Oh that's how you're playing? Fine, we duel!"

tumblr_psqp2jMKS31vigt38o1_540.gif

Venusaur leads off with a Sludge Bomb, knocking Weavile below half health. Weavile adjusts their Wise Glasses and aims an Ice Beam directly into Venusaur's face. It does over 200 damage! Venusaur survives though, and unleashes a crazy Frenzy Plant! Weavile goes down. Lorelei is not pleased.

pokemon-mamoswine.gif

Mamoswine comes firing with a Blizzard and knocks Venusaur out. James scoffs. "You're soooo predictable!"

6f394083-1cc2-42aa-9d3f-74e8722e1cc6_tex

Gyarados sprouts multiple Hydro Pumps at Mamoswine's direction. It gets a vicious Blizzard off, but Gyarados recovers a bit from Leftovers and handles the situation. Mamoswine's Focus Sash didn't help since it wasn't at full health.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117a7171a450f7bfc9ee

Lorelei tightens her grip and sends out her ace in the hole. Lapras it's with a strong Ice Beam, and Gyarados barely survives. The Leftovers won't do much now, so Gyarados unleashes a mighty Hyper Beam. It stings, but Lapras has a Sitrus Berry to recover half the damage. A 2nd Ice Beam finishes Gyarados and we're on to the final battle.

aegislash-pokemon.gif

Aegislash comes out swinging and uses Sacred Sword. It does a number on Lapras, but Lapras comes right back with Hydro Pump. Aegislash is badly hurt by the hit, but it hangs on. Will this Sacred Sword do the job?!

Spoiler

YES! Lapras goes down! 

pokemon-james.gif

"No sweat!" says James.

Venusaur gains 2 levels.

Gyarados gains 3 levels.

Aegislash gains 4 levels.

6 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

A5.4: challenge chuck

Charizard /w leftovers leads vs machamp - air slash only

Steelix takes over and digs 

Aegislash-sword /w focus band iron heads

Going in with this blindly as i need to sleep

CaringWeeklyArmadillo-max-1mb.gif

"You wish to challenge me? Fine, let's get some pizza for this!"

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611af54363c03326d6a15

NaiveReflectingKrill-size_restricted.gif

Worker leads with Charizard while Chuck sends out Machamp. Ash somehow gets electrocuted in the process (sorry @Ricer13). Both pokemon munch on Leftover pizza, but Charizard's Air Slashes out do Machamp's Close Combat skills.

41k0l3.gif

Chuck then switches to Poliwrath, who bodies Charizard with a Hydro Pump.

CooperativeLimpingAlbino-max-1mb.gif

Steelix comes in next, but Dig doesn't do much against Poliwrath, especially with its Enigma Berry. Hydro Pump does a number on Steelix, and a couple rounds later Steelix is down for the count.

show

Aegislash is Worker's last hope, and it puts on some cosmetic scuba gear to try to beat the water attacks. It also has a Focus Sash (instructions say Band but I only see Sash in the inventory). Iron Head puts the hurt on Poliwrath, and Aegislash eventually comes out on top, but it's severely weakened by Hydro Pump. 

gallade-attack.gif

Gallade comes in quickly with a Night Slash and Aegislash goes down!

tumblr_inline_nudeu2ZqsY1sykh4r_500.gif

"Better luck next time punk!"

Charizard gains 2 levels.

Aegislash gains 3 levels.

12 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Use Greatballs to catch Pichu and Ralts lvl 24.

Arcanine to finish off lvl 25 ralts

You catch Pichu with your 2nd greatball!

Ralts only needs one!

Arcanine's flamethrower takes out the second Ralts in one shot!

Arcanine gains 1 level and you find $140 on the ground

12 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Taking this set.

Throw a great ball at the Pidgey.

Throw an Ultra Ball at the Eevee.

Throw Ultra Balls at the Axew.

If Axew is not caught, use Alakazam. Future Sight on first turn, Psychic on second turn, then switch to Cutiefly for the Future Sight hit. If Alakazam faints before that point, Cutiefly uses Draining Kiss.

