S41 Off-Season Schedule

Higgins

Oh, and everything is good for the season to start this very instant. However I'm just going to start 'er tomorrow pending our final update from my main man Velevra.

The rosters are all uploaded onto the index file, so anyone who wants to take a look at it and point out any errors can certainly do so.

Also note I'm only specifically talking about the rosters themselves. The attributes won't be up to date until after tomorrow's sim.

Wouldn't it be up to date before? Or do we need a first sim for Velvera to update the stats on? 

Well it goes a little something like this: <insert rundmc.wav>

- I send Velevra an updated league file (VHL42.sth) that has all the existing, but not attribute updated, players in it. I also upload the client file (VHL42.stc), and all other relevant files to the website for everyone's viewing and downloading pleasure. I go to bed.

- Velevra downloads the league file, and uses it to open the league, and update all the players manually. It sucks shit.

- Velevra then outputs a rating file (VHL42.str), and sends it to me. He proceeds to game on 10s and get all sorts of pussy for the remainder of the day.

- I log in at midnight for my daily simulation routine. I see receive and download Velevra's rating file (VHL42.str), and I open up STHS, upload the ratings file to get everybody's attributes up to date, and then I promptly sim. I output and upload game and updated versions of the aforementioned files, and then I go to bed.

- VHL membership wakes up the following morning to find the games. Views files, finds errors, shames me for being shitty at my job.

And that's the process! I'm too tired to know if I came off as grumpy or a smartass there. I didn't at all mean to. I just used your question as an opportunity to help everybody understand the whole process.

So basically to specifically answer your question, I sim when I get Velevra's file. I could technically upload his file, output the stats and rosters and whathaveyou, and hold off for a little while before simming to let everybody examine if there's any fuck-ups. But it's generally not super practical, or overly needed for that matter, unless you're gorlab.