2 years later

Dom

2 years ago the league had every VHLM teams full, there was tons of first gens and both the forum and discord had so much life. It was the S75 draft class knocking at the VHL's door. How did it turn out in the end? In this short article I will be taking a look at some of the notable S75 first gens in their draft order and where they are now.

7th: Cabe McJake @redsus

This one is an interesting one, McJake used to be a pretty good and consistant TPE earner and was leading the S75 draft class in TPE at some point. Other than his ban later in his career I think McJake killed his career by taking a greedy 6M$ salary.

8th: Addison McLaren: @tcookie

Back in S74, McLaren and Mcjake were absolutely killing it in the VHLM, one season later McLaren was earning a Founders cup in Philadelphia. For a good part of his career he was seen as one of the top first gens of S75 but slowed down on activity later.

11th: Scotty Kaberle @fromtheinside

This is a well known member by now, FTI has been AGM of Yukon, New York and now Chicago. He ended up winning a Continental cup with the Malmo Nighthawks and a founders cup with the Yukon Rush as an AGM. On his second player he managed to get the picked 1st overall and he is now BOG.

20th: Cowboy Prout @Prout

This is a guy I thought would stay around. He was pretty active but is now gone. I wouldn't be surpised to see him back at some point.

24th: Robert Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito

Our first steal of this article. I had the opportunity to play my whole career with him on my first player and what a great guy and also a reliable and loyal player. He used to be my AGM back in Yukon and he is now AGM for the Wolves and I'm sure he is doing a great job there.

26th: Justin Lose @youloser1337

An other big steal of this draft. Lose been climbing the TPE leaderboard for his whole career to end up at the 2nd place. Not only that but also been such a dominant player during S81, walking home with 4 awards in 1 single season. He also been GM of the Mexico City Kings for quite a while as well as being our TPE santa claus with the fantasy zone.

27th: Linus Zetterstrom @Ledge

At some point Ledge was one of the most active first gen of this draft class and has been GM of Miami for a few seasons but things have slowed down on his side. Hopefully he can come back to his former activity at some point.

36th: Thadius Sales: @thadthrasher

Eww

Spoiler

More seriously, what a steal from New York. Not only Thad became one of the best goalie of the league in during his career but he also brought with him his positive energy and his humor. Everyone remember Thad's WJC application videos. He is now GM of the same team that has drafted him at first and a VHLE commissioner. Quite a Journey for a 36th pick.

Alright, I got enough words for sure, I'm sure I forgot about a lot of people but no offense, this draft class was huge and I don't wanna write all night for a VHL.com article. I also intentionally skipped my own player.

Edited by Dom