Town of Pallet #2

Ptyrell

9 minutes ago, Ptyrell said:

Encounter levels were changed!

You are so nervous that you throw the greatball over the Sneasel's head!

Embarrassed you throw all 5 pokeballs at it...

Sneasel hides in a shadow and they all miss!! Is your bad luck contagious???

Yes, this seems just. Another Great Ball and the rest of my Pokeballs at Mr. Sneezy.

IF those all fail I GUESS I’ll resort to my Ultra ball on it.

If it ends up captured or flees, I suppose I’d be doing myself a disservice if I DIDN’T waste the rest of my balls of Lapras (starting with Ultra).

After that, I’ll certainly have Koffing Sludge the bug to death.

I’ll get back to you on Battle commands for the Lapras

Edited by JardyB10

10 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

You encounter:

Pokemon Level
Gastly 15
Gastly 13
Sneasel 16

Great balls first then poke balls on Sneasel, then the level 15 Gastly.

Machop uses Knock Off on the level 13 Gastly (or both Gastly if the other isn't caught).

5 hours ago, Spartan said:

Fire Elmo GIF

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Give me some Scyther on Scyther action please, Wing Attack it to death

Your Scyther uses its wing to attack the wing of the other Scyther and the wing Wing Attacks the wing straight off its body. I didn't actually sim this but there's no way you lose here.

Spartan's Scyther is now Level 18!

You find the wingless Scyther was carrying $175 in there.

4 hours ago, dlamb said:

Pokeballs on Gastly and 1 Litwick, if all are used, great balls.

For the 2nd litwick, Bulldoze that MF!

Edit: Action 3: Explore Goldenrod

It's ghastly gasly Gastly movements evade your first two balls, but the third strikes true! You've got Level 13 gas.

The Litwick, being a little candle, has no such agility and you capture it on the first try.

Your Swinub comes out to bulldoze out the little flame, but it acts first and unfortunately gets a couple of Infernos off to take down the little icy-ground hog!

The wild Litwick did get hurt by that Bulldoze. Would you like to send out one or two of your new acquisitions to take care of it from here?

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

Would you like to send out one or two of your new acquisitions to take care of it from here?

oh whoops, yes please do that if they can beat it.

No matter what, still need Action 3: Explore Goldenrod :D 

Just now, dlamb said:

oh whoops, yes please do that if they can beat it.

No matter what, still need Action 3: Explore Goldenrod :D 

Yeah I realized after the fact that Gastly can't mathematically beat it, but your own Litwick can do so easily! It gains two levels, and you pick up $109!

After healing up in Goldenrod, you find the following Pokemon meandering outside the Daycare:

Riolu 16
Mimikyu 14
Mimikyu 17

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

Yeah I realized after the fact that Gastly can't mathematically beat it, but your own Litwick can do so easily! It gains two levels, and you pick up $109!

After healing up in Goldenrod, you find the following Pokemon meandering outside the Daycare:

Riolu 16
Mimikyu 14
Mimikyu 17

Pokeballs, then Great Balls on Riolu and the higher levelled Mimikyu. 

The, kill the last lv 14 mimikyu with a Litwick Shadow Ball. Use other mons, whatever moves, if needed.

Action 4: Explore Lake of Rage

4 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

I guess I skip over that change it will be the electricity evo stone in that case

You're actually too broke for that 😅. You currently have $881, evolution stones are $1000.

Going back to Sylveon, you could buy a mini TM for a sub-0.6 Fairy move for $750, and level up on Day 2 (or with your Rare Candy) to evolve. Since Sylveon naturally will already know the most powerful Fairy move, there's no sense in spending the extra on a Full TM. Just food for thought!

3 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

You're actually too broke for that 😅. You currently have $881, evolution stones are $1000.

Going back to Sylveon, you could buy a mini TM for a sub-0.6 Fairy move for $750, and level up on Day 2 (or with your Rare Candy) to evolve. Since Sylveon naturally will already know the most powerful Fairy move, there's no sense in spending the extra on a Full TM. Just food for thought!

I spawn with one 

4 hours ago, Dom said:

Action 2: buy as many great balls as I can

action 3: move to goldenrod city

A couple of things!:

1. Buying items doesn't actually require an action

2. You actually are still on your first action technically! You caught the Ralts, but you can still decide to catch, battle, or flee from the last two pokemon:

7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

It takes 4 balls, but you get 'er done. There is still

Exeggcute lv 16

Bellsprout lv 17

You have 5 Pokeballs remaining, a Level 15 Squirtle, and a Level 16 Ralts.

