S85 BLESSED

STZ

S85 BLESSED

Once again your VHFL Champion of Champions will reveal the correct picks for S85. This year was unique in that I was GM.. Not really unique because I did nothing extra other than add picks to a post, and then get TPE that I won't be able to add because Markinson will be RIP at the end of the season. There are two repeat picks this season, but other than that I blessed four new players.

Also, this was originally a .com and extended to a two-week Media Spot. That's what's up.

1st Overall - Nico Pearce @Spartan

With the pick of the litter I went with my boy Nico. I think I got him in the second or third round last year. An absolute steal, considering his build and TPA level. This year I basically had to choose between my own player Hard Markinson or Nico. I went with Nico because I truly believe it's the safer pick. Marksinon has has years where his point total isn't high, and I think in Vancouver Nico is going to put up huge numbers with a pretty solid Hit total as well. Likely we will see our first new Boulet winner in like 4+ seasons with Idaho RIP'd, so imo that's always the way to go.

12th Overall - Vasile Lamb @dlamb

At this pick I had already seen everyone take a top defenseman and a solid forward. I'm on the back end of the snake draft, so I really had to make a solid pick, while also cautiously predicting who will be picked between 14-23. I went with Vasile Lamb with this pick. This almost feels like my Pearce pick of last year, where we will see Lamb going top of the first round year's from now. He's had three huge hit totals two of which were mid top high 300's. He's over PPG, and those are the stats that will be taking a shot upwards. He's 83 points last year might be why he fell to me at 12, but this player is about to be blessed out the ying yang.

13th Overall - Hulk Hogan 2 @Hogan

Markinson, Sova, Cheese, Eightnine, Peepants are all off the board.. At this point the decision has to be made if you just go all in on forwards, and assume that the drop off in talent isn't going to be very big considering every other team can only select 2 defensemen.. Or you take a player that you think is undervalued and is actually better than the defensemen already taken. At 13th overall I take Hulk Hogan 2 and bless an absolute degen who probably doesn't deserve it. This player is going to be a stud, and should breakout either this season or next (it'll be this season). He's on a really solid Seattle team, and Hogan 2 has been pretty efficient and consistent. He's been pretty clutch come playoff time, and I really think his role as 1D will propell him into the upper echelon of the defensive ranks. He needs to grow a pair and start hitting more, but his SB totals make up for his gutless play in the corner. Keep taking pucks off that big dumb head of yours and give me the TPE that I can't apply to my retired player.

24th Overall - Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser

At this pick you're going for pure value, and players that are at an upward trend. How does a 200+ hit player with over PPG fall to 24th? Heck, two seasons ago he had 140 SB. Not only that but he's made huge stride in scoring and defense stats. Really feel like I got a guy here. The only fear here is that the Wranglers have an abundance of scoring forwards. Janser will likely be 2C to Kotkakoivu (previously was blessed through his 3-4th season). Janser is a bit better on faceoffs though, so we might see him take the centre circle on the powerplay, which could drive up his numbers. Calgary is going to be a really tough team for NA to face off against, I could see this being a big year in Janser's career.

25th Overall -Papa Emeritus @Beketov

Always take the simmer. Papa has been blessed before, and usually only performs when not blessed. I took him as the first goalie of the draft, but mainly because I think he will face a lot of shots, and he's coming off a career year. Moscow just finds a way to win every year, so I'm gonna take my boy Bek and believe in Papa.

36th Overall - Hammar Voss @BOOM

Isn't it suiting that after being neglected all off-season, BOOM was one pick away from being an after-thought in Group 16 VHFL.. Well, not so fast, at pick 36, with the final pick of the draft I decided to bless one of the good ones in boom's Hammar Voss. Basically all the defensemen were picked in the draft by the fourth round, so I knew I had the choice between Bo Johanssen, Max Torq, or a wildcard pick. I took Voss because of the circumstances his player is in. He's 1D on a team that has one legitamate scorer on the front end. Voss is far and away the most talented skater on the ice for Helsinki. Truth is, goals have to come from somewhere, and assists have to come from somewhere. Voss is going to have a career high for hits. I think SB points are where this pick is going to really show it's value. I see really high amount of shots against on Helsinki. Between Voss and Booberry, there could be a lot of pucks bouncing off the Titans players. If Wins weren't a consideration I would have taken Booberry at 25th. Not only that but isn't it a BOOM kinda thing to be in the middle of controversy and then just completely tear the league apart the next season (see: Odinsson S79).

Analysis

Obviously going to win once again. My three forwards will likely be the Boulet Nominees. Hogan and Voss were combined for the lowest defense picks in the draft and will end up being the most valuable. Papa going to break the All-Time SO record, and singlehandedly bring Moscow a cup in it's final chance with Hard Markinson. Then I ride into the sunset.

Congrats to all the players and members who were blessed in S85.

///1072 Words

/// W.E. Sept 11

/// W.E. Sept 18

Edited by STZ

• STZ changed the title to S85 BLESSED
2 hours ago, STZ said:

S85 BLESSED

Once again your VHFL Champion of Champions will reveal the correct picks for S85. This year was unique in that I was GM.. Not really unique because I did nothing extra other than add picks to a post, and then get TPE that I won't be able to add because Markinson will be RIP at the end of the season. There are two repeat picks this season, but other than that I blessed four new players.

