Relocation please?

aimkin

To the dismay of many, the conversation around moving London to Scotland seems to have not caught any traction. We are unsure why as the idea is absolutely fool proof and would only benefit the VHL by reaching into an untapped market. It would also allow for some injection of new life and colors into the VHL. No one needs another red, white and blue team when a Scottish team could have beautiful oranges for their highland cow mascot-to-be.

“I’m disappointed that the conversation hasn’t gone anywhere,” said London goalie Jesse Teno. “It’s something I really believe would be good for everyone involved. I want everyone to know that once I retire, I will be putting my efforts into trying to bring hockey to Scotland.”

Who knows if the Board of Governors will ever take up the issue but we’re all hoping that they at least give the idea a go.

151 words for week ending 2/18/2024

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Honestly I would support London relocating or at least rebranding since London United doesn't really seem that unique. All it would take would just be a proposal from the GM to BOG with new names/locations.

@jacobcarson877 !!!!! Get on it my dude!  

Please Please Cat GIF by Guldhart

4 minutes ago, aimkin said:

@jacobcarson877 !!!!! Get on it my dude!  

Please Please Cat GIF by Guldhart

Should just note that a team in the UK makes a lot of sense, so just based off of national animals, england has lion (taken via Riga), Wales has dragon (taken via DC), So with that being said Scotland Unicorns?

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Should just note that a team in the UK makes a lot of sense, so just based off of national animals, england has lion (taken via Riga), Wales has dragon (taken via DC), So with that being said Scotland Unicorns?

I'd lean into Nessie tbh. Different enough from DC's dragon, could also introduce some greens that we don't have as much of at the VHL level.

I also donate canonically Edinburgh-born Hans Wingate as a VHL ambassador to this cause.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

1 hour ago, Alex said:

🌈