Generally you can't buy balls in the middle of an encounter, but maybe Papa Tyrell would allow it in this case because you're a NOOB

Edited by JardyB10

4 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Stopping at the novelty gift shop, you purchase a very sharp piece of creature to one day Frankenstein onto a different creature.

You get cursed with Jardy processing luck as Ponyta bucks your two balls into oblivion. Would you like to use your higher tier balls?

I'll leave the battle for now in the likely event I get side tracked and confuse a future processor.

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Yes please

The suspense is killing me.

2 hours ago, Ptyrell said:

In the city of lights you find

Magnemite 16
Magnemite 17
Meowth 14

Poke balls on magnemite 17, conrinue with great balls, if succesfull repeat.

Scizor + amulet coin kills the meowth with iron head  , tries to kill of magnemite 16 with xscissor if unsuccesfull and hope its enough

7 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

-Use Bulbasaur to take down Geodude with Vine Whip.

-Buy Razorclaw and give it to Sneasel then use Sneasel’s knock off to take down litwick. 
-Attempt to catch ponyta with my remaining 2 poke balls!

Geodude 13
Ponyta 13
Litwick 18
5 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Stopping at the novelty gift shop, you purchase a very sharp piece of creature to one day Frankenstein onto a different creature.

You get cursed with Jardy processing luck as Ponyta bucks your two balls into oblivion. Would you like to use your higher tier balls?

I'll leave the battle for now in the likely event I get side tracked and confuse a future processor.

5 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Yes please

You throw a Great ball and catch the ponyta! Good thing you got me this time!

Bulbasaur takes out geodude easily. Litwick is next, but Litwick has the first attack after the switch..

Litwick uses inferno..

Spoiler

Super effective against the ice type Sneasel!

Good thing Sneasel also has a super effective response in Knock oFF!

Litwick strikes again...

Spoiler

This time it uses Shadow Ball. Also I look and see that Litwick's base attack is like half of Sneasel's. Sneasel wins!

Sneasel gains 2 levels and evolves into Weavile!

Bulbasaur gains 2 levels and evolves into Ivysaur!

You gain $191

4 hours ago, McWolf said:

We want to catch the Eevee and the lv.14 Abra, in that order. First all our two Poke Balls, then our four Great Balls. Hold there if this doesn't catch both of them.

After we are done, the freshly captured Eevee is going to Bite the lv.13 Abra.

With the cash the lv.13 Abra drops for reasons, I'm buying a Leaf Stone, giving it to Weepinbell so it evolves into a beastly Victreebel.

And that will be the end of my 4th action of the day.

Abra 14
Eevee 18
Abra 13

You decide to prioritize the Eevee, due to its equivalent value in firstborns. 

On your first throw...

Spoiler

You catch it!

Now for the Abra, the tricky one...

Spoiler

You catch it again on the first try! Nice aim!

Eevee then bites the level 13 abra and gains 1 level.

You gain $122.

You buy a Leafstone and Weepinbell evolves into Victreebel!

Spoiler

youtube animation GIF by Channel Frederator

3 hours ago, Gustav said:

Pokeballs on Ponyta until it succeeds, and if I still have any left throw them at Poliwag. 

If I can use my evolution stone now, use it on Eevee and evolve it into Flareon.

IF I have a Flareon, attack Litwick with Bite. If not, use Bite with Eevee.

IF I have to fight Poliwag, use Bite with Flareon and/or Eevee if it's still standing, and Stomp with Ponyta if not.

IF I somehow have to fight Ponyta, Bite with Flareon and/or Eevee as well (hopefully it won't come to that).

The power of Fire compels you, and the ill-gotten Fire Stone that you stole from the Celadon Department Store reacts positively with your Eevee, turning it into a fabulous Flareon.

1c17cd26754f50a9d40f0b6900a245e1a2d8176f

You see a majestic Ponyta dashing off into the distance. With a smug look you chuck a pokeball at it, not even trying to predict where it's going. The throw hits it square on and it's caught on the first try!

In your moment of glee, you don't even notice the Poliwag creeping up behind you. Your Flareon barks at you, and in a panic you drop 3 pokeballs on the ground. Somehow that third one landed directly on the Poliwag. You ponder the situation, but don't question it too much.

Finally, you approach a strange candle. You take your burglery ways and try to steal it, but it's actually a Litwick that catches you by surprise and uses Inferno, hitting both you and your Flareon. YEOCH! Flareon Bites back, but it takes the hit like a champ. It unleashes another Inferno upon Flareon before a 2nd Bite knocks it out. 

Flareon gains 3 levels for the encounter, and you find $144 covered in wax.

