Claimed:Brampton announces Successor to GM Terence Fong [Final 6/6]

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Brampton announces Successor to GM Terence Fong

www.VHLHockeyNews.com

Opening-Longines-Taiyuan-Wangfujing-Chin

The Brampton Blades organization is pleased to announce that manager Kel has agreed to terms with ownership and will be joining the Brampton Blades as the general manager. GM Terence Fong will be stepping back into a consultative role over the course of the next few seasons and will gradually transition the responsibilities over to Kel during that time frame. We are excited to have Kel join our front office staff and thank Terence Fong for his contributions to the organization over the last few years. In his years here, Terence Fong brought a championship to Brampton as well as consistent appearances in the post-season.

Duchene.jpg

“I want to thank the Brampton organization for the opportunity they have given me to lead and manage the team through these 6 seasons. I’m pleased that the ownership has been very patient and accepting of my long term goals and strategies as well. Going into next season I will be reducing my capacity as general manager not because I want to leave the franchise, but I believe that someone else deserves the opportunity to lead the franchise into its next era. I will however be leaving my successor Kel with a few more assets than my predecessor left me of course. Looking back to where I started with the franchise, I am quite pleased with the work I’ve done with the team. Over the course of my tenure, the team has never missed the playoffs. A hard feat given the cyclical nature of the VHL and especially with the VHLM since the ruling of players rights to 4 years. I’ve always moved the team forward with the vision in mind to make Brampton a place where people would enjoy playing and having a good VHLM experience. Whether that comes from winning a championship or the trips to the finals or even just putting up personal statistics so they can achieve the maximum league bonus payments. The goal is to help develop and produce future VHLers and I’m proud of our many Brampton alumni that are in the VHL or soon to be joining their ranks. I also wanted to prove to other GMs that one doesn’t need to tank to win this league, that the cyclical nature of the league can be beaten, if you choose to do so. I will continue to be with the organization to consult for senior management but mainly I will be looking to pass off my knowledge to Kel whom I believe will make a great candidate as the next general manager for Brampton. The main reason we chose to go with Kel was that he shared a philosophy very similar to mine and he is looking to continue building those same foundations for the team that I have had for the last little while.” – Statement from GM Terence Fong

grid-cell-15650-1376580637-27.jpg

Since the arrival of Fong, Brampton has won 289 games out of 432, and a 66.9% win rate over the course of 6 seasons. A championship title won in S42 and a finals appearance in S43. The biggest achievement of course is Brampton never missing the playoffs during the 6 seasons that Fong was in control of the team. The typical boom or bust factor usually takes it toll on VHLM teams by putting them in 2 year cycle periods. Even one of the highest winning franchise like Yukon have previously been unable to buck the trend, lasting at times up two 4 seasons before missing the playoffs. In speaking with prospect candidate Kel, he hopes to continue that trend, extending the now historic streak for hopefully more seasons to come. Management has already indicated they are looking to Kel to continue the successful development of prospects and winning tradition in Brampton, the caveat being that Fong could always step back into the position should Kel falter. That being said, the Brampton organization is looking to Kel for future success and is not expected to have to bring Fong back anytime soon.

Edited by tfong

Content: 3/3 Congrats to Kel first and foremost. Also it's good to see you had such a high success rate at winning. Brampton will be in good hands and hopefully continues winning.

Grammar: 2/2 I didn't notice anything

Presentation: 1/1

Grade: 6/6