S89 Seattle Bears Team Awards

Banackock

S89 Seattle Bears Season Awards

image.png.1c5d3a23ae8346ddc5f87e3e20271285.png

41 seasons behind me and I have never once done a "seasons award" during the off-season. We're putting in a lot of work to do whatever we can to make any and every experience possible improved. S89 was a very strong season in the regular season that seen us end the regular 72 with an 11 game winning streak and coming with in immediate striking distance for the Victory Cup when it looked far out of reach before the run. We ended up losing a very tough series to New York. Shouldn't have lost but we did. It happens. At the end of the day, reflecting, we had a very great team. I knew it then and I still think it now. We had a good group and it just couldn't click when it counted. Despite this, lots of success and I'm grateful and appreciative to have shared the journey of S89 with the group we had. Thank you to all of you! 

ALL PLAYERS (F,D,G)

REGULAR SEASON

Markus Strauss Award - Most Goals
Tavish DeGroot (45) @rory

Hulk Hogan Award - Most Assists

Randy Bobandy (71) @AJW

Felix Peters Award - Most Points Award

Tavish DeGroot (91) @rory

Gabriel McMVPAllister Award  - MVP Award

Tavish DeGroot @rory

James Lefevre Award - Most Penalty Minutes

Elias Lampi (134) @Pifferfish

Karsten Olsen Award - Most Hits

Yaroslav Bogatyrev (236) @Bojovnik

Heavyweight Belt - Most Fights

Hulk Hogan 2 (5) @Hogan

Matt Thompson Award - Most Shots Blocked

Rex Wolffe Gregor (155) @oilmandan

Timothy Brown Award - Most Game Winning Goals

Yaroslav Bogatyrev (9) @Bojovnik

Vyacheslav Smirnov Award - Top Rookie Award

N/A

PLAYOFFS

Rayz Funk Award - Top Playoff Performer

DMEN (D)

Mitch Higgins Award - Top Overall D-man
Scoish Velociraptor Maloish @youloser1337

Maxim Kovalchuk Award - Top Offensive D-man

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish @youloser1337

Patrice Reynaud Award - Top Defensive D-man

Rex Wolffe Gregor @oilmandan

⭐ BONUS ⭐

🐻‍❄️ Spirit Bear Award - @rory

The Spirit Bear award is chosen each off-season by the GM of the Bears. There could be a lot of reasons why a member might be chosen and each season an explanation will be given. It's a thank you. It's an appreciation of what you've done for Seattle or maybe through that the VHL. You're deserving! Maybe you've overcome something crazy in life or have kicked it up an extra notch in the VHL TPE earning department. It's a good award for good things that are good. So, what's the catch?

The winner picks a charity of their choosing (I'd like to know why IF you're comfortable with sharing) and I will donate $10! I know it isn't much, but it's something.. and I mean, think of if I would have started this in Season 49.

So, why @rory? Well, they were right when they said they were FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY during our exit press conference. Often, we do say our goodbyes to retiring or leaving players. Words were said, messages exchanged and all of that jazz, but no press conference question... Bana dropped the ball but here is the important message of the day... The ball can be picked back up. That's what we're doing here. Rory was a massive member to the Seattle locker room and displayed huge loyalty. Whether it was being shouted from the rooftops or in their own way, it worked and rubbed off on the team. Good energy, good times. They're a huge help to me in Seattle and I'm appreciative that we were able to look beyond our murky history/past, give each other a shot and it worked out. With that being said.. I asked Rory "What's a charity fund/organization that you would donate to if you could right now? and why?"

ScreenShot2023-08-18at12_10_51AM.thumb.png.c5f8b1ebf83245a1c347512c27b848ef.png

Rory, thank you for your efforts and the times during Season 89. I'm sorry you weren't sent off properly like I often do in the press conference! ;)#PressConfGate I hope this makes up for it and congratulations on being the first ever member of the Seattle Bears family to put their paw print on the Spirit Bear Award. You are very deserving. Thank you!! :sea:

ScreenShot2023-08-18at12_22_32AM.png.b68efeadd61e25cb70f8140471732514.pngIMG_3886.thumb.jpeg.20ce2dd739fb56f2ea06dac02037958b.jpeg

Edited by Banackock

• Banackock changed the title to S89 Seattle Bears Team Awards