Drama in EU conference. Playoff spot chances for all teams...

hedgehog337

....but Moscow and Helsinki. Sorry, be less good or bad.

3 days and the S87 regular season is a history. Just like 6 unlucky (or not so) teams are about to be a history earlier than they were wishing. Though half of them are more interested in the first overall than anything else. And in case of the NA conference the remaining schedule is likely going to be a formality. It's gonna take some major ''effort'' for Seattle or Chicago to choke their lead on NYA. Europe on other hand....

...speaking about the bloodbath. I'm not going to jump into the immediate conclusions. But the S87 EU conference certainly should be one of the tightest the league has ever seen. Before the last sim only Moscow and Helsinki were sure about their future. The last one did change things a bit. Another team managed to pull away from the rest of the pack and I think it's just going to be right to talk about them first.

:dav:Davos Dynamo :dav:

Remaining schedule:

Warsaw (H)

DC (A)

Vancouver (A)

Riga (H)

2x London (A and H)

Honestly, I had a doubt that they will hold on given that they were not the most exciting team at the offense. And lots of their games went beyond the regulation time. There was a fear of some loss streak that could've ended their hopes. However, not only they managed to hold on, they actually ran away from the rest 5 teams. They are 5 points ahead of Malmo who is sitting third. I'm not ever sure if they ever were out of the playoff at any point of the season which is pretty impressive. That's some consistency.

Playoff chances: I like their chances. I don't see sim fucking around with them and Davos will most likely avoid the wildcard round. The last three games will be very interested to see. Both Riga and London might be at the do or die position so I'm curious if the OG purples are going to keep the foot in the gas before the playoffs.

:mal:Malmo Nighthawks :mal:

Remaining schedule:

Chicago (A)

London (H)

2x LA (both A)

2x Prague (both H)

It took 40 plus games until they managed to climb into the playoff zone. I was having a feeling the the horrible start of the season was too harsh and they should be way closer to the party. And that what's exactly happened. I think they never left the top 5 after that....kind of mini Davos thing right here. In overall though, I'm feeling they are kinda there since they went winning ways. It's a sure contender, but is there something more than that? I'm not sure.

Playoff chances: that's why I'm predicting this team to fall...to the wildcard spot. One particular team might be able to overlap them despite of a tough schedule. However, despite of some flaws this team has I do have a feeling they can hang on. Sure, the schedule is not easy by any means. Games against London and Prague are pretty much 6 pointers (yes, 6 not 4. things in EU are THAT muddy). Losing these games would do huge harm to their playoff dreams...but the other EU teams are just inconsistent as hell. Nah, Malmo will be fine.

:rig:Riga Reign :rig:

Remaining schedule:

2x Moscow (A and H)

Vancouver (H)

Davos (A)

2x Helsinki (both A)

The main impostor of the conference. 6 other contenders were out there preparing for a good battle...and the Riga happened which made things even less clear. Sure, DeGroot factor has propelled Riga into the stardom. But who knew that after trading Rory Riga will be heading even futher up. Though, the last couple of games were indicating that the team might have blew their load after embarassing New York and now are just trying to scrap for points. Anyways, the work that has done prior to that is enough to still be in the hunt.

Playoff chances: the next 4 games are not making any easier for the team. The last 2, however might provide enough boost to squeak into the post season dance. And it's also still possible that Tucker can steal a game or two again so I'm going to be neutral here. Anything is possible at this point.

:war:Warsaw Predators :war:

Remaining schedule:

Davos (A)

Moscow (H)

3x Vancouver (2 H, 1 A)

Calgary (H)

Chicago (A)

You would thing that a team with likely a future Szatkowski award winner will have no problem in making it. Welp...this was not the case. Their offense is indeed talented, one of the best lineups in whole league. However, their back line and especially Wumbo are offsetting their efforts with the iffy performance. Despite of being the third best team in goals (maybe even a 2nd since they have a game in hand vs Prague) their goal diff is only +12. I think Wumbo's time in Warsaw may reach the end point sooner than later.

Playoff chances: so...4 games against the top 3 with three backup games left. Davos isn't an easy walk either. Oh boy....for some reason I think their forwards will pull this team into the third place despite of a brutal schedule. Don't even ask me why. Unlike the other team with a talented offensive lineup, I think it's Warsaw that will have a better ending here.

:ldn:London United :ldn:

Remaining schedule

3x Calgary (2 H, 1 A)

2x Davos (H and A)

Malmo (A)

At some point they were as high as the first in conference. Not for long though. Like other teams not named Moscow and Helsinki they were deep into the royal rumble and as of this moment nothing is certain. Well that was some generic description I guess. If trying to get more deep into their season...inconsistent and somewhat mid at times. Their main players are doing fine, but no one is doing the hard carry there. Though, shout out to Chiang for a good career ending stats. Would suck if this will amount of the lotto tournament appearance.

Playoff chances: unfortunately, I do feel this might be the case. The schedule is pretty tough plus they still have 2 backup games to play. And I do question their ability to have a good stretch. One game good, one game bad, all of that jazz. You just dont lose to Toronto at this stage of the season if you want to do something. And with me believing that Warsaw is finishing above London (and couple of other teams too) I just have a hard time to belive they will finish this season strong.

:prg:Prague Phantoms :prg:

Remaining schedule:

2x Chicago (both H)

2x Malmo (both A)

Toronto (H)

DC (H)

The most bizarre team out of bunch. Sure, the horrid start of the season sucked and is indeed a factor of their current record. But the winning period has pretty much fixed all of their issues and I was thinking that we're about to have a three way race to the top between them, Warsaw and Moscow. Then L5 happened. I was not sure what the fuck that streak even was, but as of right now Prague has never managed to fully recover from that odd loss streak.

Playoff chances: Toronto, DC. Chicago is also winnable. You would think they shouldn't really worry about their placement 3 days after. But no, I just can't be fully sure about them. The recent loss to a NYA who is on downward ways kills any of my confidence. Let's say they are capable of making the huge W streak right at the end, but I won't make a bet on this.

Alright, enough talking here. Such fights are great to see as a bystander as well as it's stressful for GM's who are in this shitstorm. Well, maybe except of me, my expectations were already met so we're having fun now. Would be great to make it though. Anyways, good luck everyone and looking forward to a barn burner ending of the EU season.

That's it and I'm out.

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

I'll let sim decide the outcome 

I mean

think about why I might want to see specifically Riga and Davos miss the playoffs (could be Riga or Davos but both of you would increase the odds)

hint: for any team that I'm rooting against this season, it's for the same reason

14 minutes ago, scoop said:

I mean

think about why I might want to see specifically Riga and Davos miss the playoffs (could be Riga or Davos but both of you would increase the odds)

hint: for any team that I'm rooting against this season, it's for the same reason

Ye I see wassup 

tbh I dont see Davos missing from this position. As for us 🤷‍♂️ we'll see. 

I just played the game of trying to figure out who would beat who over the remaining six games and my conclusion is .........

I Dont Know Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

I still have no clue who will make it and who will not!!

Should be fun to watch!