Claimed:MISSING: Hype for Season 44 Draft [Final 6/6]

Tagger

please-be-excited-square-enix.jpg

If you won't get excited, then I'm gonna have to start goalie sacking defenseman.

We’re about eight weeks away from the start of the Season 44 VHL Entry Draft, however you’d be hard pressed to find many people outside of the GMs and the players involved in the draft with any interest in it, and with good reason. With the deadline passed for players to start declaring for the Season 45 VHL Entry Draft, it looks likely that there will be only 19 available players in the Season 44 VHL Entry Draft, the lowest total number of declarations for a draft in league history. In addition, this will be likely be the first draft in the history of the VHL to only go two rounds, so those who were concerned about the number of prospects declaring for the draft heading into this season had every right to be. This article will be analysing why there is so little hype behind this draft and why so few players have decided to enter this draft.

Reincarnation-2.jpg

Bing says this is Reincarnation. The internet scares me sometimes.

Weak Recreate Class

Considering that five players from the Season 35 Draft Class exceeded over 700 TPE, remained active over the course of their career and had the maximum allowed eight season career before retiring in Season 42, you would have expected the majority of them to enter the Season 44 VHL Draft. However, with Jamie electing to re-enter the VHL as quickly as possible and Smarch, Victor and Jardy electing to skip a season, I will be the only agent from that Season 35 VHL Draft representing a player in the Season 44 VHL Draft. In addition, Edwin Reencarnacion is the only player with recreation TPE benefits to have declared their entry for the Season 44 VHL Draft at the earliest point possible, the Season 42 trade deadline, which has led to a situation where Reencarnacion has a ridiculous lead of over 100 TPE on his nearest competitor. In total, there are four players benefitting from recreate TPE who are entering the Season 44 Draft, which is considerably lower than other drafts where we usually have about six players in a draft using recreate TPE. In fact the Season 45 Draft has already had more players create using recreate TPE than the Season 44 Draft despite being open for only a couple of days. Some people may point to the number of general managers who are recreating for Season 44 as a reason for this low figure, however this isn’t really the case as many of these players likely wouldn’t have recreated for this draft had they not been general managers.

reddit-alien-psd47059.png

Reddit guy tripping balls. One of the many reasons for the low turnout.

Low Recruiting Numbers

Out of the 19 players who have declared for the Season 44 Draft, ten of them are players who have had zero prior VHL experience. This is a very low figure in comparison to recent seasons (the last four drafts have had double or triple the amount of new members) and is the lowest amount of new members we’ve brought in for a draft since the Season 36 Draft, which had the excuse of being the first draft we had after the relocation to the current forum. It seems like this low figure was the likely reasoning behind the giant rebuild in the recruitment crew, which saw a new recruitment head hired along with six members hired to take charge of social media recruitment. While these measures were probably brought in too late to attract players in time for the Season 44 Draft, we can only hope that they can be used to help us generate a much bigger class for the Season 45 Draft. 

YEAH WE NEED HYPE!

I think those fuckers from the Season 45 class stole it!

Don't worry though, I'll get it back. I know a thing or two about dealing with goalies.

Content: 3/3 - Definitely sucks for such a smaller draft class. The SHL had some big recruitment thing recently and got a bunch of guys from Reddit and other places. VHL should try something as well.

Grammar: 2/2 - No bad grammar to spot.

Appearance: 1/1 - Good stuff. Ha, the Square Enix guy.

Overall: 6/6