Why Spartan is a bad GM?

Baby Boomer

Welcome everyone, 

I am sorry for everyone who click on the article hoping I would talk trash about Spartan, but I will not. I don’t think I have any disagreement with them and I want to keep it that way lol. This week is theme week and we need to talk about GMs or team management and in this article, I will talk my personnal experience as a GM. 

Everything started in S81 when, current Los Angeles Stars GM and past Rome Gladiators GM, @InstantRockstar gave me my first chance as an AGM in the VHLE with the Rome Gladiators. For two years I was the AGM of Rockstar in Rome and we won the Renaissance Cup in S82. It was a very very nice experience and I will always remember that team and the run to the Cup. My job when I was an AGM was very basic and I was really in a learning mind set, because I was new to this world and it can be a really complicated one. I was doing the press conference and I even started a VHL.com article that maybe some of you know. It is called « All roads lead to Rome and to the Cup » and it talks about the daily life of the team. 

In S81, I had the chance to GM team Canada in the world junior championship and I am really grateful to have been able to do this. This was my first time as a real GM and I really liked the experience, I had to select my team, choose the captain and assitants and manage the locker room. Team Canada lost against team Europe in the semi-final and lost to team World in the bronze medal game. Team Canada finished fourth out of five and even if it was not the end we wanted, I think everyone on the team enjoyed the tournament.  

At the end of S82, Rockstar left for a better world in Los Angeles and the GM position was now vacant and obviously, I applied for the job. Rockstar has been a really good mentor for me and he helped me a lot becoming the GM I am right now. When I applied, he vouch for me, I thinked that it helped me get the job and I will always be grateful for what he did. When Rockstar left, we had just won the Cup and the team entered a little rebuild. Indeed, Rome finished in the two last place the past two seasons and this season is not going to be any different. However, this season is suppoed to be the last bad season of the Rome Gladiators, because we have a lot of draft picks and we believe in our chances. Now that I am GM, I no longer do the press conference, because I can claim the 2 TPE for being a GM in the VHLE, but I still continue to make the VHL.com articles. 

That is pretty much it for my experience as a GM, but I hope that it is only the beginning. My goal would be to be a GM in the VHL, but I am not in a hurry and I really want to take my time and be sure that I am ready before making the jump.