Town of Pallet #2

Ptyrell

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

1.2 Work pls

You spend your time making observations in the lab. You thought you might have had a breakthrough in Gastly mating rituals, but turns out it was just playing hide and seek. You receive $557 in grant money.

1 hour ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Poke balls on magnemite 17, conrinue with great balls, if succesfull repeat.

Scizor + amulet coin kills the meowth with iron head  , tries to kill of magnemite 16 with xscissor if unsuccesfull and hope its enough

(I'm reading this as trying to catch level 17 Magnemite, then level 16 Magnemite, then fight Meowth. If I misread that send me a Discord DM and I'll run a redo).

You sense a disturbance in the force in the corner of Goldenrod City. As you approach, you encounter a pair of Magnemites exerting their magnetic forces towards each other. You don't question it and throw your last 2 Pokeballs at them. They were so focused on each other that both of them are caught immediately!

Before you can claim your rewards, however, a wild Meowth races in and tries to take one of the Magnemites. You quickly deploy Scizor to stop it. Scizor charges in with Iron Head and knocks the Meowth out in a single blow!

Scizor gains 1 level and you find the Meowth dropped an Amulet boosted $142

32 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Now, what to do about that Lapras?

First of all, excellent story telling - well done, and thank you.

Second of all, the answer to this question is something that is not statistically likely to go that well, but does have a chance of working.

Seeing this angry rampaging Loch Ness Monster charge toward her beloved sentient cancer puts Jessie in a panic! She tosses her newly acquired ice demon out in front of the Lapras to take the attack for Koffing. Sneasel will spam Knock Off until it faints, and when Koffing comes back out, it will immediately use Self Destruct to try to finish off Lapras.

Should that SOMEHOW not be successful, Jessie will blast off back to her drug dealer.

She'll buy a Razor Claw, an Ultra Ball, and a Great Ball.

Then she'll hop on her Meowth balloon toward Bell Tower.

Action 2: Explore Bell Tower

32 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

With the party in tow, you make your way off to the Lake. It's brimming with pokemon, but three in particular catch your eye...

Pokemon Level
Cutiefly 15
Cutiefly 16
Sneasel 13

poke balls -> great balls (if needed) to catch lv 16 cutiefly and sneasel, kill the lv 15 cutiefly with a Litwick inferno!

14 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

First of all, excellent story telling - well done, and thank you.

Second of all, the answer to this question is something that is not statistically likely to go that well, but does have a chance of working.

Seeing this angry rampaging Loch Ness Monster charge toward her beloved sentient cancer puts Jessie in a panic! She tosses her newly acquired ice demon out in front of the Lapras to take the attack for Koffing. Sneasel will spam Knock Off until it faints, and when Koffing comes back out, it will immediately use Self Destruct to try to finish off Lapras.

Should that SOMEHOW not be successful, Jessie will blast off back to her drug dealer.

You cower behind the Sneasel as the Lapras approaches. Sneasel immediately begins to worry for it's safety. Lapras unleashes a mighty Hydro Pump, but Sneasel is able to withstand the blow. It counters with a Knock Off. This only serves to anger the Lapras, and it leaps out of the water to deliver a brutal Body Slam. Sneasel is spent.

Seeing Jesse in danger, Koffing zooms to the Lapras and blows itself up in its face.

0e14e85756dbdfe2979998bf8e76e3c4.gif

Jesse is in shock, seeing her friend protect her. The Lapras is also in shock, wondering why such a puny creature would do something so foolish. It looks over to Jesse. Jesse doesn't realize the Lapras is still upset. Lapras unleashes a Hydro Pump directly at Jesse, sending her far away from the Lake of Rage!

42d2ae31f424d7a5080b932389553216.gif

14 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

She'll buy a Razor Claw, an Ultra Ball, and a Great Ball.

Then she'll hop on her Meowth balloon toward Bell Tower.

Action 2: Explore Bell Tower

Upon landing, Jesse immediately does what any sensible person would do: shopping! With her goods in tow, she flies off to the Bell Tower. Upon arrival, three pokemon catch her eye...

Pokemon Level
Gible 17
Honedge 17
Sneasel 16

23 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Poke Balls, then Great Balls on the Meowth, then the level 17 Magnemite.

Machop will Mach Punch the other Magnemite.

Meowth 18
Magnemite 17
Magnemite 15

Meowth is napping so you capture it in 1.

Magenmite is just sort of zoning out so you capture it in 2

Machop chops down the other Magnemite and gains 2 levels. You earn $135!

1 hour ago, omgitshim said:

You take inventory of your Pokeballs after your clumsy incident and find that you have exactly 4 in your bag. You head into Saffron City and find a lot of pokemon who start with the letter E and have exactly 5 letters in their name.

Pokemon Level
Ekans 16
Eevee 17
Ekans 17

In order:

Flareon uses Fire Blast on Ekans lv 16 and then Ekans lv 17. If at any point Flareon faints, bring in Ponyta and Flamethrower as a backup. If this SOMEHOW does not work, Poliwag and Water Gun.

We then start with Poliwag/Water Gun on Eevee and use Flareon and Ponyta (in that order, with the above moves) as backup if necessary.

