Around the League

Scurvy

For this weeks around the league I am extremely hungover and just returned home from a trip to Dallas Texas to visit a buddy who hosted a bourbon tasting event at his amazing home.  And I am paying for it today so apologies if none of this makes sense. 

A lot has gone on this week I see as I bounce through the forum.  Someone was banned for plagiarism, Chicago keeps winning, Riga and London are tough, and there are some pretty amazing stats for only being a quarter way through the season. 

POWER PLAY SNIPER

I was surfing the stats in the VHL today and saw that Seattle dman, Rex Wolffe Gregor @oilmandan already has 10 power play goals in 24 games and 4 game winners already.  He’s already beat last year’s totals for PPG and is on a ridiculous pace to put some impressive point numbers up.  Rex’s career high is an impressive 20 goals and 67 points in S88 and I can see him easily blowing by that this season.  

TOUGH GUYS GETTING AFTER IT

Checking out the PIMS and fight number thus far is always a joy.  Leading in the PIM category is Womp Womp Womp Womp etc @AdamEsswith 86 PIMS for a struggling NY club.  I did not see him listed in the fights, so he has 2 or less to this point but playing a nasty game at 605 250lbs.

Familiar names like Phil Strasmore @PhilPhil with 77PIMs and Alfred Champagne @Anthique with 75PIM.  Daryl Dixon 75 and John Jameson @Frank 75 pim round out the top 5.

For fights here is the numbers:

Alfred Champagne  3 fights 1 win

John Jameson.          3 fights 1 win

Scotty Sundin.          3 fights 

Daryl Dixon.              3 fights

Jake Thunder.           2 fights 1 win

Jarmo Ruutu             2 fights

Phil Strasmore         2 fights

AK92 wit da hoodie 2 fights

Doug Britton             2 fights

Ivan Restoslav          2 fights

image.thumb.jpeg.83450b79c0b74713bd448762cb4226e9.jpeg

Good work fellas, Keep dropping them

RIP WHEELER UPDATE
Checking in on my buddy and world class sissy, Rip Wheeler. Smartly, the team had ole @ScottyPScott re-tool his TPE to better suit the team this year so I checked in on to see how it worked out.  Right now, at 23 games in the season he has matched his totals of last year with 12g 12a 24 points, ONLY 6 PIM, and 32 hits.  Whatever they did it seems to have paid off and Rip “the puck bag” Wheeler might actually live up to the “most improved player” prediction I voted for him on this season.  BUT…just when I think I can root for him I look at his TPE updates for the week and he was only done practice facility.  UGH Rip.  I will see you tomorrow at work and we can chat.

RECRUITING HOPEFULS!

So far, I have been pretty lucky recruiting a few players into the VHL ranks.  Most notably Jake Thunder and the above-mentioned Rip Wheeler. Now Rip Wheeler is no Jake Thunder but I also recruited a turd who stayed in M for three season and quit.  Can’t win them all.  

I am trying very hard to bring a couple new bodies in.  There excited and reluctant so wish me luck.