2015 Free Agency

boubabi

That is it for Marty St Louis. Kinda saw this coming, he had slowed down every since being traded from Tampa. Felt like the whole debacle about being shafted from Team Canada by Yzerman only to be added after injuries only to request trade soured his motivation on the game. Playoffs this year he looked haggard and ready to call it a career.

Man shit like this just bewilders me though. As in, how in the hell can Jagr do what he does? Like seriously. St Louis is the prime example of a top end player yet he only just turned 40 and is ready to call it quits. Jagr still produces pretty consistently and he's 43. Bloody insane. 

That is it for Marty St Louis. Kinda saw this coming, he had slowed down every since being traded from Tampa. Felt like the whole debacle about being shafted from Team Canada by Yzerman only to be added after injuries only to request trade soured his motivation on the game. Playoffs this year he looked haggard and ready to call it a career.

Man shit like this just bewilders me though. As in, how in the hell can Jagr do what he does? Like seriously. St Louis is the prime example of a top end player yet he only just turned 40 and is ready to call it quits. Jagr still produces pretty consistently and he's 43. Bloody insane. 

Jagr hasnt been injured like St Louis has and Jagr doesnt play nearly as fast as St Louis. So I guess Jagr just doesnt get as tired as St Louis has.

Anisimov certainly an upgrade on the second line.

Not really. Don't overrate him like you did with Chris Stewart. Anisimov isn't even a .25 PPG. If that's in your top 6 and is an upgrade, the guy before that must have really sucked. That guy is Saad and he didn't suck.

Jagr hasnt been injured like St Louis has and Jagr doesnt play nearly as fast as St Louis. So I guess Jagr just doesnt get as tired as St Louis has.

That somewhat contradicts itself. St. Louis plays faster than Jagr. It has more to do with body frame and their ability to shield themselves from contact. If Marty gets hit he feels it because of the height he skates at. Jar is higher up and takes less abuse to the upper body.

• Admin

Maybe 3 years in the wilderness that is the KHL helped?

Wow big trade for the Caps, acquiring Oshie for Brouwer a prospect (?) and a pick. Caps gonna be a scary team next season offensively with guys like Burakovksy and Kuznetsov growing.

I'm happy with the move. Brouwer is actually a pretty good player tbh. But Oshie will probably be playing with Ovie/Backy and Williams will probably play second line with Kuzy/Burra. So we keep our playoff scoring and secondary scoring depth and get someone to play with that top line. 

Good simple off season for us thus far. 

Brouwer is a great man, and I am very surprised to see how much success he's had in the NHL. Watching him as 20 year old scoring 49 goals, I never imagined it

Edited by Smarch

It is a good trade. Not to be that guy but Troy is a family friend so I sent him a text, seemed pretty excited to head our West again.

Oshie to me never really lived up to the expectations that many had for him. 50-60 point player that many worked him up to be a 80 point player.

It is a good trade. Not to be that guy but Troy is a family friend so I sent him a text, seemed pretty excited to head our West again.

Oshie to me never really lived up to the expectations that many had for him. 50-60 point player that many worked him up to be a 80 point player.

Yeah Oshie apparently has issues with playoff scoring too according to the few Blues fans I talked to. I'm confident that some of the issues for Oshie is that on St Louis he is a very notable point producer, and given their forward structure he probably draws a lot of defensive responsibility. Tarasenko is quite good don't get me wrong, but it never looked like other teams needed to really double team many of the forward core and amp up the pressure. Thus when playoff time came around and it gets much tighter, it was harder for Oshie to produce. 

The speculation right now is Oshie is going to play with Ovechkin and Backstrom. Oshie is going to have a lot more space playing with the best goal scorer in the game and one of the top playmakers in the game. Teams simply can't afford not to cover Backstrom or Ovie has higher priority, it's just that simple. Having someone who knows how to finish get more open space on our top line? Yes please. :P 

In regards for Brouwer, that is actually cool to her. I love Brouwer. Him, Ward, Beagle, some of my fav Capitals the last few seasons. I really hate giving up Brouwer as he's a great leader, a physical presence, and can be counted on for a good 20 goals a season. But Williams kind of puts us in a position where Brouwer can be let go so. I hope he does well in St Louis!