Great works of art

jRuutu

qlDZGvK.png

When we see a great work of art we are either amazed by what we see or we don't really understand what the big deal is.  What we see could inspire thoughts and feelings new to us, our perspectives may shift. But then some might say they can do similar work and even better! I am not a great artist, but I got a taste of what it feels like to be an unappreciated artist whose work is seen as something that can be created again and even worse - improved.

Anonymous artist released the following piece: https://imgur.com/p5FD4ZJ  (Sound on, sorry never mind, there is no sound)

Their work was met with harsh criticism as the piece was not seen worthy of TPE by the gatekeepers of VHL Art Gallery, a showroom where only the finest of works will be showcased.  The denial sparked a backlash from the anonymous artist who went on to say they have a "similar skill set" than I do and that the work they created was "inspired" by the piece I created. My work was seen as worthy to be presented in the showroom and I also received TPE for my work.

Here is the piece I created: https://imgur.com/a/TCQDtuY  (Sound on)

On the surface, both of the pieces look similar. Similar like Donald Trump of 2024 and Pamela Anderson of 1995 are running on the beach side by side, both wearing the classic red Baywatch swimsuit. Similar until you open your eyes and ears to see and hear what the two pieces have to say.  My piece is like an apple covered in chocolate, honey, and toffee. There are so many layers that you need multiple viewings to even get a whiff of them all. By the time you start to feel exhausted from trying to understand and process what you have just seen, all you can say is: "What the f'ck, I have only now reached the apple".  You get a sense of achievement from studying and consuming the piece I have created.  When you look at the piece created by the anonymous artist, you are left feeling weary. Similar to a long fart in a crowded bus. You are amazed you get to witness something like that in person, but at some point, you start to think: "When does it stop?".

When I look at the piece created by the anonymous artist, I feel proud and a little sad. Just like the music of Marvin Gaye has helped to bring who knows how many new lives into this world, my piece has inspired an anonymous artist to create something that we can all enjoy. That is something I did not expect would happen when I started to plan and draft the outlines of my piece. I am saddened because the anonymous artist is focused on TPE and the approval of the VHL gatekeepers over the fact they have themselves now brought new life into the art world.

In my opinion, the piece created by the anonymous artist should be given the TPE, but the TPE should not go to the anonymous artist. The TPE should be shared with everybody in VHL equally. If there are 2000 members in VHL, everybody should be given 0,001 TPE.

Edited by jRuutu

I agree theirs simply no comparison, one post actually contributes to the league and the other is a simple notification being clicked. Art is in the eye of the beholder (or in this case, @OrbitingDeath )!

But the music - oh the music! If only the other graphic was exported as a webm as well.