You catch everything on the first attempt!

12 hours ago, Spartan said:

I choose the third grouping, Litwick/Ponyta/Machop

Exp share on Ekans

Dratini Water Pulse on Litwick

Pokeballs until success on Ponyta first, then Machop

You catch Ponyta on the first attempt, Machop takes 6 pokeballs to be caught (you have 1 left)

Dratini squeeks out a win against Litwick and gains 1.5 levels

Ekans gains 1.5 levels via EXP share

You find $116 on the ground

11 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

Lucario use close combat on Magnemite.

Lucario continue against Mimikyu using meteor mash use Dratini if Lucario dead spamming dragon tail

Wartortle use water pulse on Elekid 

Lucario easily dispatches the M&M team, before dispatching a package of M&M's afterward.

This encounter is brought to you by M&M's.

Despite the type disadvantage, Elekid stood no chance against the older, harder, faster, stronger Wartortle, and it goes down in two hits.

Lucario gains 3 levels

Wartortle gains 1 level

You gain $326.

Before the blood of your foes are even cold, you are approached by three more sketchy critters.

Eevee 26
Mimikyu 26
Axew

You love to see a free repel roll! 😛

10 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

5.3 Challenge Chuck

- EXP Share on Wartortle

- Oran Berry on Magnezone

- Extra Prayers on the Pokemon RNG gods

Jessie hops in her trusty Koffing Balloon to depart Ecruteak. “I’m going to have to sew an extra tumour on my floating tumour it seems,” she says, addressing her new Weezing.

”Weezing,” Weezing agrees ponderously.

She adjusts her heading to the southern sea, to float across the ocean to Cianwood City. Her next encounter is one she had been dreading for some time, but hopes she can pull it off now.

Continuing her streak of property destruction, she plows through the gym in Cianwood to confront Chuck, who remains in meditation.

Jessie taps him on the shoulder. “Excuse me sir. I’m here to protect the world from devastation?”

Chuck opens his eyes, and anime style in the blink of an eye, punches a nearby boulder into pieces!

”Hahahaha! Isn’t that the shit?? Wait a minute, who are you? What happened to my damn roof!” Chuck says bewildered.

“JESSIE! TEAM ROCKET BLASTS OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!” No one is around to finish the motto.

”Weezing,” Weezing adds.

”Very well. If it’s a fight you want, you shall have it. En guard!”

———

Jessie will lead against the Machamp with Weezing. It will use Sludge Bomb for its first attack, and Self Destruct on its second attack, which will hopefully knock out the Machamp or else I’m fucked.

Zoney Magz will enter next. It will spam Zap Cannon against everything. Reminder that it holds an Oran Berry.

Finally, Charizard will come out last. It will spam Air Slash against everything. (though if it’s down to the wire and it looks like I could use an extra 3 damage for a kill, feel free to use Blast Burn 😛)

Post instruction reminder that Wartortle has the EXP share.

Chuck welcomes your challenge!

Chuck leads with his trusty Machamp! After the two exchange 1 attack Weezing self-destructs killing both of them!

Top 5 poison types | Pokémon Amino

Chuck then sends out his Poliwrath which after a lengthy battle is defeated by your Magnezone with 9.1 hp left!

Best Magnezone Voice GIFs | Gfycat

Gallade finishes off your magnezone with psychic.

Charizard Gif by PokeponyAquaBubbles on DeviantArt

You send out your final pokemon, Charizard and use airslash on Gallade!

Gallade didnt stand a chance and you have earned your 5th badge!

Wartortle gains 5 levels via EXP. Share and evolves into Blastoise!

Weezing gains 1.5 levels!

Magnezone gains 1.5 levels!

Charizard gains 1.5 levels!

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Action 5.5 Challenge Whitney

Open with Steelix and use Iron Tail indefinitely

Then Switch to Vikavolt and use Thunderbolt indefinitely

Latly, send out Axew and use Dragon Claw

"Oh, you're back! You finally came to your senses and want to talk about how fetch my Lululemons look at the gym right? I know I look good, but I'm like, TOTALLY into dad bods right now... okay fine, let's do this again, but don't expect any different of a result!"

