Claimed:Koponen Sucks LOL [Final 6/6]

Will

• Senior Admin

Koponen: Much Good Guy

qLXReQs.png

Since joining the VHLM through waivers a few weeks ago, Finnish centerman Aleksi Koponen has made a name for himself around the league as one of the most promising up and coming players. As we near the expected date of the VHLM Dispersal Draft, there is much conversation and speculation about the highly touted Helsinki native. 

Claimed from waivers by the Ottawa Lynx, Koponen spent a brief regular season stint with them before moving on to their highly anticipated playoff run for the Founder's Cup. The Lynx breezed by the Saskatoon Wild in four straight games in the Quarter-Finals, but ultimately fell ill to the strong Brampton Blades in the Semi-Finals. The Blades would go on to lose narrowly in the finals to the Bern Royals. 

UF6LlPC.png

Despite the relative shortness of his stay with Ottawa, Koponen impressed many and is sure to be one of the top prizes of the S44 Dispersal Draft. What makes him even more attractive, perhaps, is that he belongs to the same agency as former Helsinki defenseman Don Draper, who just announced his exit from the league a few short weeks ago. By all accounts, Koponen appears to be in line to be their next flagship player. Hailing from Helsinki and being from the same agency who has a controlling ownership of the Helsinki Titans organization, Koponen will most likely circumvent the VHL Entry Draft and go straight to the Helsinki roster.

The Yukon Rush and the Oslo Storm hold the first picks of the Dispersal Draft, respectively. Depending on positional need, Koponen could in fact be one of those picks. However, there is a long list of star goalies also lining up to be drafted so they could, understandably, be seen as higher priority than a centerman. Regardless of where he goes, Koponen had this to say about the true beginning of his VHLM career:

"I'm very excited to be taking part in the S44 Dispersal Draft. Playing for a team that picks you up on waivers is great but it's a strange feeling when you know you'll be leaving so soon. I look forward to playing my best for whoever drafts me. I say this though: Greg Clegane is a barbaric moron and should be avoided at all costs."

Aleksi hasn't spent a whole lot of time dealing with the media yet, but so far he seems like a real class act. With Helsinki set to take in a good haul at the S44 VHL Entry Draft, and even bigger haul at the S45 Entry Draft, the tables are set for Koponen to join the team just in time to start what will hopefully be a great squad of Titans. However, only time will tell.

qLXReQs.png

Edited by Frank

Content: 3/3 - Koponen will be a beast! Helsinki is going to be so good in a few seasons with your S44 picks, Koponen and your S45 picks! Also you went first overall so obviously your great ;)

Grammar: 2/2 - Caught Nothing.

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks nice.

Overall: 6/6