VHL Recruitment "Update" S93 Off-season

Banackock

VHL Recruitment "Update" S93 Off-season

Hello. I hope you're all doing great. I/we in the recruitment team are going to try and make this somewhat of a regular thing. I really enjoyed when @Advantage would do it for the Board of Governors and figured with how important recruitment is, transparency can serve the community well. This is the second update for recruitment since I joined the team and my first as Recruitment Head. I appreciate the Blues giving me a shot in the role and hope I can bring some positivity/solid results with the help of an exceptional team. Some things have been happening, so let's catch you up on things.

• Recruitment Team is HIRING! With the stepping down of @Moon and @dlamb, I really believe we're bare bones in there right now. Might only be me and I could certainly use a strong team of amazing VHLers who have the same goal in mind of helping grow the league we all enjoy so much. If you have interest in becoming part of the Recruitment family, please head on over HERE and apply within.
  • TIKTOK! This project has been my baby since it's inception and it's been a lot of fun. My plan was to mass follow as many NHL gaming and NHL fans as I possibly could in order ot grow our online following. However, I've since branched out into a bunch of different areas. I'm still searching for hockey fans, but I'm becoming more specific in my hunt. For example, I've been targeting specific countries hockey fan pages or teams, or special hockey groups. I've really gone hard on the international hockey stage (Australia, Czech, Russia, etc) to help grow our international community so that the league can be more enjoyable for members who aren't from North America. We've recently started to diversify our content we're posting and have a few more ideas in store too. At the time of writing this, we currently have 983 followers! Down the road, we will come up with something to engage with them, but right now it's all about growing our online following and presence. 
  • Email to our fellow friends who have fallen to inactivity! I do remember discussions of this happening. With the recent shuffle of members within the team, I know we're going to wait on this. I can't remember the exact time frame that was discussed, but I'd imagine it would be coming in the somewhat near future. I think this move always has somewhat of a result on bringing members back! Sometimes we just need a reminder about this place and if we look around, quite a few of our older, forever members have come back!

Special:

I will be making up a google doc in the coming future that we will be using to engage with our TikTok community. It is my opinion that maybe some people just don't join because their demographic might not really be present. We accept all kinds over here, even Australians @BOOM and @Berocka. I want to do everything possible to see if we can get fans of hockey, community, gaming, life or whatever attracts you, me and them to the VHL. It's great that when we log in during North American day time that there's lots of people online, but imagine if the activity and member base was improved when it was that way for our international VHL family as well. I think that would be super cool! So just be on the lookout and please be honest if and when filling out the information.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AJW said:

If I wanted to make a TikTok one day for fun, what type of content are you looking to post?

Something similar that we got going on that’s league related. A couple ideas of what it could be about:

• Trades, Free Agency “Top 10”. When I envision this, I see shit from sports center etc. 

• Statstical breakdowns, updates etc. 

• Award winners or trophy chases during the regular season.

• Stuff aimed at recruitment. Neat graphics “Join today at the vhlforum.com”

• Advertisement for league events like theme week, playoffs, trade deadline, the Christmas charity, giveaways and more.

• I want to do a google sheet to see where all our members come from. Then toss that info into a tiktok to show our following and those who don’t that the VHL is made up of so many walks of earth. 
• MORE! Be unique, be fun. What would CATCH your eye? Think what the NHL does or other platforms you know of that advertise! 

Will these things have a HUGE impact? Maybe not, but 1% improve is better than 0% and once you have enough 1%, it will eventually hit 100% hopefully.

Recruitment and retention don’t fall just on our shows, despite it being one of our hires roles. Everyone can be and should be involved in some ways and there’s so many ways of doing it. Welcoming members when they join, mentoring and fostering them into a good locker room as a GM, being kind and engaging with them, recruiting on social platforms while following VHL recruitment guidelines like asking for permission first, helping us make videos and graphics. We all love this league. No one wants it to die out.. so be part of the solution. Don’t take much!

Look at how successful this last recruitment drive was. We added some very awesome people to our community that they can now say they’re part of. They’re the VHL family. I think a lot of this can be credited due to the retention and work of some members hopping on welcoming and aiding them right away. They joined and instantly felt part of something and they enjoy it now.   

Edited by Banackock