Nurse Joy usually is a kind woman who likes to HEAL Pokemon. But today she woke up and chose violence.

Your Steelix begins the fight by SMASHING Whitney's Persian hard into the ground. It retaliates with a soft bite, but it doesn't do a ton of damage on account of its broken teeth. Another Iron Tail just barely knocks out the kitty.

"Oh my GOD Joy, relax! There's no need for this level of savagery! Dubwool, teach this L-FOOL the same lesson you taught it last time!"

The goat creatures stops munching on an old box of vegan takeout momentarily to punt Steelix right in its metal jaw, before returning to the LEFTOVER vegan dish. Steelix repeatedly bashes the goat with its tail to get its attention, but the goat keep bucking and giving Steelix some painful hits. Eventually, your Steelix has no choice but to give up and take a nap.

"Seriously, that better be the last time you bring that big ugly thing into my gym," Whitney says.

Offended by her attitude, you send out Vikavolt to instantly put Dubwool into a nap of its own.

"Ooo uwu, now you've done it. Surely your puny little BUG is no match for my mighty BIRD!" Out comes Pidgeot.

It begins by whipping up that dreaded Hurricane, which does big damage to Vikavolt!

"Seems like this storm could use a little LIGHTNING! Vikavolt, use Thunderbolt!" The ensuing attacks does even bigger damage...too big, in fact. As the bolt lands on Pidgeot, it explodes a ROWAP BERRY all over Vikavolt's eyes and orifices! It's extremely painful. Worse yet, Pidgeot is still standing, and that Hurricane is looking scary after the extra berry damage...

Spoiler

The Hurricane KNOCKS OUT your Vikavolt! At -4.1 hp, it just BARELY couldn't hang on.

It's all up to your baby Axew. One of your original party members, the one who frustratingly is still in its original form despite being your highest level team member. You give it a knowing nod. It attacks using its DRAGON CLAWs!

Spoiler

And Pidgeot goes down! Justice prevails, and you are relatively painlessly able to win the Basic Badge from a Basic Bitch! Whitney weeps uncontrollably in despair.

Steelix gains 1 level (36)

Vikavolt gains 1 level (37)

Axew gains 1 level (38)

Axew is enveloped in a bright orb of light, and it emerges as a Fraxure! A much welcomed upgrade I'm sure.

300?cb=20140818071020

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wartortle gains 5 levels via EXP. Share and evolves into Blastoise!

I was actually double checking this because I thought it was too high, but I think Wartortle should have gotten 5.5 levels from this encounter (Wartortlw was at Level 33, so it would get 1.5 from Machamp, and 2 each from the other two).

5.4 Challenge Jasmine

EXP Share on Weavile

"Goodbye! Sorry about the roof, CHUCK! Just kidding, I don't give a FUCK!" Jessie proclaims as she floats away on her world tour of doom. Heading north back across the sea, she follows the beacon of the Olivine lighthouse, and makes her way to the gym in that city.

"STEEL yourselves, gang. This is going to be a rough landing!" The jet fuel from the balloon melts through the steel beams of the gym, destroying much of the interior and landing face-to-face with the leader, Jasmine.

Jasmine, taking full advantage of being the only person in her gym, was in the middle of a romantic dinner with the local Ampharos. She quickly pushes all the niceties off the dinner table and throws the tablecloth over Amphy in an unsuccessful effort to pretend like nothing weird was going on.

"Oh, uh...hello there. May I help you?" Jasmine awkwardly but politely asks.

"Indeed you may, my young furry friend! I'm here to steal your shit, and to protect you from the evils of truth and love. It seems like you really need it," Jessie replies.

"I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest clue what you mean. But if you're here to steal, I have to tell you that A) That sort of thing is illegal around here, and therefore B) I cannot allow it and will be forced to engage in animal bloodsport to prevent this.

Jessie happily obliges her.

