Fonzi is back?

fonziGG

I can confirm that I am definitely not back at all. I'm still equally as lazy as I was with my last player and the player before. I'll be honest, I don't know why I can't get myself to write an article every week or get myself to stay active within the league. I'm still incredibly lazy. However, when I was in the league, I enjoyed every moment of it. Every moment I've spent in this league, I've enjoyed. I just know that writing an article every week is apparently impossible for me to do these days. So I decided to join back in the league but with a caveat. I know I will not be a perfect user and I know I'm not going to be a top prospect in my draft like I used to be. I'm happy being an option for a team, just a decent player who will likely welfare his way through his career but enjoy himself in the league again.

Some things that have been going on in my life... Well, I'm having a kid. Potentially in a month or so. I feel like this confirms that I'm an old head now and it's exactly why I won't be committing to a full career. I'm excited to enter this phase in my life in a way. I know it'll take me away from sim leagues for a bit but for some reason, I'm extremely excited by this. I probably wont be when the kid comes and I'm sleep-deprived however I'll have degen hours on Discord to look at :kekw:. No, this little one will not be joining the VHL in 13 years or so. Before degends get any crazy ideas.

I've been primarily an SBA user for the past little while considering they have a season pass option over there. It makes it a lot easier for me to participate in which is why you could find me over there versus over here. I know that sounds confusing but it's easier for me and the community is great over there. I hope to see some more members from over there join back over here but I know the SBA season pass isn't convertible to over here so you may not see much coming this way. Hopefully, we can see more SBA members pop over here and at least welfare. I genuinely believe the welfare system here benefits players as you can still have a great career just earning 10 TPE. I remember some great players in my time who had wonderful careers just welfaring.

GM's please, encourage your players to welfare if they cannot earn well. I may or may not make an article on some great players who welfared throughout their careers. There was one on DC and I can't recall his name ( @Enorama probably remembers as he was the GM). He was the one who turned my head to a great earning career with just welfaring. Sure theres a big difference but that player did everything but earn a big 6 TPE every week.

7 hours ago, fonziGG said:

I genuinely believe the welfare system here benefits players as you can still have a great career just earning 10 TPE. I remember some great players in my time who had wonderful careers just welfaring.

Preach, brother. My IRL nutsack of a brother Marcel has managed to win two consecutive Continental Cups in five VHL seasons as a stay at home defender with Welfare + PF and some career tasks and first gen stuff. Whereas HOFer Daniel only got one cup ring (and a lot of dust collectors) during his eight year VHL tenure. I am not bitter, you are ;)

Congrats man, good luck with everything in the next month or so! Happy to see you back in any capacity. I think it’s healthy to have level expectations with your player. No harm in having a depth player and still being around in the community.

As for the DC player, maybe thinking of Mikko Aaltonen? He was primarily welfare but earned like over 1000 TPE.. 

Yes, another one becoming a parent!  Congrats and good luck!  I joined a month before my daughter was born lol Take every chance you can to sleep.  I'm not a good napper and felt the need to do chores when baby was napping.  Screw chores, do only the essentials and sleep!

9 hours ago, fonziGG said:

There was one on DC and I can't recall his name ( @Enorama probably remembers as he was the GM). He was the one who turned my head to a great earning career with just welfaring

Mikko Aaltonen @GRZ

39 minutes ago, Triller said:

Yes, another one becoming a parent!  Congrats and good luck!  I joined a month before my daughter was born lol Take every chance you can to sleep.  I'm not a good napper and felt the need to do chores when baby was napping.  Screw chores, do only the essentials and sleep!

Luckily for me (and to the detriment of my wife) I learned to sleep under almost every condition in the army. Probably only Armageddon would wake me up.

5 hours ago, STZ said:

Congrats man, good luck with everything in the next month or so! Happy to see you back in any capacity. I think it’s healthy to have level expectations with your player. No harm in having a depth player and still being around in the community.

As for the DC player, maybe thinking of Mikko Aaltonen? He was primarily welfare but earned like over 1000 TPE.. 

5 hours ago, Triller said:

Truth. Thank you guys!

also I’m screwed right@Triller?

9 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

also I’m screwed right@Triller?

Nah, you good!  Ours is now 15 months old.  You automatically just start doing what you need to do and very quickly it feels like it was always that way.  Aside from the lack of sleep in the first while, it is fun!  There will be moments where you want to just toss yourself down a flight of stairs but you get past that quick every time you see that little human smile!

2 hours ago, Triller said:

There will be moments where you want to just toss yourself down a flight of stairs but you get past that quick every time you see that little human smile!

Sounds like it’ll be aladeen

51 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

Sounds like it’ll be aladeen

I have no idea what that means so I will go with "awesome." lol

20 hours ago, fonziGG said:

I can confirm that I am definitely not back at all. I'm still equally as lazy as I was with my last player and the player before. I'll be honest, I don't know why I can't get myself to write an article every week or get myself to stay active within the league. I'm still incredibly lazy. However, when I was in the league, I enjoyed every moment of it. Every moment I've spent in this league, I've enjoyed. I just know that writing an article every week is apparently impossible for me to do these days. So I decided to join back in the league but with a caveat. I know I will not be a perfect user and I know I'm not going to be a top prospect in my draft like I used to be. I'm happy being an option for a team, just a decent player who will likely welfare his way through his career but enjoy himself in the league again.

Some things that have been going on in my life... Well, I'm having a kid. Potentially in a month or so. I feel like this confirms that I'm an old head now and it's exactly why I won't be committing to a full career. I'm excited to enter this phase in my life in a way. I know it'll take me away from sim leagues for a bit but for some reason, I'm extremely excited by this. I probably wont be when the kid comes and I'm sleep-deprived however I'll have degen hours on Discord to look at :kekw:. No, this little one will not be joining the VHL in 13 years or so. Before degends get any crazy ideas.

I've been primarily an SBA user for the past little while considering they have a season pass option over there. It makes it a lot easier for me to participate in which is why you could find me over there versus over here. I know that sounds confusing but it's easier for me and the community is great over there. I hope to see some more members from over there join back over here but I know the SBA season pass isn't convertible to over here so you may not see much coming this way. Hopefully, we can see more SBA members pop over here and at least welfare. I genuinely believe the welfare system here benefits players as you can still have a great career just earning 10 TPE. I remember some great players in my time who had wonderful careers just welfaring.

GM's please, encourage your players to welfare if they cannot earn well. I may or may not make an article on some great players who welfared throughout their careers. There was one on DC and I can't recall his name ( @Enorama probably remembers as he was the GM). He was the one who turned my head to a great earning career with just welfaring. Sure theres a big difference but that player did everything but earn a big 6 TPE every week.

Miss u