Jardy's Hecking Podcast, S2 Episode 21: Discussing my Next Player and Other Things Too

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

This podcast contains scenes of murder.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--S2-Episode-21-Discussing-my-Next-Player-and-Other-Things-Too-e1r19oq

G'day mate, today I discuss my next player, WHO WILL BE CHANGING ALL THE RULES!

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!

I also talk about @Beketov dying and some activity stuff.

Other Mentions:

@FrostBeard @Shindigs @Berocka @ctots

Tagged as though I wasn’t gonna listen regardless. I’m taking that as a compliment.

This version of your voice is less sploosh, but such is the nature of illness.

I’m sorry Poopy isn’t succeeding, unfortunately it do be like that sometimes.

VHLE lifer is an interesting idea, and it’s certainly a lower pressure performance than being expected to max earn for a decade.

I think we probably have all talked about needing some community building stuff.

I leave comments on YouTube videos when it’s content by people I know, or occasionally I’ll comment on the Blue Jackets pressers and stuff, not because I expect anyone to read it but because I can speak to the void and feel like my voice is being heard.

When you hear someone making a podcast about eliminating a Swedish team and you manage one! 🤯 But then you realise it's the other one 😅

For VHLE career lifer, as things stand (I've suggested other ideas to the commish so we'll see) you get to pick your pre VHLE-draft season team in FA, then like the VHL, you have a three season contract with the VHLE team that drafts you before becoming a VHLE Free Agent and all those are one-season deals, so at least you've got plenty of engagement in the off-seasons ahead! No depreciation as well so yeah, think you may well become the VHLE GOAT! 

Occurred to me during this that it might be worth the league introducing a new optional clause to contracts, a VHLE clause that gives the player the ability to pick whether they play up in the VHL or down in the VHLE since atm it's solely the GM's choice. 

Hey, maybe you don't have an award but at least you've got one of the four VHL divisions named after your player! I'll settle for just having the Thunderdome forum that you named after me!

Lol, the Luna Sharp award sounds like something Encarnacion would have won like 6 times over! 

I've only left youtube comments on very small videos (like sub 1000 views) to answer questions that were asked by the creator. I used to frequent a website called giantbomb.com and they did a play through of Yakuza 0 and, as someone who completed the game, I gave helpful advice and got shouted out for helping on one of their videos once and that was super cool!

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I also talk about @Beketov dying

Rude....I assume anyway, I haven't had time to listen yet.

Also we're gonna share a draft class again, aren't you excited?

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Rude....I assume anyway, I haven't had time to listen yet.

Also we're gonna share a draft class again, aren't you excited?

It’s not that rude, I just suggest appropriate actions to take in the case of a singular potential death of yours!

And I am! I’m hoping to go 50 picks after you this time.

Hey Jardy, Poopy did actually set the single game assist record. So that's something he accomplished!

Oh and Björk is a surname, not a first name. Björn isn't actually that common. Also "Svensk" is a surname you can have in both Sweden and Finland, and it literally just means "Swedish". So hard to get more Swedish than that.

We've had like 2 VHLE lifer goalies btw (Orion D H Chiester IX and Anime Protagonist), and at least one dman (Zeljko Ranogajec). So sadly you won't be the first. And the Goalie Award is named after Orion, so that ship already sailed too. #blamecole

#RelocateVästerås

Have I ever left comments on a YouTube video? Only hockey ones, mainly TheHockeyGuy since his comment section actually used to have relatively reasonable discussion. (Unless it had to do with Buffalo, as their fans are pretty pepega)

On 11/20/2022 at 6:51 AM, Shindigs said:

Unless it had to do with Buffalo, as their fans are pretty pepega

I like to think we're mostly just depressed and half of us have stopped caring. Or maybe that's just where I am with things.

I also like to think "Gustav Svensk" would be a nice comically Swedish name, while satisfying my ever-present DEMANDS for WORSHIP. 

4 hours ago, Gustav said:

I like to think we're mostly just depressed and half of us have stopped caring. Or maybe that's just where I am with things.

Yes and no, I just enjoy having hope after the first 10 games every season, only to have my dreams crushed by then losing the next 10.