I'll lead with Charizard, who will spam Fire Blast against the Aegislash. If it knocks out the sword, and somehow survives a hit against the incoming Magnezone, it can use Blast Burn against that.

Next up will be Weavile. It can use Dark Pulse upon entry. After taking damage, it can switch to Revenge.

Finally will be my newly obtained Blastoise. It will simply spam Hydro Pump.

*Additional reminder of the EXP Share on Weavile 😜

A5.5: Challenge Jasmine

Aegislash Sword leads holding leftovers - Night Slash vs Aegislash, Sacred Sword versus Magnezone (depends on opponents stance if this is needed)

Steelix - Dig versus Magnezone + Steelix

Charizard /w Focus Sash  - Fire Blast versus Steelix

7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Lucario easily dispatches the M&M team, before dispatching a package of M&M's afterward.

This encounter is brought to you by M&M's.

Despite the type disadvantage, Elekid stood no chance against the older, harder, faster, stronger Wartortle, and it goes down in two hits.

Lucario gains 3 levels

Wartortle gains 1 level

You gain $326.

Before the blood of your foes are even cold, you are approached by three more sketchy critters.

Eevee 26
Mimikyu 26
Axew

You love to see a free repel roll! 😛

Catch Eevee with greatballs 

Gyarados use air slash on Axew finish it off with jolteon thunder. 

Mimikyu with Lucario use meteor mash

6 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

A5.5: Challenge Jasmine

Aegislash Sword leads holding leftovers - Night Slash vs Aegislash, Sacred Sword versus Magnezone (depends on opponents stance if this is needed)

Steelix - Dig versus Magnezone + Steelix

Charizard /w Focus Sash  - Fire Blast versus Steelix

Approaching the Olivine Gym from a distance, you notice that it has suffered from some significant structural damage. "Well, I am a Worker. I guess it's time to do my job," you say to no one in particular.

Entering the building, you see the Leader Jasmine in an intense confrontation with the red-ish haired woman you saw pluck your old Magnemite off the porch. There's a suspiciously sturdy hot air balloon hanging from the mangled metallic rafters, and the two women look like they're about to get in a Pokemon battle. You interrupt:

"Excuse me, ma'am? I couldn't help but notice that your gymnasium has a gaping hole in it. Now, you know how the weather can be in seaside villages like this one, and as a fellow purveyor of steel, you ALSO know how unpleasant a salty storm can be on your Pokemon and on the salvageable structures here." At this point you glance over and notice an Ampharos with a tablecloth covering it, like a poor Halloween costume. "Hey wait a minute, shouldn't that Pokemon be at the lighthouse?"

"I'm sorry sir, but I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here. Also, I'm kind of in the middle of a crisis at the moment," Jasmine replies, ignoring the comment about Ampharos.

"I'm saying, if you delay this battle with this here kind of ginger girl, and face ME instead, I'll fix up this here roof free of charge."

