Bana Blabs #101 - Here's what I REALLY think about the Spirit of Competition

Banackock

Bana Blabs #101

101 dalmatians dog GIF

Another Blab brought to you by Talk-to-Text, an easier way to do this. Thanks, Siri. Despite your many, often simple errors. I appreciate you. You have made this easier and I wish I would have given you a try all those seasons ago! 

Severus Targaryen Player Page (Bana's Player)

Seattle Bears Team Page

Bears Discord - General. Come join the fun! That's what the VHL is all about :)

I haven't written a blab since December 22nd I don't believe. Between the Holidays at the time, driving 3 hours for my daily work commute and just so many other things going on, it's be a challenge I suppose. I'm also very fortunate to be part of the recruitment team right now and between my two jobs earn 8 TPE/week. That alone frees up time to manage my team, engage with everyone and do recruiting! Outside of the VHL, things have been going okay. We tried out a new dog the other week. He was a 2 year old Doberman. Came from a registered breeder that had a great background of breeding and showing (I second guess this now... not that she WASN'T good, but that she's old and should retire lol). We took him on a 2 week trial. The dog was dirty when we got them (black, dirty hands after petting), didn't know his name or basic commands our puppies learned in days at 11 weeks old. You could see in his eyes that he was a very sweet, soft boy that has had some struggles. He allegedly spent the first year of his life in Serbia and then the next year essentially as a shop dog. No true guidance, no true love and who the hell knows the conditions of what he went through in Serbia. First two days went great. We were really planning on keeping him. Then, I was running upstairs with both the dogs. Had a couple drinks and was enjoying my last day off. I hopped on the bed, laying on my back. Our girl, Zara, followed and right after popped up the 2 week trial dog. 80lb Male Doberman. He hopped on top of me as if our other two would and seemed playful. It quickly turned into something more and I was heading to the ER with blood dripping down my face and a need for stitches. Needless to say, the last month has been VERY... interesting I guess. With some of my busy challenges mentioned, lets get right into blabbing.

• An hour and 20 minute drive to work in the morning, then a work day, then an hour and 20 minute drive home. I do this at minimum, right now, 5 days a week until we find a suitable place to get closer. We were a rebuilding team, so we all know you don't pay attention or change up lines as much as you would if you were competing. However, I still did a bit. I wanted some wins and I wanted the team to be successful individually. Of course, as a rebuilder, I wanted a top pick. However, also as the most winningest GM of all time, I don't want my losses to pile up, record to go to shit or the ratio to unbalance itself. I wanted to do better than what we did. I tossed in lines to get a bunch of back up games out of the way. The way it works is you're allowed to do lines for 10 games. After that, the lines you had for the 10th game are what will carry over. Well, however many days later, I forgot and the back up played a shit ton. I reported it to Beketov when I noticed he was at 14 games. Bek said "Good to know; obviously it dies occasionally happen". I intended to change lines but that was the weekend we picked up the dog. Friday we picked him up after I was finished work. Saturday I worked and then got home. My partner took the cat to the vet. All was good. The following day, Monday the 12th, was when I became eligible for the Ultimate Doberman Fighting Championships. Needless to say, I was enjoying my days off and recouping from my heavy weight battle. Yes, stitches and blood, but I am 1-0-0 in the ring. 
  • Next, cue in the Spirit of Competition. Despite breaking rule 15.2 for the Keaton Louth, we automatically assumed it was on purpose tanking and without conversation or understanding, called it rule 15.3. I wasn't and am not upset over it. I broke the rules and got caught slacking. It happens, especially over 44 seasons. Some of the gallery came out, made their little comments but they've all made mistakes too. AT THE TIME, I found it silly that teams that ACTUALLY had admitted to tanking, had used strategies while rebuilding that completely removed offensive and defensive play, got nothing and I do understand why. Just because they used shitty strategies, how can you prove their intent? Playing your CPU back up goalie, who had some better attributes and 2 less overall than your inactive 400-500 starter, is more clear. I agree. At the end of the day, take the punishment. I do, however, disagree with those who say it should be more as if some horrible thing was committed. It's not as if I had 27 multis, used ai to write my articles for who knows how long (cheater cheaters, pumpkin eaters!) or called spartan an asshole (not shooting shots, just stating I made an oopsie). Nothing significant or no ill intent was there. Just a simple, small mistake. So why should the punishment not fit the crime? 
  • Outside of the Spirit of Competition, things are going great. Recruitment was and is going somewhat decent. We've added a lot of great members. Playoffs are going on and I've loved the outcome so far. Off-season is coming up and it has me VERY hungry to improve the Bears. We look to have a big draft, sniff around the trade market while hanging some fruit out there in terms of players and possibly S94 SEA or maybe even WAR 1st. Then, as always, Seattle looks to make some big plays in Free Agency. There's some decent ones once again and Seattle will be looking to make a massive push. We have great pieces, in every corner we need them. Now let's fluff around the edges and make some damn noise together. Outside of the VHL and into the Ultimate Doberman Fighting Championships, I hold the belt, I have a couple scars on me - mostly hand and ear area, that make me look like a small warrior (if you squint). I'm not looking for a next fight anytime soon and am looking to go the Connor McGregor route with the Lambo Yacht and what not. 

⭐ BONUS ⭐

Happy New Year Fun GIF by zcity

Every season I do the Spirit Bear award for the Seattle Bears team awards! It started in S89 and has happened every season since (S90, and S91). As you may have read, it's an award given to a member of the Bears (may be expanded later to include those in the LR), in which we recognize the efforts, time and everything else to which they've given the team, locker room and the VHL. Along with this award, I donate $10 in their name to a charity of their choice. Not only are was chasing and winning cups together, we're doing some good in the world using our positions in a sim hockey league. Seeing as we broke the S92 "spirit of competition" award, we're going to tack on an additional $1 for every game we over played our back up goalie this season..  Bringing the total to I believe $19. At the end of the day, it was an honest mistake despite what some very lovely people think. Might as well shine some good on it. I double dog dare you to do the same ;) 

claiming for weeks ending in feb 25 and march 3

9 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

That is TERRIBLE!!!  Audio books bro.  That would be the only way I could survive that 

Edmonton has a real good Audi station that actually makes me laugh most mornings! 

I’ve also been doing a podcast on starting your own Air BNB investment business etc. 

Its not that bad but I do feel exhausted most days from the drive and that’s added on top of my shit sleeps. Would be nice to gain almost 3 hours of free time back into my days too! 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Its not that bad but I do feel exhausted most days f

I bet.  At least you can be somewhat productive during the drive.. Hopefully they pay you well pal!!