What are you doing today?

It's my only day off. I worked 9.5 hours yesterday (was supposed to be my day off) and was working 17 the day before. Today is my day of freedom. Yesterday we had the first backyard fire of the year and it was a great spirit booster. Today, just having some beers, hanging with the Seattle Bears family, prepping for my work week ahead, probably watching some gold Rush ;) and hustling on the VHL to make it a better place!

WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?

Home with a sick kid today so chilling.   Plan to work out and then veg the rest of the day.    Sun is out, a rarity in Washington State this time of year so plan to enjoy it a little

Out of work early. Lately I've been really bored sometimes and that's gotten to me in ways I don't like. So I'm planning to keep the rest of my day interesting by:

• Trying a new recipe for dinner (it's Greek night!)
  • Hitting the gym (which has been a very productive time suck lately)
  • Watching hockey (the Sabres are playing out west, so that means late games--I have a couple beers in the fridge for this!)

I did well enough staying busy over the weekend but always looking for new things to do when people aren't around to hang out. Preferably those involving getting out of the house so I'm not trapped here.

24 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Out of work early. Lately I've been really bored sometimes and that's gotten to me in ways I don't like. So I'm planning to keep the rest of my day interesting by:

• Trying a new recipe for dinner (it's Greek night!)
  • Hitting the gym (which has been a very productive time suck lately)
  • Watching hockey (the Sabres are playing out west, so that means late games--I have a couple beers in the fridge for this!)

I did well enough staying busy over the weekend but always looking for new things to do when people aren't around to hang out. Preferably those involving getting out of the house so I'm not trapped here.

Greek sounds good

incoming Swolestav

I picked you more of a Gin and Tonic man but I guess you are an engineer. Or is that just an Australian thing that all engineers are just massive beer drinkers

To answer Bana's question Son didn't sleep well last night so went into the office early big day of work then trying to get to gym tonight

31 minutes ago, Gustav said:

always looking for new things to do when people aren't around to hang out.

Sounds like you need to join us in 

49 minutes ago, Berocka said:

I picked you more of a Gin and Tonic man but I guess you are an engineer. Or is that just an Australian thing that all engineers are just massive beer drinkers

I love a good cocktail but I don't love the money I have to put into them. Beer goes a hell of a lot farther on the grad student budget.

I've never heard that as a stereotype. In my experience, most like it, some hate it, and some don't drink. Almost like we're normal people.

I've never had an actual alcohol problem but I've found that I've wanted to drink less since I started working out more and I like that. It's more just that I don't usually go "oh hey there's the beer fridge" at the store lately...and that's more than OK money-wise if not health-wise as well.

19 hours ago, KRZY said:

Slept all day getting ready to head into work for nightshift 4 of 8 tonight 

On the railroad, rarely work nights, but when we did we always had a great time until about 5-6 when the sun starts to pop up lol

School work time today, hopefully going out to the stores later. Wanted to walk there but its snowing pretty good so might turn into a bus ride. More homework tommorow then going to my first ever live wrestling show tommorow night. Also need schwarma like @AJW

On 3/18/2024 at 10:37 PM, Berocka said:

Or is that just an Australian thing that all engineers are just massive beer drinkers

I understood that the stereotype is that all Australians regardless of occupation love their stubbies ;)

47 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Had another interview with the same company this morning and I got the job! You are now talking to Jordan Security Guard at Vadium Security.

A friend was unjustly

image.png.d9229ecc372c03879f4311810fbd97a9.png

Just now, Enorama said:

A friend was unjustly

image.png.d9229ecc372c03879f4311810fbd97a9.png

Same company but not in Kamloops they've now got a small team in Kelowna! Only about 8 other officers but they are looking to heavily expand this year. 

Week 2 of trying not to hate my weekends is underway and I’m glad that I seem to be getting somewhere. I think I’ve been making the mistake of depending on the availability or interest of others to have fun and I’ve been doing my best to do nice things for myself independently of that. 

The past couple weeks I’ve hit the driving range for the first time since last summer and I’m glad to say that I haven’t completely lost it. My clubs are largely HORRIBLE and I’m missing a few, and I’ve also dug through their used bin and picked up a Cobra 6-iron (probably at least 10 years old, but a good brand!) for $10. 

I’ve also gotten over months of wondering if it’s weird and gotten up to visit a bar by myself. To answer my own question, yes, it’s weird (there’s no one here close to my age and they all know each other)—but I also don’t regret it. It’s nice to be in a space with people around and I get to watch my basketball bracket fall apart. 

Starting a new job on Tuesday. It's in finance, so I'm brushing up on my excel skills.  Made pancakes for my little dude and had the in-laws over. Was a chill day. Doing the laundry now and watching a show. Gonna ignore F1 and watch the re-run in 7 hours haha. 

2 hours ago, Gustav said:

I’ve also gotten over months of wondering if it’s weird and gotten up to visit a bar by myself. 

TBH, no, I don't think it's weird. In Europe - it wouldn't be even a question to consider. in NA, it's only weird if you make it weird. Otherwise, it's just fine. I'll join you if we are ever close enough!

Hung out with the dog and partner, went for a walk, did some emails, VHL recruitment, played a little zombies, watched an episode of Gold Rush and now making supper with my partner. 

Nice first day off! #2 tomorrow before I have to go to shitty Brandon, Manitoba this week. 🤢 

I am currently halfway into my work shift. I don't have classes on Mondays which is great so I just get money instead. I should be working on homework but instead, i am here. Later today Ill be making a nice trip to Aldis. Pretty boring day tbh.

53 minutes ago, samx said:

I am currently halfway into my work shift. I don't have classes on Mondays which is great so I just get money instead. I should be working on homework but instead, i am here. Later today Ill be making a nice trip to Aldis. Pretty boring day tbh.

WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE YOU HERE

16 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I've done some grocery shopping, league recruiting and tasks, drank a beer @AJW EYO and gona be gaming soon.

reminded me that I need to get groceries and have a beer