Your probable playoff MVP steps aside while on top.

diamond_ace

So I double checked with Draper just to be safe, and even if I recreate now, I can still buy player store for Brookside, update my purchases before depreciation (to stave it off somewhat), update the banked TPE after, and all of that.

With that said, Brookside has been a strange ride. I sucked early on (because what else is new, he's my player after all) and he will have the lowest final TPE of any of my three players (956 Intranquilo, 922 Marcellin, 908 Brookside unless there's something lingering out there that I forgot) but all have been in the 900s so I'm just fine with that. Plus, Brookside and Marcellin didn't go as long as Intranquilo, so on a per-season basis I'm still better than I was to start off. I plan to break 1000 with Hyvarinen, considering I'm doing Fjordscast, and I only occasionally do 590s now. A reasonably consistent 2 will always trump a sporadic 1.

Brookside was fun, I honestly don't know what everyone is talking about when they say goalie isn't fun, I had a just fine time with him. Certainly enjoyed Brookside more than Marcellin, although nothing will ever top Intranquilo. That's why Hyvarinen will be another defensive d, I enjoyed the position the most and basically want to make a better Intranquilo. Ideally, close to Scarlett, although I know that's blasphemy to some extent.

Job-wise, I noticed some speculation in my Fjordscast thread about not having a job, I have a job, and as long as the VHLM Mag exists, I will have a job. I feel like Leonidas at the gap in the cliffs of Thermopylae, trying to fight all the VHLM haters while drastically outnumbered. It will always be just as important to me as the VHL, if not more so since it's the place where people start getting into the league, and the beginning is always so crucial to convincing people to stay.

This has been Martin Brookside, signing off.

Are you saying that I don't have a shot at Playoff MVP. You're gonna make me cry :cry3:

If there was ever a player who only appeared in 4 games that would get Playoff MVP, you would be it - but you only appeared in 4 games. That pretty much disqualifies you.

• Admin

Unlucky with the early Calgary teams but you made up for that with an amazing S42 - joining some elite company if you get both MVPs. ;)

I feel you're due a Hall of Famer (maybe Brookside will still do it with another good season). Also, why is it called the Fjordcast?

Unlucky with the early Calgary teams but you made up for that with an amazing S42 - joining some elite company if you get both MVPs. ;)

I feel you're due a Hall of Famer (maybe Brookside will still do it with another good season). Also, why is it called the Fjordcast?

Monty Python reference. The Finland song is why I decided Hyvarinen was Finnish, and the skit about the dead parrot "pining for the fjords" crossed my mind when naming the podcast.