2015 Free Agency

boubabi

Hamilton didn't want to stay in Boston, that was actually well documented.

Signing Beleskey isn't a bad thing, he can always deal him to another team later on because of his cap hit. The years on it aren't a big deal, it's easier to find trading partners with longer contracts than it is with high salary contracts.

Picked up Justin Williams at a good price. Happy with that move on our part. I'm just hoping we can keep Joel Ward and the rumors of him going to MTL aren't true. :P

Edited by Mr. Power

we don't want him...or at least, I do not. 

Eh, been able to push close to 20 goals a season as a third liner. Plus he's solid in the playoffs. His ability to hunt the puck on the forecheck and his solid defensive work I'd easily call him one of the better third liners in the game tbh. I can see why he gets interest, but he was willing to take a hometown discount to stay with the Caps however he wants 4 years and we only offered 2. I'd rather get a good top end third line player cheaper than usual for cap reasons. :P 

Eh, been able to push close to 20 goals a season as a third liner. Plus he's solid in the playoffs. His ability to hunt the puck on the forecheck and his solid defensive work I'd easily call him one of the better third liners in the game tbh. I can see why he gets interest, but he was willing to take a hometown discount to stay with the Caps however he wants 4 years and we only offered 2. I'd rather get a good top end third line player cheaper than usual for cap reasons. :P

With Kassian added to the team, there's no more place for a bottom 6 RW since we already have 3 of them. Weise Smith Pelley and Kassian.

Who was to do an over/under prediction on when Stoll signs with a team?

Only when Cocaine will be legal in Canada. We could create an all star team with Letang Stoll Richards and Malone

I dont understand Bostons GM, like seriously he traded a young 22 year old for some picks.

With those picks are you not looking for a guy like Hamilton? Seriously they could of just signed him to long term and then rebuilt around him. Or not even rebuild, just trading lucic would of not been a bad move. 

Hamilton didn't want to be in Boston.

Sweeney said it and Hamilton essentially confirmed it on a radio call (no commented the same question 3 times).

I was praying Sweeney wasn't planning on re-signing Lucic and he got a fantastic return…2 1sts and 2 prospects…A+

Hayes for Smith and Savard…love that

Not a fan of Beleskey, but 3.8mil isn't that bad of a cap hit…I'd rather have him at that then Lucic at 6+mil (lol) or Smith at 3.425.

less term would have been nice, but oh well.

Still hoping we sign Oduya tho…we have the cap space now to make it happen

The only move i have hated from Sweeney so far is the McQuaid re-signing, given he didn't have much of a choice with Hamilton.

Edited by Midas Whale

Lmao Stolls drug chargers were dropped to like misdemeanors or whatever there called. Has 0 effect on his play and where he can sign. He is still a very very good third line center, hes gonna go to a team that is in the hunt for a cup. I could see him fitting on a team like San Jose. I think someone also said he would be willing to sign for cheap just to head back to LA.

Hell be a good player under Hartley in my opinion. Good 6th or 7th forward on most teams and skates very well

IIRC he was a badass PK forward too.  Tough to see him leave CHI.