Returned but not sure what to do

Ozzy Batty

First off, I want to explain why I left so abruptly. My Mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and asked me to help her with her treatment. I left all sim leagues except one and went to spend time with her and my Dad. She went thru horrific chemo and a devastating operation. But along the way, we had some great times, going to the beach for a week after her chemo was over, spending Thanksgiving, Christmas and even were able to celebrate her and Dad's 61st anniversary. But it was all too much and she sadly passed away about a month ago.

I have slowly started rejoining the sim world and this is a league I thought about, but I wasnt sure about rejoining because of the decision I made to leave like I did. But as I was going thru my Spam folder, I saw an email asking me to come back (thanks to Thad for that). Now I know it wasnt just sent to "me" but I figured I would give it a shot. I tried to join the Discord server, but the link in the email didnt work. 

I am not sure if I have to create a new player or if "Otis" is still a viable option. If I need to create a new one, I can do that. Just wasnt sure. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks.

Hi there, I am very sorry to hear what has happened to your mother. You are quite strong for staying with her the whole time, I respect that.

For VHL, firstly welcome back, and Otis is still a player you can use, but you can retire your player on the portal and start fresh if you’d like. DM me over on discord Viper#3821 and I can help you out.

• Commissioner
49 minutes ago, Otis Boudreaux said:

but I wasnt sure about rejoining because of the decision I made to leave like I did.

People leave and return for any number of reasons, we aren’t here to judge, just always glad to see people make their way back.

1 hour ago, Otis Boudreaux said:

I am not sure if I have to create a new player or if "Otis" is still a viable option. If I need to create a new one, I can do that. Just wasnt sure. 

Hi Otis,

First of all, I am sorry for your loss and I totally understand the decision you made regarding Sim-Leagues. Real life matters more than some virtual hockey league you have an imaginary player in. 

In regards whether you recreate or continue with Otis, that is entirely up to you. Earning permitted you can still cut out a solid (but maybe shorter) VHL career out of your S84 player. And I am sure @UnknownMinion will appreciate an additional active player in his roster.

Whatever your decision is, I wish you best of luck.

Daniel

Thanks for all of the support. Yea, It is nice to be back. I decided to re-create so we now have Otis Boudreaux Jr, also know as OB Jr. Hey, that sounds familiar!

Anyway, appreciate it folks. Now lets see what I can get done

1 hour ago, Otis Boudreaux Jr said:

First off, I want to explain why I left so abruptly. My Mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and asked me to help her with her treatment. I left all sim leagues except one and went to spend time with her and my Dad. She went thru horrific chemo and a devastating operation. But along the way, we had some great times, going to the beach for a week after her chemo was over, spending Thanksgiving, Christmas and even were able to celebrate her and Dad's 61st anniversary. But it was all too much and she sadly passed away about a month ago.

I have slowly started rejoining the sim world and this is a league I thought about, but I wasnt sure about rejoining because of the decision I made to leave like I did. But as I was going thru my Spam folder, I saw an email asking me to come back (thanks to Thad for that). Now I know it wasnt just sent to "me" but I figured I would give it a shot. I tried to join the Discord server, but the link in the email didnt work. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks.

I’m sorry for your lost, cancer is a curse from hell trust me I know, I fully support you recreating, returning to a league with a new player is always fun, and as far as your old player goes, don’t worry about about them they will enjoy retirement!

https://discord.gg/A3vB8fRQ

Edited by UnknownMinion

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for your loss Otis, I hope everyone can understand and respect your decision to focus on your family rather than the VHL.

We're happy to have you back! You and I spent a very limited amount of time together in Philly but from what I saw I think you have a ton to offer this league and I'm excited to see where your VHL career takes you, and of course, if you need any VHL-related help feel free to reach out to me :D