PS GM 1: New York vs. Calgary

JardyB10

The point still remains the same. You'll get owned when it matters.

You're New York, it's your job to think nothing of Calgary up until our fourth playoff win over you.

I'm Calgary, it's my job to think we're the next greatest team.

Until the playoffs, none of this can really be determined, so it's too early to say we'll get owned when it matters. You can't really determine that yet. What little evidence we have (this game) suggests otherwise. I agree that one game is just one game, but I also don't think that a Calgary win can in any way be used as evidence that New York is still better.

Look at the rosters lol. We have five of the best players in the league on our team. What do you have? A few good ones. A few too young, a few too old. If anything, I think you're vastly overrating your team and assuming New York has suddenly gotten much worse (which we haven't).

Look at the rosters lol. We have five of the best players in the league on our team. What do you have? A few good ones. A few too young, a few too old. If anything, I think you're vastly overrating your team and assuming New York has suddenly gotten much worse (which we haven't).

It's your job to think that. You're trying to antagonize, which is good for starting a rivalry, but yeah I'm not having it. I like most of the people on your team (you included) and I'm not going to say something negative just for the sake of this. New York is supposed to think New York is better, Calgary is supposed to think Calgary is better.

If, on the other hand, you want to convince a member of Calgary not to think his own team is better, then that's even more folly and not going to happen.

It's your job to think that. You're trying to antagonize, which is good for starting a rivalry, but yeah I'm not having it. I like most of the people on your team (you included) and I'm not going to say something negative just for the sake of this. New York is supposed to think New York is better, Calgary is supposed to think Calgary is better.

If, on the other hand, you want to convince a member of Calgary not to think his own team is better, then that's even more folly and not going to happen.

That's inane drivel. I'm not trying to antagonize, I'm stating facts. I know you're trying to pump ypur team up, but you'll be very lucky to compete against New York this season imo. There's no way your team is better on paper, you can't argue that.

That's inane drivel. I'm not trying to antagonize, I'm stating facts. I know you're trying to pump ypur team up, but you'll be very lucky to compete against New York this season imo. There's no way your team is better on paper, you can't argue that.

Paper champs win paper titles

We just won the title last season? lol

You're not fielding the same roster. You had to ship off a few cogs to stay under the cap. Fact is, there are no facts yet for S40. We won't know who the better team is until it's all over and anything until then is merely speculation.

That said, damn right does Calgary have a shot this season.

The other cogs have improved. Again, we have five of the top players i nthe league on our team and none of them will be hit by depreciation in any significant form. Your roster just isn't as strong as much as you'd like to think it is. The proof will be in the pudding, just like it was last season though.

What are you trying to accomplish, sterling? Do you want me to say that new York has 100% chance of winning the cup this season? That's simply not true, and if it was, why are we playing the season?

Do you want me to say that New York is better than Calgary? Regardless of if that is or isn't true (and as of yet we can't determine it anyway) you have to know better than to try to get the GM of Calgary to say that.

Do you want me to say that on paper you are better? Sure, but not by as much as you want to think, and certainly not by such a wide margin that the season is predetermined. We can beat you on an individual game basis and prove that, if nothing else, with this exact game. All that's needed in the playoffs will be four of these. We may get it, we may not, but we don't know that yet. You don't know that yet either. That's why we play the season.

The other cogs have improved. Again, we have five of the top players i nthe league on our team and none of them will be hit by depreciation in any significant form. Your roster just isn't as strong as much as you'd like to think it is. The proof will be in the pudding, just like it was last season though.

STHS can be a rather fickle bitch, so who knows. I'll wait for GM-approved rosters and further results on the ice before making claims like that though.

I want you to stop acting like you've accomplished something by beating NY in the first pre-season game of the season. It boils my beets to have people think they are the top dogs in NA after on game. If you win durign the season you can talk shit, but for now, I think I(we've) earned the right to have the benefit of the doubt.

I want you to stop acting like you've accomplished something by beating NY in the first pre-season game of the season. It boils my beets to have people think they are the top dogs in NA after on game. If you win durign the season you can talk shit, but for now, I think I(we've) earned the right to have the benefit of the doubt.

We did accomplish something. That something is winning a preseason game. Not once did I or anyone on Calgary say we're already on top of the conference, in fact I specifically said we don't know yet, if you'd bother to read. You won last season, good for you, but you also have not accomplished anything this season, just as we haven't. That's because this season hasn't started. No one has accomplished anything.