Naming and shaming people who have never won the cup (or nearly that long)

Victor

40 minutes ago, Victor said:

18 seasons and I missed you off?? That's my VHL.com for this week sorted.

I'm counting 24. Full careers for McWolf, Hornet, Colors.

23 hours ago, Beketov said:

Thank fuck for that DC win in S92 or I would have been heavy in that shame list having many finals appearances but no wins from 66 to 92.

Well, we still haven't paid off our Simmer, so invoice me the money so I can make the payment in total. 

Never won a Continental Cup either.  I have the S79 Founders Cup and S92 Renaissance Cup.

Lost in two finals, S79 Bears with Rose and S87 Phantoms with Fire.

18 hours ago, mattyIceman said:

Never won a Continental Cup either.  I have the S79 Founders Cup and S92 Renaissance Cup.

Lost in two finals, S79 Bears with Rose and S87 Phantoms with Fire.

S87 finals was CGY against DAV though

S85 LVA, S86 ROM, S89 VAN, S92 LDN, S93 LDN. Five finals appearances for me so far, but no cup. Do I deserve some shame?

On 6/4/2024 at 11:50 PM, Victor said:

@okochastar – 20 seasons (Guillaume Fontenette, S67-S72, Julian Nouisianen, S74-S80, Left Alone, S87-present)

Finals lost: 1 (S67 with Helsinki)

Rounding out the list of those on 2 decades or more with no championship, okochastar benefits slightly from not having a player for a while between Nouisiainen and Alone, but the clock has ticked over 20 seasons now. His 3 players have been on some good teams who just haven't clicked in the playoffs, with no finals appearances since his first player's rookie season. I feel less need to be as mean as I was to Josh and Gus but it might be time to throw loyalty to the wind and start glory-hunting my friend.

🔫

I probably missed some opportunities to be a premier player of Season 79 and 80. I can't say if at the time I thought the Chicago rosters were so bad that I made a mistake, but in hindsight the results in the post-season were disappointing.

• 3 weeks later...