VHL This Week Trivia Week 3 Answers + Claim List

Victor

• Admin

No one actually picked #1 (i.e. questions 1 and 2) giving me the opportunity to re-use those two questions in the future. So here are the answers to the other six:

3. Name the only player to win four gold medals at the World Cup.

ANSWER: Kristian Carlsson during Sweden/Scandinavia's great gold medal run in the 20s

I literally made a spreadsheet about 3 days before this: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/22461-world-cup-medals/

4. Which number has been retired by the most franchises? Credit to gorlab

ANSWER: #14 was retired by Davos (David Smalling), New York (David Night), Toronto (David Henman), and Riga (Chris Julien). Bit of a trend there.

#10 was also retired four times but only by three franchises as New York retired it twice. That caught a few people out.

Retired numbers are located in VHL Franchise History section of the Hall of Fame.

5. Name 5 Hall of Famers who never won a Continental Cup. Credit to Mr. Power

ANSWER: Various combinations. Some great players failed to win the big one and they are all listed below.

Petr Shirokov, Maxim Desny, David Night, David Henman, Tarik Saeijs, Jukka Hakkinen, Benjamin Glover, Daniel Braxton, Ansgar Snijider, Kameron Taylor.

6. Who holds the single season record for hits? Credit to Phil

ANSWER: Tukka Reikkinen with 430 back in Season 30.

He beat Smalling's record from S27 who had beaten Leeroy Jenkins' from S26. What a time to be alive. http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/257-hits-in-one-regular-season/

7. What was the last pre-expansion/"original eight" franchise to win its first championship? Credit to Green

ANSWER: The New York Americans had to move from Hamilton before finally getting their first cup in Season 14. They only got their second after expansion.

8. How many times has the Founder's Cup been won by a team which has since relocated/been contracted?

ANSWER: Twelve. From ancient gems like the Toledo Scorpions and Gothenburg Eagles to the recently perished Kolari Panthers and Minot Gladiators, the VHLM has seen many good teams disappear.

EVERYONE BELOW CAN CLAIM 1 CAPPED TPE

YEAH!

Tylar

DollarAndADream

Ahma

Hybrid

CowboyinAmerica

hedgehog337

Higgins

Velevra

jRuutu

Draper

Alucard

Phil

Beketov

Kylrad

sterling

StevenStamkos91

Smarch

Escabar

Jamie

Munk

Special thanks to the below members for their questions, they can claim 1 uncapped TPE

gorlab

Mr. Power

Phil

Green

Trivia will return on Friday.

Meanwhile, here's the S44 leaderboard after 3 weeks:

Season leaderboard

YEAH! - 6

Tylar - 6

DollarAndADream - 6

Ahma - 6

Hybrid - 6

CowboyinAmerica - 6

Higgins - 6

Velevra - 6

Draper - 6

Phil - 6

Beketov - 6

Kylrad - 6

sterling - 6

Smarch - 6

Jamie - 6

Munk - 5

Streetlight - 4

Green - 4

jRuutu - 4

Alucard - 4

muffins - 3

Mr. Power - 3

Escabar - 3

Kendrick - 2

Brovy - 2

NUCK - 2

STZ - 2

gorlab - 2

diamond_ace - 2

JardyB10 - 2

mpclardy - 4

Molholt - 2

StevenStamkos91 - 2

der meister - 1

LeafsNation - 1

boom - 1

• Commissioner

In case anyone is curious about the retired numbers of the league, I made a list of them on my phone while trying to answer the question so here's the full list of numbers that have been retired in the VHL. Numbers in brackets indicate multiples.

5 (2)

31 (3)

8 (3)

94 (2)

9 (2)

92 (2)

17 (3)

91 (2)

41 (2)

49 (2)

7 (2)

24 (2)

13 (3)

10 (4)

14 (4)

32 (2)

51 (2)

Also, shame on NY. Having people play with retired numbers happens all the time because people don't notice. However retiring the same number twice just should not happen.

In case anyone is curious about the retired numbers of the league, I made a list of them on my phone while trying to answer the question so here's the full list of numbers that have been retired in the VHL. Numbers in brackets indicate multiples.

5 (2)

7 (2)

8 (3)

9 (2)

10 (4)

13 (3)

14 (4)

17 (3)

24 (2)

31 (3)

32 (2)

41 (2)

49 (2)

51 (2)

91 (2)

92 (2)

94 (2)

Also, shame on NY. Having people play with retired numbers happens all the time because people don't notice. However retiring the same number twice just should not happen.

Ordered it for convenience.

It was retired at the same time for both players. They were both Brandon's players so that's why I did it how I did it.

tf vicky, I answered the questions correctly.

Even ask Streetlight, he told me the answers, I didnt get them from the thread THAT'S REAL SHIT.

Edited by gorlab

tf vicky, I answered the questions correctly.

Even ask Streetlight, he told me the answers, I didnt get them from the thread THAT'S REAL SHIT.

I sent my answers in late as well. I didn't even realize there was already a thread up but it wasn't until you asked me that I realized I hadn't actually sent them in.