Claimed:Ragret [Final 6/6]

Higgins

NO RAGRETS

James Faraday seemed to be delirious after the Game 7 loss to the Cologne Express tonight. The Helsinki Titans lost for the third straight year in the playoffs without making a single finals appearance with Faraday on the team. It probably wasn't the smartest idea for us to barge into the locker room only moments after the Titans left the ice, but we had to get the true reaction of the players. Most of the players just sat in their stalls with their heads down, without removing any gear. Naomi Young and Robert Gow were trying hard to stay composed as they knew their playing careers in the league were just cut short. Then there was Faraday who wasn't holding back and likely didn't see the camera crew enter the room.

WINGELS_672BLK_052913.jpg

Pictured: The exact moment when James Faraday became numb to losing in the playoffs today.

"F**k! The only reason I'm still here is because my agent convinced me this was the best place in the league. Bulls**t it is." Faraday then whipped off his elbow and shoulder pads and threw them violently towards the middle of the room. "I could have left long ago! God damn it I just signed another contract to stay on this pathetic team." By this time Faraday was out of his hockey gear and into his suit and was making a mad dash for the door, when he saw the reporter. "Hey! Here's a story for you, I'm contacting my lawyer to get this new contract I signed this morning voided." Faraday then flipped off the camera and slammed the door shut as he exited.

As Faraday alluded to, he signed a new one season contract worth 3.75 million dollars with the Helsinki Titans this morning before the Game 7 against Cologne. Faraday is clearly sick of losing in the playoffs with the Helsinki Titans. Before joining the Titans he spent two seasons in the VHLM where he won two Founder's Cups. Last off-season it was reported that Faraday was close to becoming a free agent as his entry level contract expired, but he came to terms with the Titans on a last minute one season contract. The season seemed to be going great for Faraday as he set new personal bests in goals, assists and points with the Titans. The playoffs were clearly another story as Faraday only managed to score 4 points in 7 games, a very disappointing performance for the regular season team points leader.

200.gif

What we imagine Faraday looked like after signing an extension with the Titans.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of this situation this off-season. Faraday will likely have to explain himself to his teammates at next years training camp if he's still on the roster. There have been rumours circulating over the past couple of weeks that James Faraday has been on the trade block all season. There have reportedly been strong talks between one North American team and the Helsinki Titans on a deal that would revolve around Faraday recently. Either way Faraday better get his head on straight before he shows up to play in Season 43.