S88 VHL Super Coach

Spartan

Hello! 

The BoG and Commissioner team has approved a new fantasy game for S88 - one that was created by @Berocka well over a year ago. Many of us like to play DFS styled fantasy games for IRL sports, so the VHL is rolling out a new, seasonal, fantasy option.

How it works:

- Each team will compose of 3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 goalie.

- Every player has a cost. Remove the last 2 digits of their TPA, and that is their cost. For example, Nico Pearce is 1197 TPA - remove the last two digits and his cost will be $11. Vasile Lamb has 945 TPA, his cost will be $9.

- Your total budget for your team is $42. You may go under budget, but you may not go over. 

- Scoring works the same as VHFL. See VHFL scoring rules here in section 3.

Payout:

Like VHFL, this game will pay out at the conclusion of the S88 VHL regular season. However, the payout structure is different since you are not competing against just a group of 6 users, but rather everyone who participates in Super Coach.

Position TPE
1st Place 6
Top 20% 5
Top 40% 4
Top 60% 3
Top 80% 2
Everyone Else 1

Special Rules:

I hope to flesh out the official rules post here with Berocka's help, but for now, I will list a few notables below.

1. In order to encourage unique teams, a user with a unique team will receive a 10 point bonus added on to their score. This is to prevent everyone copying the same person's team. I will also not be showing submitted teams until after Super Coach is closed.

I thought there'd be a 2nd one but I don't think it'd quite make sense on a large scale. So TO BE DETERMINED. This is a first run on a large scale so there will likely be changes for future versions. Please let me know if you have any feedback.

Deadline: After first VHL sims on Wednesday, April 5th

Link to Team Builder: (Instructions on the first tab)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fboG9xcLGV43SaU1wju_Ya0OFdSXMB0gXm_JT3TFCrc/edit?usp=sharing

Fill out the form below:

Edited by Spartan

2 hours ago, KRZY said:

When can we see live team updates approximately? It’ll be cool to see teams @Spartan

Out of the state for a few days, so probably sometime early next week. Same timeline for VHFL live updates.

• Spartan unpinned and unfeatured this topic