WHAT COLOR IS THIS ?

boubabi

• Commissioner

When I first looked at it I saw White and Gold. Once I scrolled through the comments and then went back it was blue and black (well, brown but that seems like the lighting)

I'm guessing seeing the white BG of the skin made my eyes colour balance in a sense (the same way you tell a camera what colour white is by taking a picture of something pure white) so my eyes adjusted to see that it's not white at all but rather blue.

We put it to a poll with the colour correction guys at work and they all agreed that its likely Blue and Black. The issue arises from having no known tones to go off of. Usually pictures have skin tones, a light source, etc which can tell your eyes "hey, you should adjust in this way." For example, if someone was wearing the dress our eyes would naturally try to get her skin tone correct and that, in turn, would make the dress colour correct. However we have nothing to go on but the dress itself (even a light source) would have helped) so our eyes are dying to decide for themselves.

Jesus Christ not this again.

Yes it's black and blue, though admittedly I can sort of see how the black looks like gold in this picture. Our eyes are fucking weird, there's cool videos about it on YouTube. But for this particular case, my roommate read an explanation that I believe concluded that those who see it as gold and white have shitty vision in dim lighting.