Miami Marauders Punishment

Spartan

It is me.

The VHLM Commissioners discovered today that Miami illegally dropped an active player, Jeffrey Blake, from their roster and signed a new goalie to replace him. Philadelphia then signed Blake from free agency to their roster.

The VHLM Commissioners have discussed the situation and have come to the following decisions:

1. Philadelphia will be allowed to keep Jeffrey Blake on their roster for the duration of the season, and will pick up the duration of the player's 3 season rights which are typically only received by drafting a player. This is to allow the player to experience as little future turnover in the VHLM as possible. Philadelphia will have Blake's rights through the S90 season, should Blake remain in the VHLM for that long.

2. Miami is being stripped of their S89 3rd round pick for dropping an active player. Despite a potential misunderstanding by Miami around the player's updates, we hold our GMs to a certain standard and believe that the misunderstanding was easily avoidable with more attention to detail. 

- @VHLM Commissioner

Tagging relevant parties: @nurx, @Bobo, @Pifferfish

honestly don't really know what happened I was legitimately confused when I was asked why I released an active player. I was actually more confused how I hasn't gotten in trouble for having an IA player. I believed that the player hadn't updated for a ridiculous amount if time like almost a month an a half. I don't know if during the time looking at it if I believed it was May or if I simply was looking at the update log incorrectly. I was actually fairly upset however considering how the player was in the forums every week and look at my messages but wouldn't update. On Friday, I sent a message to the user explaining to them the IA rule and how I was upset I was going to have to drop them the coming week. Then come Monday night when I was going through my team I didn't see an update for that week or just simply didn't look. I released the player while talking to bobo. During this time bobo was already talking to me about how he was thinking about recreating because he wanted a new start now that he believes he will be more active following a busy time in his life. I said oh you should be a goalie now that there is a need for it league wide. I also remembered that we didn't have a goalie anymore so I suggested he just sign with Miami. He did so and I went about my night.

Again I don't really understand how this happened or what was going on in my mind. It kind of has put me in a position of thinking more clearing of what I am doing as a GM in the M and why I am here. I hope that I can move on from this unfortunate event and continue what I believe has been an otherwise very successful tenure in Miami.

38 minutes ago, nurx said:

I hope that I can move on from this unfortunate event and continue what I believe has been an otherwise very successful tenure in Miami.

That sounds like an honest mistake, I doubt many GM's would purposefully release an active player. This is a learning experience for all GM's and I'm sure it'll happen less from now on. From what I'm aware you're a good GM so don't let something this small discourage you.

On 4/18/2023 at 11:40 PM, nurx said:

honestly don't really know what happened I was legitimately confused when I was asked why I released an active player. I was actually more confused how I hasn't gotten in trouble for having an IA player. I believed that the player hadn't updated for a ridiculous amount if time like almost a month an a half. I don't know if during the time looking at it if I believed it was May or if I simply was looking at the update log incorrectly. I was actually fairly upset however considering how the player was in the forums every week and look at my messages but wouldn't update. On Friday, I sent a message to the user explaining to them the IA rule and how I was upset I was going to have to drop them the coming week. Then come Monday night when I was going through my team I didn't see an update for that week or just simply didn't look. I released the player while talking to bobo. During this time bobo was already talking to me about how he was thinking about recreating because he wanted a new start now that he believes he will be more active following a busy time in his life. I said oh you should be a goalie now that there is a need for it league wide. I also remembered that we didn't have a goalie anymore so I suggested he just sign with Miami. He did so and I went about my night.

Again I don't really understand how this happened or what was going on in my mind. It kind of has put me in a position of thinking more clearing of what I am doing as a GM in the M and why I am here. I hope that I can move on from this unfortunate event and continue what I believe has been an otherwise very successful tenure in Miami.

I think the player you were confusing with Jeffery was Julien Tessier, he is IA.

@nurxalso, based on what I know about you, it was likely an honest mistake, I also know based on our chats that you have been out of town and generally away for the past week. The timing of signing Bobo just made it look suspect as it seemed like you dropped an active to make room for your AGM's player. But yeah, we are all humans, mistakes happen, good luck because Blake is getting a shot at Miami twice in these coming games and for the storyline I think it's too good hahaha, gotta let him get a crack at the team that "dropped him for Jose Avacado" (even though that isn't really what happened)