General Football Discussion

Victor

• 3 weeks later...

smh... 10 total shots for monaco...7!!!! on target... that's not great. Didn't see the match, just heard my dad yelling a lot and telling Gary Neville to "Shut the fuck up, you stupid cunt" over and over. 

But it did read the match report!

Edited by Phil

• Admin

It was glorious in its hilarity. Giroud and Welbeck were on top form by their standards. Oh the misses. Berbatov was the highlight and they were defending like gods. Coupled with Fiorentina's display against Spurs it's a true shame Premier League sides have absolutely no class when defending. It's just all panicky and certainly never forms part of building up play.

Also, Demba Ba strikes again.

Said the same damn thing.  You saw what kind of skill he has in terms of connecting with the ball when he tried to cross it in and he shanked the shit out of it. 

I think there were some obvious candidates to go ahead of him... Sterling and Alberto Moreno being two of them.

Also, taking Balotelli out was a mistake.  He is the only person who was able to hold the ball.

Really disappointing.

• Admin

Sturridge should have been replaced instead of Ballotelli. 

Emre was gassed by the end.

And fucking Lovren?

lol. Sturridge was replaced tbf. :P

oh and 48 hours we get to travel back to england and play Man City.

Nice scheduling FA - dicks.

Sunday game actually. I know because I'm set for a double-header where I'm hoping for a Liverpool and Chelsea win. Today's results both helped and hindered my dreams.

OH thank goodness. I just re-checked. It is on Sunday. I just remember checking last week and thought I saw saturday.

Sturridge was replaced but that was really only to bring on Lambert for the penalties. If Sturridge (who was the worse of the 2 strikers) had been taken off first, then maybe we would have kept Mario on and we wouldn't have to had Lovren take a penalty.

Fucking Lovren?

• 2 weeks later...

Jose's influence on the ref showing there.

There was connect on Costa in the box but the fucking wanker does flop down like a shot duck.

Oscar's reaction to that Ibr 'challenge' was disgraceful. --> Oscar was the only one who lunged in with a straight leg - Ibra pulled out. Fucking BS and it's ruined the match

Just goes to show that whining and complaining constantly actually works. smh

The European game is sadly ruined by it. Diego Costa ought to be fined for making this sport look more tarnished than it is. It's sad, but I can't call this "The Beautiful Game" when I see things like this.

WOW I jinxed them with my early bragpost

RIP Chelsea

:angry:  never jinx it gorlab

Now I just want some random team to win it. Leverkusen I guess, been in their stadium and I've always been semi-a fan of them well after Chelsea. Maybe Porto or Monaco.

I had to go hand in an essay after Chelsea went 1-0 up, now I'll be stuck in the library for ~3 hours.

DID THEY LOSE??

Well, boring park-the-bus soccer and complaining and chopping up the game really makes it tough to watch. Jose knows how to win but sadly, he forgets the primary purpose of fans watching the game:

to be entertained.