Around the League- Hall of Fame addition

Scurvy

Another week of off-season has passed, and I hope that everyone had a fun holiday season and are gearing up for New Year’s Eve tonight!  A few things have happened over the last week, to include some Hall of Fame news,  I recruited a new player (will he be like Thunder or more like Rip?), and some random stuff.

HALL OF FAME

This week, my former player, Brian Payne was honored with acceptance into the coveted VHL Hall of Fame along with legendary scorer, Ronan Lavelle. What a huge honor for me to have my first ever player named.  To grind week after week to earn TPE can be daunting sometimes but things like this make it all worth it. 

I truly enjoy my time here at the VHL and am happy I found this community.  There is no way that Payne would ever made it as far as he did without the encouragement and mentoring, I received along the way from teammates and GMs and AGMs, and yes, even from my nemesis and friend Jake Thunder @Thunder.  My rivalry with Thunder kept me going and my favorite box score to view was when I played against Davos to see if Thunder and I fought at all so I could talk shit. 

So, on behalf of Brian Payne a huge thank you to all who make this league possible and to those who helped me along the way with my dumb nooby questions, advice, and good-natured ribbing.   

NEW RECRUIT

I have had some ups and downs when it comes to recruitment.  Jake Thunder was my best recruit by far and a legend defenseman who even has a trophy named after him in the VHLE, Rip Wheeler @ScottyP who has been up and down but did just have a decent season in Calgary, and Emoney002 who languished in the VHLM for three seasons before popping smoke, never to be heard from again.

Now I know recruitment has been a hot topic lately, but I try to stay in my lane and recruit buddies I think will enjoy this league.  I was able to convince my buddy in Florida, a huge hockey fan in a State that has some hockey but not much and is hot enough to melt your face let alone an ice rink.  

Bleekus has yet to create a player as he is a bit lost in the forum still as many of us remember.  But hopefully today we can add another member to the league. 

So everyone, a huge welcome to @Bleekus.  Hopefully he makes us proud. 

UPCOMING EVENTS
The end of the off-season is upon us and there are some exciting things coming up.  Tomorrow, training camp begins so some good TPE, VHL awards, and on the 2nd we have the draft and the World Junior Hockey Championship where hopefully my player can win a Gold medal and get drafted to a fun team. 

I hope for the New Year we all can have a fun VHL experience and I wish everyone a safe and fun Happy New Year!!!  

Review:

First off I would like to congratulate you on Payne’s hall of fame career . When I read this media spot the passion for the VHL and the community is very clear and pops off the page. I also love how you talk about your recruits and levels of experience that each has had it a real treat to see you grade how their doing I love it .

Overall 10/10 media spot