2015 World Junior Championships

boubabi

Canadians being Canadians 

3-0 vs Slovakia, Fabri 2 goals already. Domi/Duclair are doing great

So they aren't going to medal again? Or? :P Or maybe they won't win gold like they haven't done in 5 years. It's good to see them get off on the right foot don't get me wrong, but nothing is won yet. As far as I'm concerned this group hasn't proved anything until they walk out with gold. 

It's the Slovaks.  Meh.

The real games don't start until later on.  USA is the team to beat as far as I am concerned.

USA had a tough one with the Finns, don't count us Germans out & always cheer for Denmark cause they are the underdogs!

I always love to see the underdog teams like Germany or Denmark play competitive games, but they stand zero chance of doing much other than perhaps a one-off upset game.  Still, it's fun to see them keep things close, or even win the odd game when they can.

I always love to see the underdog teams like Germany or Denmark play competitive games, but they stand zero chance of doing much other than perhaps a one-off upset game.  Still, it's fun to see them keep things close, or even win the odd game when they can.

True. Sadly the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver I had to sit at a table with 10 Canadian friends as Canada demolished Germany something like 8-2. Yes the Germans got 2 goals and at one point led I think.

However one thing you should know is that majority of the German teams players do play in North America. The best ones usual play in the WHL and the rest in Green Bay or Gambling State. Over the years many of them choose this route because the success rate of making the NHL or even AHL is much higher obviously than staying home. This year we got two guys to watch out for in Markus Eisenschmid (I wonder who scouted him) and Janik Moser (Ohio State University) who could do damage. Sadly our goaltending is not very good year after year because Kolzig isn't really involved. Reich could be a good one though.

This Canadian coach is frustrating. I get the team hasn't allowed a goal yet but he isn't allowing his offensive guys to get going by rotating line mates every 5 minutes. Guys can't build chemistry by the flick of a switch

Jake Virtanen should is looking great so far. For a guy like a lot of Canuck fans wanted someone else at that point of the draft, he sure is impressing. For myself, I liked the pick right away.

Thatcher Demko, another Canucks prospect is looking great for USA in net as well. I wish Cole Cassels made the team too, as he is playing awesome for his own team too.