Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

If NHL 15 was on par with 14 for next gen I would buy it without hesitating. They stripped so much it's just a money grab with HUT now. Fucking pissed and it's the only game I play regularly.

Yea it's not the devs fault but Rammer takes the blame and it's his project so he need to be fired. They allocated resources to adding jersey fapping, real faces in the crowd, and real arenas over EASHL. That's bad management. Get the core of the game done first before you start putting on a layer of polish. Polish the shit that is NHL 15 as much as you want it's still gonna stink.

I fucking want Destiny, but I'm the only one in my friends that has the PS4 and I'm having huge problems buying PlaystationPlus. They wont take any fucking credit cards.

I feel someone else may have asked this question, but I'll do it anyway.

I have gamed exclusively on PC for over 4 years now. I am thinking of buying a new console and am unsure where I stand in the PS4 vs XBone battle. Overall, which system is looking like the eventual best option. I don't care about ability to play previous content as I'll be buying everything for the new system onwards.

• Commissioner

I feel someone else may have asked this question, but I'll do it anyway.

I have gamed exclusively on PC for over 4 years now. I am thinking of buying a new console and am unsure where I stand in the PS4 vs XBone battle. Overall, which system is looking like the eventual best option. I don't care about ability to play previous content as I'll be buying everything for the new system onwards.

PS4 has more power and is based more around games. XB1 has some cool features (voice stuff, TV control) but you need the extra cost of the kinect in order to use them.

I personally plan on getting the PS4. Not only have I been Sony since the beginning but also I don't see a reason to pay more for features I likely won't use without a cable box. Plus I like that the devs seem to almost universally prefer the PS4 which is definitely a good sign.

You're showing your youth. The PS4 is more powerful, equal in price or cheaper, and PS+ is a fantastic service. When it comes down to it you should be choosing based on exclusive titles and where your friends are at, but I'm amused by anyone who argues the Xbone is a better console than the PS4.

Early Destiny thoughts Sandro? I won't be picking up my PS4 bundle until Friday, and I'm pretty much already sold on it. The lack of reviews for it early on have provided for some great and interesting commentary. A lot of people seem to love the game play and structure/level up system but find the story/lore and some of the world to either be repetitive or dull. The thing is, games structured like an MMO don't traditionally get super great content/mission structure wise until later game, and all of the impressions right now are from earlier level stuff. 

Can a primary account pay for a sub account for PS+? My account is set at 17 years old and I can't buy PS+, and I don't want to wait 2 fucking weeks to turn 18 and buy PS+

Tomorrow I'll be getting my Destiny bundle PS4. Provided stock remains. EB, Best Buy and Amazon are all out of stock. Amazon says it'll have it back though, EB isn't apparently ordering anymore. A few of my local future shops have like 100 of them though so I should be okay.