Slaughter Expected to be Traded

sterling

It appears Tom Slaughter's career as a New York American may be over after a thrilling games seven loss to the Quebec City Muete in the North American Conference Semi-finals ealier this week. The quiet Slaughter has amassed well over 600 career points as an American in 488 games, also aiding the team to four Victory Cups and two Continental Cups. The centre would have surely broken a team record in points if he were to remain with the team over the final two seasons of his career.

"I'm happy with waht we accomplished here and you could tell this season we were near the end of the road. A few guys played their last games the other night and a few more of us are near the end of our careers. I reckon Miller wants to make this team younger over the off-season which is completely fair from a management standpoint. It's hard to compete for nearly 20 seasons in a row in this league. I'll be excited to be landing again in a new market if he happens to trade me in a few weeks," Slaughter said.

Of note, Slaughter re-signed with the Americans earlier in the season for two years with a full no-trade clause which means the star forward will be deciding if and where he is moved this off-season.