3 hours ago, Gustav said:

Final action of the day: Explore Saffron City. If I have fewer than 4 Pokeballs, buy however many I need to get up to 4.

You take inventory of your Pokeballs after your clumsy incident and find that you have exactly 4 in your bag. You head into Saffron City and find a lot of pokemon who start with the letter E and have exactly 5 letters in their name.

Pokemon Level
Ekans 16
Eevee 17
Ekans 17

3 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Great balls first then poke balls on Sneasel, then the level 15 Gastly.

Machop uses Knock Off on the level 13 Gastly (or both Gastly if the other isn't caught).

Gastly 15
Gastly 13
Sneasel 16

Sneasel is caught on the first try!

Gastly as well!

2 levels to machop and $103

4 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Yes, this seems just. Another Great Ball and the rest of my Pokeballs at Mr. Sneezy.

IF those all fail I GUESS I’ll resort to my Ultra ball on it.

If it ends up captured or flees, I suppose I’d be doing myself a disservice if I DIDN’T waste the rest of my balls of Lapras (starting with Ultra).

After that, I’ll certainly have Koffing Sludge the bug to death.

I’ll get back to you on Battle commands for the Lapras

You put your foot down. This Sneasel WILL belong to Team Rocket if it's the last thing you do. You pull out another Great Ball and make a weird shrieking noise. The Sneasel pauses momentarily, unsure how to react to the sound. This is just enough time for the Great Ball to connect! It shakes once. Twice. Maybe three times. I asked my Uncle Elwyn, he's a mime he said, " ". 

Obscure reference aside, this one seemed to do the trick! Sneasel is now yours.

With the first challenge complete, you turn towards the true prize: the beautiful Lapras that has been silently judging you this entire time. With your newfound confidence, you pull out the Ultra Ball, and throw a perfect spiral towards Lapras's general direction. Lapras stares at the ball as it heads towards its face...

And sails clear over its head and into the Lake, where it sinks immediately. 

Determined, you throw your last great ball at it. No drama here, it falls about 5 feet short of the Lapras entirely. Enraged, you take your last 3 pokeballs and just chuck them. Surely if you throw all of them at once, one is bound it hit, right?

Well, right! One of the pokeballs hits Lapras in the fin. The ball shakes once, then Lapras comes bursting back out of it. It looks angry now and is slowly swimming towards your direction...

While you try to think of how to handle the Lapras now, a buzzing sound distracts you. A rogue Cutiefly, you immediately tell Koffing to handle the situation. In a panic, the Cutiefly Struggle Bugs into the Koffing, causing minor damage. Koffing strikes back with a Sludge. Cutiefly isn't looking too hot but Struggle Bugs again. Koffing finishes it off with another Sludge. 

Now, what to do about that Lapras?

(Koffing will receive 3 levels after the battle with the level 18 Lapras. It currently has 27 HP remaining. $106 from the Cutiefly has been added to your total).

Edited by omgitshim

3 hours ago, dlamb said:

Pokeballs, then Great Balls on Riolu and the higher levelled Mimikyu. 

The, kill the last lv 14 mimikyu with a Litwick Shadow Ball. Use other mons, whatever moves, if needed.

"Aha! A baby pokemon!" exclaims Professor Elm. "The perfect chance to get some unique research!" You throw the first pokeball at Riolu, but miss. It seems annoyed at you. You throw a second pokeball, but this time Riolu punches it away. It then runs off behind the train station. You don't have the endurance to give chase, so you give a heavy sigh as it escapes you...

In the corner of your eye, you notice a pair of Mimikyu on the horizon. Trying to be cool, you quickly turn around and throw a Pokeball at one of the Mimikyu. You catch it by surprise, and your luck seems to be changing because it's caught on the first try!

The other Mimikyu is upset that you kidnapped its friend and charges towards you. Litwick hits it with a Shadow Ball, but it counters with a rough Shadow Claw. Another Shadow Ball is enough to subdue it, and not a moment too soon!

Litwick gains 1 level, and $107 was found.

3 hours ago, dlamb said:

Action 4: Explore Lake of Rage

With the party in tow, you make your way off to the Lake. It's brimming with pokemon, but three in particular catch your eye...

Pokemon Level
Cutiefly 15
Cutiefly 16
Sneasel 13

3 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Action 1: Officer Jenny performs a routine patrol and gets PAID.

You issue one parking ticket and receive $513 for your civil duties.

3 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Action 2: Officer Jenny and Growlithe hit the streets of Goldenrod City!

As you cruise into town, you find three pokemon that give you the dirty eye...

Pokemon Level
Elekid 18
Axew 18
Mimikyu 18