39 minutes ago, dlamb said:

poke balls -> great balls (if needed) to catch lv 16 cutiefly and sneasel, kill the lv 15 cutiefly with a Litwick inferno!

Your Pokeball misses, but both of your Great Balls hit on the first try!

Litwick gains 1 level and you earn $102.

23 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

You cower behind the Sneasel as the Lapras approaches. Sneasel immediately begins to worry for it's safety. Lapras unleashes a mighty Hydro Pump, but Sneasel is able to withstand the blow. It counters with a Knock Off. This only serves to anger the Lapras, and it leaps out of the water to deliver a brutal Body Slam. Sneasel is spent.

Seeing Jesse in danger, Koffing zooms to the Lapras and blows itself up in its face.

0e14e85756dbdfe2979998bf8e76e3c4.gif

Jesse is in shock, seeing her friend protect her. The Lapras is also in shock, wondering why such a puny creature would do something so foolish. It looks over to Jesse. Jesse doesn't realize the Lapras is still upset. Lapras unleashes a Hydro Pump directly at Jesse, sending her far away from the Lake of Rage!

42d2ae31f424d7a5080b932389553216.gif

Upon landing, Jesse immediately does what any sensible person would do: shopping! With her goods in tow, she flies off to the Bell Tower. Upon arrival, three pokemon catch her eye...

Pokemon Level
Gible 17
Honedge 17
Sneasel 16

I mid-key forgot I bought a Max Repel, so quick reminder that those Pokemen are all Level 18!

Time to see if I got too greedy trying to train with all my actions!

Sneasel is equipped with Razor Claw

- I'll throw my Great ball at Honedge, and then my ultra ball if I have to.

- If I catch it first try, I'll use the Ultra ball on Gible.

Depending on who I do or don't catch, I'll fight as follows in this priority:

- Sneasel Icy Winds Gible

- Sneasel Metal Claws Sneasel

- Sneasel Knocks Off Honedge

- If Sneasel dies to Sneasel, send Honedge if available (Fury Cutter).

- If necessary, Koffing will use Sludge vs. Sneasel, Assurance vs. Honedge

11 minutes ago, Gustav said:

In order:

Flareon uses Fire Blast on Ekans lv 16 and then Ekans lv 17. If at any point Flareon faints, bring in Ponyta and Flamethrower as a backup. If this SOMEHOW does not work, Poliwag and Water Gun.

We then start with Poliwag/Water Gun on Eevee and use Flareon and Ponyta (in that order, with the above moves) as backup if necessary.

A fire lights up in your eyes, and you stick your Flareon on the unexpecting Ekans. A single Fire Blast is enough to knock it out in one blow! The 2nd Ekans tries to Bite Flareon, but it soon faces the same fate as the first.

While this is happening, a wild Eevee comes from behind and takes a Bite out of the Poliwag you carelessly left behind. Poliwag tries to make the Eevee wet, but the biting and agility of the Eevee overwhelm it. Eventually Flareon notices what's going on and disciplines the Eevee with another Fire Blast

Flareon earns a total of 6 levels over the excursion. A slightly singed total of $423 is found.

10 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I mid-key forgot I bought a Max Repel, so quick reminder that those Pokemen are all Level 18!

Time to see if I got too greedy trying to train with all my actions!

Sneasel is equipped with Razor Claw

- I'll throw my Great ball at Honedge, and then my ultra ball if I have to.

- If I catch it first try, I'll use the Ultra ball on Gible.

Depending on who I do or don't catch, I'll fight as follows in this priority:

- Sneasel Icy Winds Gible

- Sneasel Metal Claws Sneasel

- Sneasel Knocks Off Honedge

- If Sneasel dies to Sneasel, send Honedge if available (Fury Cutter).

- If necessary, Koffing will use Sludge vs. Sneasel, Assurance vs. Honedge

Your Great Ball misses, but your Ultra Ball doesn't. You've caught Honedge!

Sneasel knocks out Gible, but now has another Sneasel to deal with. RNG decides that said Sneasel will go with Icy Wind for EVERY attack, giving you the edge...and two knockouts!

Sneasel gains 4 levels and you gain $349.

...and Sneasel evolves into Weavile!

2 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Throw Pokeballs, then Great Balls at Poliwag, then Cutiefly, then Horsea.

It takes you FOUR Pokeballs to catch Poliwag, and your fifth one doesn't work on Cutiefly.

You then use ALL THREE Great Balls to catch Cutiefly.

What would you like to do with Horsea now that Google Sheets has decided to hate you?

7 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

😏

I know we're not on Discord but I'm still going to tag @Gustav

Now that I've been FORCIBLY RETIRED from the HoPo I think this now falls under the jurisdiction of the new chief @N0HBDY

11 minutes ago, Gustav said:

It takes you FOUR Pokeballs to catch Poliwag, and your fifth one doesn't work on Cutiefly.

You then use ALL THREE Great Balls to catch Cutiefly.

What would you like to do with Horsea now that Google Sheets has decided to hate you?

Have Magnemite Spark it and remind me to tag Ptyrell for all future actions.

3 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Have Magnemite Spark it and remind me to tag Ptyrell for all future actions.

You should know that me and simulated outcomes aren't exactly best friends on this site.

Magnemite gains 2 levels and you earn $107.