What puppy is cuter?

What puppy is cuter?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We currently own a 6yr old Doberman named Zara. Most of y’all have seen her! We’re thinking about getting another. Min Pin would be silly because it’s basically a mini version of Zara! Dalmatians are sooo beautiful though. Which would you rather?

Min Pin Info

Dalmatian Info

Pictures of Zara 🥰😍

IMG_4940.thumb.jpeg.4f109acba9117a6199ca7eff2e2c0f0e.jpegIMG_4573.thumb.jpeg.2ad70166774e3b3a10953bbededbc483.jpegIMG_4941.thumb.jpeg.88cc662b09efddffbec6f56afbea3a7f.jpegIMG_0627.jpeg.21ae7916d8c19757a516dd9aa5c69ec9.jpegIMG_3744.thumb.jpeg.7215b5fdccfd782fed5b5e4bbb55413f.jpegIMG_0305.thumb.jpeg.71815ea1619576b88bf4a337fbc252a7.jpegIMG_0428.thumb.jpeg.4cdc8f9fd80c8283ff4c15e268a78d2d.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

8 minutes ago, RJMW said:

This needs to be a weekly discussion. Next week I will bring my dog to the showcase

VHL community is hopefully gonna help us pick the next pup to go along with Zara! WHATEVER they decide, YOU have to get :P

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, RJMW said:

This needs to be a weekly discussion. Next week I will bring my dog to the showcase

We should definitely hold a March madness style bracket for the most adorable VHL pup award.

a little off-topic but some trivia to the name 'Pinscher' (non-dog people can discontinue reading now as it is very dog specific). Min Pin's original proper name is 'Rehpinscher' (literal translation is 'deer pincher'). They are called that because they were bred as hunting dogs, chasing deer down and pinch them in the legs to bring the game to the ground. By the way Dobermann are also 'Pinscher' (and both were originally bred in Germany) and hence the 'Mini-me' look between Minpin and Dobermann.

Dobermann were used for hunting predators like fox, stoat and raven (this is a definition I took over from Wiki) and were quickly adopted into police service (and thereby earning the nickname 'Gendarmenhund').

Just for the lols I would go for a Minpin instead of Dalmatian (and because Dalmatians tend to have a plethora of genetic defects like deafness and kidneystones). But I will refrain from polling, as I am of the opinion the dog chooses its master and not vice versa. 

15 hours ago, Banackock said:

We currently own a 6yr old Doberman named Zara.

Love dobermans.  We currently have a 5 year old Doberman male and a female German Shepherd mutt.  I've owned 4 dobermans and they are the best family dogs ever. 

7 hours ago, Scurvy said:

Love dobermans.  We currently have a 5 year old Doberman male and a female German Shepherd mutt.  I've owned 4 dobermans and they are the best family dogs ever. 

Awe - I did NOT know this about you. I love this!! Zara is AMAZING. Incredibly loyal, strong and will be very protective, but to her humans she’s th sweetest, softest and best cuddle bug. Such an amazing, sweet and beautiful soul. I’m so lucky to have had her as my first real dog and Doberman.

Now Valentine, the boy we own, was a little firecracker when my partner and I were still together. When we split up, she ended up taking him. He was still a very sweet boy, but you could definitely tell he was a boy with lots of energy lol he certainly love to play almost 24/7 lol.

19 hours ago, Beketov said:

We should definitely hold a March madness style bracket for the most adorable VHL pup award.

I tried to do that once and just didn't finish it