mods and bads

Dreamdeath

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Bek don't lie you only communicate with me when fong gets banned or you need help with your thermostat :kekw:

You serve a specific purpose, what can I say.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Just to be clear, if you mean me then you should know that the welcome PM and topic are both auto-generated as a way of giving people information and a spot to introduce themselves. I couldn’t possibly have time to welcome every single member that joins.

You mean we all don't get personalized messages from you when we join????? smh. your whole life should be dedicated to message new members.

2 hours ago, ThePerfectNut said:

@JardyB10any kind of illusion that the VHL isn't a place that cares about its new members."

If we being 100% real, they really don't LOL.

It's like McDonald's employees greeting there clients. It's there job to ''care'' about the clients, but we all know they don't lmao.

These people care for a short moment just so they could possibly stay, but afterwards they won't talk to them ever again. (Except if they are on the same team)

The same people who greeted me has never texted me since.

Some people aren't ready for that talk tho.

It's business at the end of the day

yeah I mean VHLM GM and AGMing which most people have their first experience with those members can be an extremely time consuming job. I mean like as management we do care about the players, but I am only active in Miami discord server. If you wanted to talk to me you have to seek me out because I am quite busy with Miami. You also joined before what was my most inactive season I have ever had. This feels like directly calling me and ledge out which kinda hurts especially considering that I spend a lot of time fostering the relationships with my players. Just the way the M works forces us to either do our job to a lesser degree or be forced to not hold relationships with former players. Like if you have a problem with how I have talked to you just talk to me instead of saying nameless people on the forum.

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Why does this league have an issue with realizing that being friendly =/= being friends? People can be welcoming and available to assist, but no one in this league is going to reach out personally to every other member in the league. I say hello to people who join the Discord, but I would really hope that every one of those people isn't expecting me to constantly reach out to start conversations with them for the duration of their time in the VHL. 

this exactly! just because I am friendly with you in my locker room doesn't mean you can expect me to continue a relationship after you have left my team. I have limited time and there are a few former players who I do keep in contact with, but those situations are rare in a league where I only have you on my team for approximately 7 weeks.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, samx said:

You mean we all don't get personalized messages from you when we join????? smh. your whole life should be dedicated to message new members.

Sucks to be you, there were no auto messages back when i joined so i actually did get greeted :D

36 minutes ago, nurx said:

yeah I mean VHLM GM and AGMing which most people have their first experience with those members can be an extremely time consuming job. I mean like as management we do care about the players, but I am only active in Miami discord server. If you wanted to talk to me you have to seek me out because I am quite busy with Miami. You also joined before what was my most inactive season I have ever had. This feels like directly calling me and ledge out which kinda hurts especially considering that I spend a lot of time fostering the relationships with my players. Just the way the M works forces us to either do our job to a lesser degree or be forced to not hold relationships with former players. Like if you have a problem with how I have talked to you just talk to me instead of saying nameless people on the forum.

Nurx you don’t have to project your inactivity insecurities on this fellow. They may or may not have been referring to you, but even if they were, they were just giving a frank take on how their new member experience was. WHICH, by the way, was technically in 2019, so before your noob ass time.

It’s not unreasonable for you and other VHLM’s to have ebbs and flows of activity, and it’s not unreasonable for a member to have a less fulfilling experience during the ebbs. For example, in the EFL, I had a lovely experience with @JetsGoalie101 on the Death Valley Rangers a couple seasons back. However this season with @TheCHEESE behind the wheel, the team is less good and less active and overall has been a less good experience. No doubt there’s reasons for both these things, and I certainly don’t mean to offend or upset a block of cheese, but it is what it is. You win some you lose some.

7 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Nurx you don’t have to project your inactivity insecurities on this fellow. They may or may not have been referring to you, but even if they were, they were just giving a frank take on how their new member experience was. WHICH, by the way, was technically in 2019, so before your noob ass time.

It’s not unreasonable for you and other VHLM’s to have ebbs and flows of activity, and it’s not unreasonable for a member to have a less fulfilling experience during the ebbs. For example, in the EFL, I had a lovely experience with @JetsGoalie101 on the Death Valley Rangers a couple seasons back. However this season with @TheCHEESE behind the wheel, the team is less good and less active and overall has been a less good experience. No doubt there’s reasons for both these things, and I certainly don’t mean to offend or upset a block of cheese, but it is what it is. You win some you lose some.

parks and rec computer GIF

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

I couldn’t possibly have time to welcome every single member that joins.

You mean you don't constantly f5 the forums and give everyone a friendly greeting?

Just so this is well known to everyone, this do be sarcasm 

58 minutes ago, Berocka said:

I just realised multiple people made the same joke as me so please ignore my shitty attempt at humour. That is all

You mean you don't constantly f5 the forums to read the latest in the "mods and bads" thread?

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

Just to be clear, if you mean me then you should know that the welcome PM and topic are both auto-generated as a way of giving people information and a spot to introduce themselves. I couldn’t possibly have time to welcome every single member that joins.

However I will also note that Beketov has on numerous occasions read and responded to articles/media spots I have posted where I have asked questions.  I have found most people on this site to be friendly or at least polite. This can probably be boiled down to you get what you give.

3 hours ago, Berocka said:

You mean you don't constantly f5 the forums and give everyone a friendly greeting?

Just so this is well known to everyone, this do be sarcasm 

Must be an Aussie thing then. I also DM a set of different users every day to say G'day.

14 hours ago, Dreamdeath said:

I never post anything. I kept to myself. but after the past week on mod bans has proven to me this is a clique. If your feelings get hurt, you get a ban. Mods here are out of control. Even the people in charge here are ruining the site.  No wonder why you can't get new people to join and stay active. I'm sorry I'm no longer interested in this site.

I'll miss you and your 6 posts, aside from the elite potential. If you'd kept up this level of activity/earning, I could see you making a HOF'er.

vhlportal-com-players-playerfocus-5614.p

9 minutes ago, BOOM said:

I'll miss you and your 6 posts, aside from the elite potential. If you'd kept up this level of activity/earning, I could see you making a HOF'er.

vhlportal-com-players-playerfocus-5614.p

Don’t welfare shame! Not everyone can be rich old folks like us.