Jasmine and Jessie exchange a look. Just as Jessie is about to protest, Jasmine nods her head at you. "Very well, this can wait. Leading gyms isn't exactly the most lucrative occupation. Show me your true steel!"

~~~~DIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLY~~DOO!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine begins by sending out an Aegislash in a defensive stance (yes, they do exist!). "Sorry Jasmine, but I think Scissors beats Rock!" you shout as you send out your own Aegislash in its Sword mode, and it strikes first with a powerful Night Slash...though not as powerful as you expected! Aegishield's Enigma Berry allows it to soften the blow. It claps back by SMASHing its HEAD into Aegisword, though it's not terribly effective. Sword hits back with another Night Slash, and Shield is JUST able to hang on thanks to the berry. Shield began to feel concussed from the last headbutt, so it eases up with an Iron Head for not much damage. Sword gives it one last Night Slash to overkill the heck out of it.

Next up, Jasmine sends out her Magnezone. Jessie pumps her first on the sidelines and starts playing a Jauz song and raving, as though she were at the Lake. Magnezone swiftly defeats Sword with a Zap Cannon.

"Looks like we're all evened up!" Jasmine calls out.

You smile in disagreement as you send out your Steelix, who promptly digs a hole in the ground (this place is getting demolished). It comes back up and DRILLS Magnezone for big time double super effective damage, but it stays afloat and pops an Oran Berry! Unfortunately for the lesser 'Zone in the room, there's not a lot it can do against Steelix, so it fires off a not very effective Flash Cannon. Steelix does the worm underground and comes up to finish off Magnezone, with plenty left in the tank.

"I see. Steelix IS a rather effective Pokemon in a fight like this, isn't it?" Jasmine sends out her own Steelix, and this thing is looking sophisicated as fuck. The spectacles on its face makes it look wise beyond its years, and it finds an existing hole underground to counter attack your Steelix! The two Steelix retreat underground for what would probably be an epic fight if anyone can see it, but after 3 total attacks, only Jasmine's Steelix emerges as the victor.

You send out Charizard to finish this. It looses a FIRE BLAST and it hits Steelix hard, but the giant snake is able to tank it! Staying above the ground for once, Wise Steelix summons massive boulders from the ground, and PUMMELS Charizard with them - a double super effective attack!

Spoiler

No need for the Focus Sash to even proc though, as Charizard survives on 48 hp! One last Fire Blast ends the battle, and earns you the...metal badge. The Mineral Badge maybe? Whatever.

"Your use of Charizard is kind of bullshit. I thought you were supposed to be a Steel-type trainer!" Jasmine says, defeated. "No matter, if you could get working on all the repairs in here, I would greatly appreciate it. Now if you'll both excuse me for a moment, I need to make a quick visit to the Pokemon Center."

She walks off, and Jessie stands there flabbergasted, tapping her foot impatiently.

Aegislash gains 2 levels (42)

Steelix gains 3 levels (42)

Charizard gains 3 levels (41.5)

2 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

Catch Eevee with greatballs 

Gyarados use air slash on Axew finish it off with jolteon thunder. 

Mimikyu with Lucario use meteor mash

The Eevee seems excited to join your team! With one single Great Ball toss, you capture your newest Eeddition.

Despite the level difference and the Crunch and Slashes, big dragon Gyarados is easily able to dispatch lil dragon Axew.

Lucario punches creepy mimic in the head and it falls as well.

Gyarados gains 3 levels (25)

Lucatio gains 1 level (30)

You sell the skin of the Mimikyu as a cute children's Halloween costume for $217!

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

5.4 Work

Analyzing the immense SPEED from your new Ponyta and other creatures you've captured, you are actually able to extract a stimulant for human consumption! You earn $950 selling it to some young adults outside an EDM concert.

Edited by JardyB10

11 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

5.4 Challenge Jasmine

EXP Share on Weavile

"Goodbye! Sorry about the roof, CHUCK! Just kidding, I don't give a FUCK!" Jessie proclaims as she floats away on her world tour of doom. Heading north back across the sea, she follows the beacon of the Olivine lighthouse, and makes her way to the gym in that city.

"STEEL yourselves, gang. This is going to be a rough landing!" The jet fuel from the balloon melts through the steel beams of the gym, destroying much of the interior and landing face-to-face with the leader, Jasmine.

