Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

Well, NHL 15 Be a Pro is basically NHL 08 Be a Pro. They brought over that game mode as a basic like it was back 08 because they couldn't figure out how to get it in the game on next-gen right away. Same reason why there's no Season Mode, GM Connected, EASHL, Shootout Mode, etc etc etc in NHL 15 on next-gen.

Much of it is back for NHL 16, but there still won't be GM Connected, Shootout Mode and a couple of other things.

I know, it just threw me for a loop. Because I play for the same team in NHL 15 that I chose for 16, I was really confused when I returned to it and found a lot of stuff "missing". Basically, I had forgotten that I had played 16. :P

I know, it just threw me for a loop. Because I play for the same team in NHL 15 that I chose for 16, I was really confused when I returned to it and found a lot of stuff "missing". Basically, I had forgotten that I had played 16. :P

Basically why there was such a huge backlash for NHL 15. It's so bare it's ridiculous.

So I just picked up this game called "Elite: Dangerous" for Xbox One. Believe it's on PS4 as well, definitely on console.

It's basically a simulation MMO-style spaceship game with a 1:1 scale model of the Milky Way entirely available to explore. $30 on the Xbox store right now. Some of you people should pick it up and play with me.

Edit: I should add that it's incredibly difficult, there's no tutorial and it's basically a barely playable Alpha version of the game.

Edited by brooks.

A beta for 16 would be interesting indeed. I liked what I played, it seemed like a major upgrade from 15. Not really a difficult task, but it's still much more interesting to me than 15 is/was.

Just got a super fucking cool email that I'll say what I can about on the weekend if it all pans out.

What about?

And you can game share on ps4 too :3. Ps3 used to be 5 consoles

What about?

And you can game share on ps4 too :3. Ps3 used to be 5 consoles

Star Wars Battlefront.

And you can, but it's kind of a convoluted process in comparison to what the PS3 used to be.

Anybody play CSGO? I am considering buying it, I play COD (as most of you know) but am looking for something different. I have never played CPU games before so do you think it would be worth it?

Anybody play CSGO? I am considering buying it, I play COD (as most of you know) but am looking for something different. I have never played CPU games before so do you think it would be worth it?

Should have grabbed it in the Summer Sale for cheaper. Have you ever played any CS games? The original or Source? It's much of the same but looks a lot better with more customization.

For me, I bought CS: GO but only played for a few weeks before letting it go all together. Just can't get into it anymore.

Regarding EASHL, I have no idea what that email will be about. It says it comes tomorrow though.

Star Wars Battlefront.

And you can, but it's kind of a convoluted process in comparison to what the PS3 used to be.

Awesome! I loved the first two. 

And it's not really bad at all, it takes about two minutes to setup. :) And it is well worth it 

Awesome! I loved the first two. 

And it's not really bad at all, it takes about two minutes to setup. :) And it is well worth it 

It's not awful, but it's not as simple as making a new user and signing into your friend's account. Me and my buddy in Chicago spent most of 2009 splitting DLC buying duties. It was pretty awesome. The thing with sharing on PS4 is your friends can't play your games if you're signed in, unless you make their PS4 the primary console for your account.

Should have grabbed it in the Summer Sale for cheaper. Have you ever played any CS games? The original or Source? It's much of the same but looks a lot better with more customization.

For me, I bought CS: GO but only played for a few weeks before letting it go all together. Just can't get into it anymore.

Nope never played any CS ever before. 

Regarding EASHL, I have no idea what that email will be about. It says it comes tomorrow though.

One of the mods at /r/EA_NHL knows what it is and says it's pretty fucking cool. Confirmed you have to own NHL 15 on PS4/XB1 to make use of whatever they're doing.

BTW Brovy, CSGO is a PC game. CPU is just a part of the machine. Consoles have CPUs too.I'd recommend remembering the difference because someone's bound to hear that and chew you out for it.

Maybe that's my bias against much of the PC gaming community shining through though.

It's not awful, but it's not as simple as making a new user and signing into your friend's account. Me and my buddy in Chicago spent most of 2009 splitting DLC buying duties. It was pretty awesome. The thing with sharing on PS4 is your friends can't play your games if you're signed in, unless you make their PS4 the primary console for your account.

Well that's what your supposed to do! My account is primary on someone else's so I can still play the games when I'm online and they can download them off my account and use them on theirs. :P 

Well that's what your supposed to do! My account is primary on someone else's so I can still play the games when I'm online and they can download them off my account and use them on theirs. :P

Yeah, but then I can't be lazy and make my PS4 download new games from my phone! :P