Season 79 All draft class team !

KRZY

Well it’s theme week and I’ve been racking my brain all week and I’m taking it back to The S79 draft class . When I originally joined the VHL I signed up late in s77 and was entered in the S79 draft class. But I would only stick around for a few weeks ultimately earning a measly 50 TPA . Let’s take a trip down memory lane and take a look at some of the Standouts from that draft class and what the achieved in their Careers.

Forwards

AJ Williams @AJW

The 5th overall pick in the VHL draft this season AJ had a productive career in the VHL , AJ was a scoring winger who played for both the LA Stars and Seattle Bears. His career was ultimately cut short when he made the somewhat controversial decision to retire early . The highlight of his career was winning the S83 continental cup with Seattle . 

Jonathan Ori @ROOKIE745

Ori was a very solid player during his career in the VHL drafted 8th overall . He played for Helsinki , Seattle and DC . While he never won a championship or individual awards he was a valuable player on whatever team he played on. Ori’s Value can also been seen as he ranks 8th overall on the all time TPE leaderboards as well . 

Taylor Mourning @scoop

the prototypical power forward mourning was a hard working winger . Mourning’s impact on his teams was felt in many ways whether it was on the scoresheet or when he was winning battles . A member of the S79 championship Malmo team . He would also win the Dustin Funk Trophy in S81 as the most improved player in the VHL . Mourning would prove to always be a player his team could count on whatever the situation.

Baby Bob @Baby Boomer

Baby Bob had a very very productive VHL career finishing every season producing at a point per game clip . Bob Capped his VHL career off in S86 with his most productive season of his career with 117 points and 54 goals . Good enough to capture him the kevin brooks trophy that season. You always knew what you were getting with Bob and could always count on him to produce for whatever team he played for.

Defence

Jerome Reinhart @MexicanCow123
Reinhart was drafted 3rd overall and boy he didn’t disappoint one bit having a hall of fame career . His trophy case is packed full ! With the awards he’s won too long to list ! Reinhart made an impact from his very first season to his last . He continues to be an example of what a great offensive defenceman should be and in my opinion has set the bar in that category aswell .

Poopy Peepants @JardyB10

Yes I know Peepants was “cursed” during his career as jardy would say . But you can’t tak away from the solid career he would have . Providing stability and solid defence for whatever team he played for during his time in the VHL .

Erlantz Jokinen @jRuutu

Jokinen was a solid top defender throughout his career . The well travelled defenceman produced right up until his retirement. He would however only have one Founders cup to his name in S78 with the Yukon Rush . Regardless he proved to be a good valuable player wherever he played.

Goalies

Papa Emeritus @Beketov

Drafted 1st overall Papa was one of the best to ever do it , spending his whole career in Moscow . Papa was one of the best if not the best Goalie hands done in the VHL throughout his career he gave Moscow a chance to win every single night. He would win 2 Victory cups with Moscow as well as both the Aidan Shaw and Greg Clegane trophies in S84. Although he never got his name on a Continental cup his contributions will be felt for a long time . It’s hard not to picture him not ending up in the Hall of Fame one day.

there you have it folks there’s a look back at some of the standouts in what in my opinion is one of the strongest draft classes in recent memory. I’m please let me know if you agree or disagree with my picks and or if I missed anyone !

CHEERS FOLKS !

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, AJW said:

Nice write! But man our draft class was the worst of all time after the first round 😂 

Spoken like someone who came in post-S60 haha. Trust me, there were WAY worse than this.

I am honored to be mentioned on your list, Ori never quite reached the heights I hoped for him but still very happy with his career. Could dish out the apples while still netting about 20-25 goals. I look forward to returning soon with a new player.