Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

I JUST GOT UBISOFT END GAME ALPHA ACCESS!! IVE TRIED FOR 3 WEEKS AND I FINALLY GOT IT!!!

I got into Archage last weekend from the makers of Rift and Defiance the game.  Its a Korean made MMO that is supposed to be really open you build your own house, farm, and even castle.  Some areas are protected others arent I signed up because it interested me but after a little bit I probably won't play this game.  As far as what you said I dont even know what that is I just wanted to share recent beta success.

I got into Archage last weekend from the makers of Rift and Defiance the game.  Its a Korean made MMO that is supposed to be really open you build your own house, farm, and even castle.  Some areas are protected others arent I signed up because it interested me but after a little bit I probably won't play this game.  As far as what you said I dont even know what that is I just wanted to share recent beta success.

Ive heard Archage is pretty good.. Ive played both Rift and Defiance and enjoyed them both very much

My YouTube channel got its 7th subscriber today, over 500 total views, and I've made $0.31 cents in ad revenue so far I'm pretty much a millionaire.

DAMN! Getting that Youtube money, yo!

DAMN! Getting that Youtube money, yo!

I remember those times... It's cute. I still don't make much. :(

Anyways, NHL 15 plays well enough and looks great. The upgraded presentation is very much welcome. I'm still salty as hell about EASHL, but maybe I'll pick this up once the price comes down a bit.

There are no good Ea sports games anymore. Even though 2k sports was shitty it was competition that EA had to compete against and make themselves better. Without 2k they know they don't have to care. 

ncaa football is decent, fifa is also really good. But yeah the rest blow. Madden is awful and NHL is just a joke. 

NHL 2K10 is better then 14 was to me.

I'm gonna be playtesting Lords of the Fallen on Tuesday, its a Dark Souls kind of game which looks like it has a lot of promise. Do you guys know about this game as well or is it mainly a german thing for now?

It seems to be known to people who have followed it since its announcement, but for the most part its pretty quiet over here. Any attention for the Souls-like games that are coming out was stolen when an actual Souls successor (Bloodborne) was announced.

Edited by Sandro

It seems to be known to people who have followed it since its announcement, but for the most part its pretty quiet over here. Any attention for the Souls-like games that are coming out was stolen when an actual Souls successor (Bloodborne) was announced.

Yeah it seems to have been pretty quiet around the game so far outside of the german press pushing it a bit due to the local factor. A friend of mine is working for the developer and he invited some of us to come visit the studio and playtest the game for a bit, basically everone gets a full day with the game by himself :)

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

If they're at PAX this weekend I might try to check it out, but the games on the top of my list to line up for right now are Bloodborne, The Order 1886, and Dead Island 2.

James got me killed while I was playing Heroes and I got it on video its the first clip in the video below.  I alt tabbed to look at his player card and died.  The good news is maybe this video gets seen by some people and they randomly go to the VHL when they see it in the video.

Edited by Mike

I don't expect to join a YouTube network or anything like that anytime soon but I did stumble upon a website today that might be useful for anyone who does make videos, records, or streams anything.  This web-site called Any.tv (click the link to go to their site) will give you a link to the game you want to advertise for.  If anyone clicks on that link and joins the game you get paid for it.  I think the video game companies basically give them money to bring people to their games and in turn they give a portion to regular people who do that for them  :P .  Its basically like an affiliate network that can be used in addition to being part of an actual YouTube network.  Anway just wanted to share that feel free to ignore this post and move on I found it kind of neat-o.

If your going to get Destiny it screams as a game that'll suffer on previous gen consoles. PS4 or XONE should be what you get it on. I'm super pumped for it now that I'm working I can get a PS4 here soon and will just get the white Destiny bundle PS4. We'll see how far ranging the content in the game goes, but all signs point to Bungie making a very solid story driven console style MMO with great combat and some interesting lore. The big question mark for me right now is just how much interesting content and areas their are. The footage from the alpha and the beta was very limited in scope in terms of where you actually were. It appeared like you revisited the same areas again and again for various different quests. If it ends up being a bit more diverse, it could really run away with game of the year stuff this year. 

Otherwise it'll all be indy stuff I think that shines no my list this year. Not a lot of super great AAA games came out this year to be honest. More of the same with sequels, what looked like and interesting new entry into InFamous with First Light, Titanfall underwhelmed. A lot of re releases of stuff on last gen too, like Tomb Raider, Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs coming up, and even the recent Saints Row 4 announcement. 

I played the following games:

• The Order: 1886
  • Until Dawn
  • Far Cry 4
  • Dead Island 2
  • Bloodborne
  • Evolve
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • The Evil Within
  • Driveclub

Watched a couple of League games today (lol Curse) and just watched a few other games. Stay tuned to my channel for an insane amount of videos in the next week.