Aimkin’s Guide to Understanding VHL Veterans

Aimee

While the VHL Forums are crawling with guides and how-to’s, I have, since day one of joining, thought that the one guide we are missing here is a rundown of all the slang and acronyms that we use daily here both on the forums and in the discord server. So, I present to you:

Aimkin’s Guide to Understanding VHL Veterans

I won’t be covering the STHS attributes as, thankfully, the portal provides that information.

GM – General Manager; runs the team. They come and go but some just stay and lose final after final after final.

AGM – Assistant General Manager; helps run the team but usually just does press conferences. Or nothing at all.

BOG – Board of Governors. Things that go wrong are usually blamed on them. Justified? Sometimes.

PRESSERS – Short for Press Conference. Easy weekly 2 points if you just answer some questions.

THE E – Refers to the VHLE despite having the same number of letters.

THE M – Refers to the VHLM despite also having the same number of letters.

FA – Free Agent; a sports term used to describe a player who is not currently on a team or contracted to join a team. They are available to be added to a team.

S## - The letter S followed by numbers is how the VHL shows or talks about Seasons.

$$M – One or two numbers followed by an M is the price of a contract for a player (generally considered to be in US dollars).

TPE – Total Points Earned; these are the points that you receive for completing tasks and can be applied to attributes.

TPA – Total Points Applied; TPE becomes TPA after it has been applied to an attribute. When depreciation hits, TPA will begin to differ from TPE as the Applied number will decrease, but the Earned will always be the total.

MS – Short for Media Spot. This is a point task worth 6 points and is required to contain 500 words minimum.

IA – Inactive; used to describe a member/player who has not earned TPE in a few weeks.

BLUES/ COMMIES – Refers to members who are League Commissioners. Their names are Blue in the forums, hence the nickname. The other nickname is due to the perception that they are the overlords of the VHL along with the mods.

OA – Overall; refers to the position within a draft. (1OA = 1st overall drafted, and so on.)

CLICKER – Refers to a member who logs in to click the Practice Facility and Welfare/Pension buttons as their only interaction and earning within the league.

GMOTY – GM of the Year. It’s an award where the GMs get to pat each other on the back for whoever they believe did the best job of not being bad.

TDL – Trade Deadline. The day when trades among teams are officially over. Also signifies the day that retiring players can recreate.

BLAME COLE – This one has lost traction in the last few years but used to be a loving way to blame everything bad in the VHL on one member.

SPARTAN SUCKS – A loving gesture used in Moscow towards its resident GM. 💛

515 words for week ending 5/19/2024

3 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Missing rainbow flavoured unicorns and FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY

Well I didn't want to scare off the new people.

Just now, Spartan said:

Look at the emote name

Yes I know. I had debated. But since it *says* Spartan Sucks, I opted for that.

6 hours ago, aimkin said:

BOG – Board of Governors

Board of Gustav*

I talked to someone at one point who told me they were actually confused by that one. Honestly I just take it as a compliment that it seemed like it could have been a thing. 

34 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Board of Gustav*

I talked to someone at one point who told me they were actually confused by that one. Honestly I just take it as a compliment that it seemed like it could have been a thing. 

More like Bored of Gustav. 

7 hours ago, aimkin said:

SPARTAN SUCKS – A loving gesture used in Moscow towards its resident GM. 💛

"loving"