Legion Locker Room Cleanup

v.2

11655397_web1_180428-IFD-Matthews.jpg

Toronto, ON - The rookie season has come to an end for your Toronto Legion center Mac Atlas.  It was a great development year for the young stud however being on the losing end of things the majority of nights you have to wonder how it really affects the mental and progression of a young player coming into the VHL.  Should Atlas have stayed in the E and lit it up in Europe like his teammate Jimi Jaks decided to do?  Or was this the proper move, settle in to the big league as fast as possible.  I guess we'll never really know, however as the team begins to gut out their lockers, we can't help but notice the grin and excitement on Atlas' face as he and his teammates discuss their future in Toronto.

The team jokes around with each other, dapping each other up and exchanging a few hugs, those that are leaving the group pretty much know already and are offering their best wishes to those that are staying.  The level of respect these players have for one another is top tier, and at the end of the day it's clear that it doesn't matter which colours they are dawning, they will always be respectful and friendly.  Legion GM Mooner is in the room, franticly getting in some quick good-byes, as he has a flight to catch.  Yes the GM is going on vacation right before an important off-season officially kicks off.  Luckily his AGM's are more than capable of picking up the slack during his absence. 

Mac Atlas finished the year out with an even 23 goals, and 23 assists.  Good for 46 points total and 5th on the top rookie stat list.  Not quite as good of an output as one would have predicted for the young gun, but still impressive none the less considering the circumstances in Toronto and the reality of a tanking hockey team.  Going into next season Atlas is gearing towards winning some more key face-offs, and just becoming stronger on the puck overall.  Once this happens it's over for opponents.  In a past interview, Atlas said he would love to style his game after that of Sidney Crosby in the NHL.  Strong as fuck on the puck, clutch in tight, and a face-off machine.  Ultimately, Atlas is on a prime trajectory to lead this legion team out of the mud going forward.

As the draft approaches, the players in the Legion's locker room discuss which top prospects they envision joining their core squad.  The consensus is that the team requires a top defensemen to round out the teams franchise players, as they already have their core down the middle and in net with Joel Castle.  A guy like Stone, Bob, or Calaway would slot in perfectly on the blue line, and likely make the jump right away.  After a couple of key resignings, and a couple of seeyalaters, and the team will be looking like they are finally ready to climb out of the basement in the VHL.  Could the Legion also be a poppin' destination for future free agents?!!? Stay tuned and find out what Moon and the gang will be up to next!!!!!

@Moon @animal74 @kelvi @scoop @Baby Boomer @Beketov 

Edited by v.2

• v.2 changed the title to Legion Locker Room Cleanup
  • Commissioner
16 hours ago, v.2 said:

Calaway would slot in perfectly on the blue line, and likely make the jump right away.

I’m still undecided on that. TPE wise I’m sure I can, the soft cap is 300 now right? However I haven’t experienced the VHLE and might like to so I’m not sure. Clearly I should have just decided to go up last time and then I wouldn’t be having this dilemma.

49 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I’m still undecided on that. TPE wise I’m sure I can, the soft cap is 300 now right? However I haven’t experienced the VHLE and might like to so I’m not sure. Clearly I should have just decided to go up last time and then I wouldn’t be having this dilemma.

soft cap is three hundred for the VHLE (amazing I am teaching bek the rules of 'his' league).

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

soft cap is three hundred for the VHLE (amazing I am teaching bek the rules of 'his' league).

To be fair I had it right, I just wasn't sure. It was changed after I made the rule and it hasn't been relevant to me before now haha