Cracked laptop screen

eaglesfan036

So I've owned my laptop for either three or four years, I forget, and this is the second time it's cracked. Both times, I don't believe I did anything to provoke the cracking, as I have never slammed my laptop, sat on my laptop, dropped it down the stairs, etc. 

So I'm probably going to complain to Sony Vaio support tomorrow and see if they can do anything for me, but they probably won't

So does anyone know the cheapest way to get a laptop screen fixed?

P.S. I would not be able to figure out how to fix it myself if I bought the parts even with tutorial videos I suck at that stuff I could never even build the star wars lego toys so that's not an option :(

found what, a laptop screen? And did u attach it urself?

Well my dad knows how to do that kind stuff, but I guess if you have no clue then just go to a shop and they can order you one and put it on. But that will likely cost more.

Well my dad knows how to do that kind stuff, but I guess if you have no clue then just go to a shop and they can order you one and put it on. But that will likely cost more.

How did it take us this long to come to the 'go to Best Buy' solution lol

I can do basic electronic repairs like fixing circuit boards and replacing capacitors, so the replacement of a screen wouldn't be hard....but not much use a billion miles away from you.

You'd be surprised what you can do with a tutorial or step by step guide to the replacement of the screen.

I believe in you!

My sister cracked her screen because there was too much weight pressing against it. If it was in her backpack, books were against it. 4 options imo.

1. If you only use your laptop for home usage you can get a cheap monitor and plug it into the laptop.

2. I'm fairly certain you can actually buy computer screens second hand and you can manually replace it as long as it is the same model.

3. Take it to a repair shop and have them fix it for probably around $50 i'm guessing.

4. Cut losses and buy a new fairly cheaper laptop around ~$400. If you wait and keep looking you can grab ones on really good sales. Black Friday OP.