Jasmine, taking full advantage of being the only person in her gym, was in the middle of a romantic dinner with the local Ampharos. She quickly pushes all the niceties off the dinner table and throws the tablecloth over Amphy in an unsuccessful effort to pretend like nothing weird was going on.

"Oh, uh...hello there. May I help you?" Jasmine awkwardly but politely asks.

"Indeed you may, my young furry friend! I'm here to steal your shit, and to protect you from the evils of truth and love. It seems like you really need it," Jessie replies.

"I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest clue what you mean. But if you're here to steal, I have to tell you that A) That sort of thing is illegal around here, and therefore B) I cannot allow it and will be forced to engage in animal bloodsport to prevent this.

Jessie happily obliges her.

I'll lead with Charizard, who will spam Fire Blast against the Aegislash. If it knocks out the sword, and somehow survives a hit against the incoming Magnezone, it can use Blast Burn against that.

Next up will be Weavile. It can use Dark Pulse upon entry. After taking damage, it can switch to Revenge.

Finally will be my newly obtained Blastoise. It will simply spam Hydro Pump.

*Additional reminder of the EXP Share on Weavile 😜

e5edb4ce4ef0c86e4b18691ea4644029.gif

Jessie leads with Charizard while Jasmine opts for the Shield form of Aegislash. Charizard leads with a Fire Blast that Aegislash's shield can barely hold back. Charizard winces a bit from the effect of Aegislash's Rowap Berry, then feels immense pain from its incoming Head Smash. Said Head Smash also leaves Aegislash seeing stars, and Charizard finishes things off with another Fire Blast. Jasmine sighs and sends out Magnezone.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761159685c90936334c4e9

ScornfulRemorsefulHerring-max-1mb.gif

One Zap Cannon knocks Charizard to the moon. Jessie's unamused.

41i1.gif

VapidParallelArawana-size_restricted.gif

And we get a Weavile appearance. It starts off with a Dark Pulse, which Magnezone weathers just fine thanks to its Oran Berry. Magnezone comes back with a Flash Cannon and Weavile is so blinded its hurt. It has enough left to unleash a vicious Revenge onto Magnezone, but thanks to that previous Oran Berry it manages to hang on! A 2nd Flash Cannon brings down Weavile. Jessie is on her last pokemon and starting to sweat.

27a01e9ddec7301e75207bdba241e4a9.png

504.png

So I started Blastoisin' and Magnezone goes down. 

0c2355ae6ef52035433cf3d3cfad4b1c.gif

FamiliarOptimisticCreature-size_restrict

And in comes Steelix! Not a great type matchup for it but it leads off with Dig. Blastoise barely feels it and strikes back with Hydro Pump. It hurts, but not as much as it could have thanks to an Enigma Berry. Another Dig brings Blastoise under half health, and Blastoise fires another Hydro Pump...

Spoiler

But Steelix withstands the blow! Steelix looks to finish things here with one last Dig...

Spoiler
Spoiler

Blastoise manages to tough it out! And one last Hydro Pump...

Spoiler

and down goes Steelix!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611695f5b634923e2735a

d272735b70be4bbf3b72ab7649f44d14efaa27f0

Jessie's smirk says it all.

Jessie receives the Mineral Badge!

Charizard gains 1 level.

Weavile gains 5 levels.

Blastoise gains 3.5 levels.

Day 5 has come to an end! All remaining actions will be converted to work. Stay tuned though as Team Rocket is on the prowl and out to snatch away your friends!

@ctots works 3 times and gets $2556.

@dlamb works 4 times and gets $3309.

@Dom works 3 times and gets $2654. You also have the following encounter still unresolved:

On 9/6/2022 at 9:28 PM, JardyB10 said:

"MEWTWO!" Bill shouts. "MEWTWO! COME ON OUT HERE YOU LITTLE BITCH!"

Suddenly in the distance you see a figure. You can't quite tell what it is, but it looks humanoid! Could this be the legendary pokemon!?

As the figure approaches, you realize it is not a Pokemon at all, but a young boy. You recognize him as Gary Oak.

"Hey loser!" Gary says, "I hear you're looking for Mewtwo! Well looks like you're even slower than Ash, because I already caught it!" He pulls out a Master Ball and summons the powerful cat-like science experiment. "I expect it will serve me well in the Pokemon League. Anyway, good luck with fucking Clefairies or whatever it is that you do. Smell ya later!" He struts off, with his bluetooth speaker echoing his theme song through the cavern.

"What an insufferable little shit," you think, dejected by the fact that Mewtwo has already been captured.

Within the cave, a couple of baby former hate crimes approach you to try to kiss your feelings better. A larval rock monster stands nearby awkwardly while this happens.

Smoochum 21
Larvitar 21
Smoochum 24

DAY 6 STARTS NOW!