Also, this was originally a .com and extended to a two-week Media Spot. That's what's up.

1st Overall - Nico Pearce @Spartan

With the pick of the litter I went with my boy Nico. I think I got him in the second or third round last year. An absolute steal, considering his build and TPA level. This year I basically had to choose between my own player Hard Markinson or Nico. I went with Nico because I truly believe it's the safer pick. Marksinon has has years where his point total isn't high, and I think in Vancouver Nico is going to put up huge numbers with a pretty solid Hit total as well. Likely we will see our first new Boulet winner in like 4+ seasons with Idaho RIP'd, so imo that's always the way to go.

12th Overall - Vasile Lamb @dlamb

At this pick I had already seen everyone take a top defenseman and a solid forward. I'm on the back end of the snake draft, so I really had to make a solid pick, while also cautiously predicting who will be picked between 14-23. I went with Vasile Lamb with this pick. This almost feels like my Pearce pick of last year, where we will see Lamb going top of the first round year's from now. He's had three huge hit totals two of which were mid top high 300's. He's over PPG, and those are the stats that will be taking a shot upwards. He's 83 points last year might be why he fell to me at 12, but this player is about to be blessed out the ying yang.

13th Overall - Hulk Hogan 2 @Hogan

Markinson, Sova, Cheese, Eightnine, Peepants are all off the board.. At this point the decision has to be made if you just go all in on forwards, and assume that the drop off in talent isn't going to be very big considering every other team can only select 2 defensemen.. Or you take a player that you think is undervalued and is actually better than the defensemen already taken. At 13th overall I take Hulk Hogan 2 and bless an absolute degen who probably doesn't deserve it. This player is going to be a stud, and should breakout either this season or next (it'll be this season). He's on a really solid Seattle team, and Hogan 2 has been pretty efficient and consistent. He's been pretty clutch come playoff time, and I really think his role as 1D will propell him into the upper echelon of the defensive ranks. He needs to grow a pair and start hitting more, but his SB totals make up for his gutless play in the corner. Keep taking pucks off that big dumb head of yours and give me the TPE that I can't apply to my retired player.

At this pick you're going for pure value, and players that are at an upward trend. How does a 200+ hit player with over PPG fall to 24th? Heck, two seasons ago he had 140 SB. Not only that but he's made huge stride in scoring and defense stats. Really feel like I got a guy here. The only fear here is that the Wranglers have an abundance of scoring forwards. Janser will likely be 2C to Kotkakoivu (previously was blessed through his 3-4th season). Janser is a bit better on faceoffs though, so we might see him take the centre circle on the powerplay, which could drive up his numbers. Calgary is going to be a really tough team for NA to face off against, I could see this being a big year in Janser's career.

25th Overall -Papa Emeritus @Beketov

Always take the simmer. Papa has been blessed before, and usually only performs when not blessed. I took him as the first goalie of the draft, but mainly because I think he will face a lot of shots, and he's coming off a career year. Moscow just finds a way to win every year, so I'm gonna take my boy Bek and believe in Papa.

36th Overall - Hammar Voss @BOOM

Isn't it suiting that after being neglected all off-season, BOOM was one pick away from being an after-thought in Group 16 VHFL.. Well, not so fast, at pick 36, with the final pick of the draft I decided to bless one of the good ones in boom's Hammar Voss. Basically all the defensemen were picked in the draft by the fourth round, so I knew I had the choice between Bo Johanssen, Max Torq, or a wildcard pick. I took Voss because of the circumstances his player is in. He's 1D on a team that has one legitamate scorer on the front end. Voss is far and away the most talented skater on the ice for Helsinki. Truth is, goals have to come from somewhere, and assists have to come from somewhere. Voss is going to have a career high for hits. I think SB points are where this pick is going to really show it's value. I see really high amount of shots against on Helsinki. Between Voss and Booberry, there could be a lot of pucks bouncing off the Titans players. If Wins weren't a consideration I would have taken Booberry at 25th. Not only that but isn't it a BOOM kinda thing to be in the middle of controversy and then just completely tear the league apart the next season (see: Odinsson S79).

Analysis

Obviously going to win once again. My three forwards will likely be the Boulet Nominees. Hogan and Voss were combined for the lowest defense picks in the draft and will end up being the most valuable. Papa going to break the All-Time SO record, and singlehandedly bring Moscow a cup in it's final chance with Hard Markinson. Then I ride into the sunset.

Congrats to all the players and members who were blessed in S85.

///1072 Words

/// W.E. Sept 11

/// W.E. Sept 18

Janser was a solid pick! He will be our #1C due to his faceoff rating ;)

review:

The article was well written overall, there was a good breakup between players using red colors for the draft pick and players as the heading. You reasoned yourself very well as it gave me a really good idea of what was going through your head during the pick, going in real depth with some of the picks. I would probably put the position in the headings with the players to give us a better idea of your drafting strategy and what positions your valued more. Although you did mention it in each paragraph, the heading would still give the reader a quick recap of the drafting strategy. I also dislike how you didn’t include the player who is about to have a real bestial comeback season… Brendan Marner.

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2022 at 5:04 PM, STZ said:

Can you please give me the lotto numbers next? ;)