How Are My Predictions Holding Up? [Final: 6/6]

eaglesfan036

How are my Predictions Unfolding?

With the end of the season soon upon us, I figured it would be a good time to track how my predictions are doing. It will make for interesting discussion and I can see how much tpe I am in for.

Championship - Continental Cup: Calgary Wranglers

My championship prediction is still in play, as Calgary currently has a 3-1 lead over Quebec in the North American Finals. Should Quebec go on to win then I will have a 50% chance of guessing the championship right.

JZMvGdQ.png

Best Regular Season Record - Victory Cup: Stockholm Vikings

A lot of people probably got this one wrong, because I hopped onto the Stockholm bandwagon like everyone else. The Vikings actually had the 3rd best regular season record, with Quebec earning the best record and Cologne earning the 2nd best.

North American Conference Champion - Devon Marlow-Marta Trophy: Quebec City Meute

I got this one correct. I knew from the beginning Quebec was going to win this one, as a lot of Calgary’s firepower didn’t come until the trade deadline.

European Conference Champion - Terence Fong Trophy: Stockholm Vikings

A lot of people probably picked Stockholm for this one too and didn’t earn any tpe. The Express won again in a kind of surprising way, but we shouldn’t be surprised as their elite core finds them ways to win.

MVP - Scotty Campbell Trophy: Tyler Cote

Cote had a solid season with 93 points, but that is not good enough to win MVP. My Calgary first line center prediction failed

Playoff MVP - Daisuke Kanou Trophy: Hans Wingate

Maybe possible. Wingate didn’t do too well in the New York series, but we didn’t really need him. He has outperformed Mikealson so far this series and maybe could earn the award if we go onto the finals and he performs superbly there.

PWfzMPa.png

Leading Points - Mike Szatkowski Trophy: Slaughter

Slaughter was a good elite player to guess, but the beast that is Thomas O’Malley stole this one.

Leading Goals - Kevin Brooks Trophy: Slaughter

Slaughter was a good elite player to guess, but the beast that is Thomas O’Malley stole this one.

Leading Assists - Alexander Beketov Trophy: Wylde

I was banking on Wylde having another super year, and defensemen usually can get a lot of assists. Your boy O’Malley stole the show again.

Top Defenseman - Sterling Labatte Trophy: Wylde

Wylde did lead defensemen in points so he has a very good shot at winning this one.

Top Goalie - Aidan Shaw Trophy: Hans Wingate

Wingate has the best save percentage and the third best goals against average, so this is a strong possibility.

Executive of the Year - David Knight Trophy: Austin Gow

Yes, if you are keeping track I skipped a few rewards. But that’s because I already reached my word count Tylar, and I am addressing Tylar because I am 99% sure he grades this ily bae. Anyway, I have a good shot at winning GM of the year, though if Cologne wins the cup I can see Devise winning it too for swinging a trade for a goalie and continuing Cologne’s run. 

why wouldn't it

Oh god, he's serious. There's absolutely no depth to anything here; you just wrote a tiny bit about several different awards. You aren't really saying anything meaningful. You're misinformed about the Kanou and Marlow-Marta Trophies. The presentation is atrocious with all this spacing.

North American Conference Champion - Devon Marlow-Marta Trophy: Quebec City Meute

I got this one correct. I knew from the beginning Quebec was going to win this one, as a lot of Calgary’s firepower didn’t come until the trade deadline.

A lot of people probably picked Stockholm for this one too and didn’t earn any tpe. The Express won again in a kind of surprising way, but we shouldn’t be surprised as their elite core finds them ways to win.

Doesn't this mean playoffs? Conference Champions mean the winner of the Conference Finals in the playoffs. If Quebec wins like you say, then that means Calgary doesn't win the cup like in your other prediction.

Then you go on to say the Express won the European side, and the round isn't over.

Doesn't this mean playoffs? Conference Champions mean the winner of the Conference Finals in the playoffs. If Quebec wins like you say, then that means Calgary doesn't win the cup like in your other prediction.

Then you go on to say the Express won the European side, and the round isn't over.

You are correct; those are for the playoffs. There was a period of time when we changed it to be the regular season leader for each conference, back when we still had 8 teams but added playoff crossover. That's the way it was when eaglesfan joined so I guess he never got the memo that it changed back (though I don't know if we changed it back as soon as expansion happened or if it was a few seasons later).

Content: 3/3 This was pretty good overall. I am quite stoked that QC got to win the NA and hope that we can beat you guys still. Pretty sure that the Shaw goes to Mikaelson by a slight hair.

Grammar: 2/2 couple things noted below

Presentation: 1/1

Grade: 6/6

defensemen = defense men

ily bae = what exactly is this?

Edited by FV Till I Die

• Admin

You are correct; those are for the playoffs. There was a period of time when we changed it to be the regular season leader for each conference, back when we still had 8 teams but added playoff crossover. That's the way it was when eaglesfan joined so I guess he never got the memo that it changed back (though I don't know if we changed it back as soon as expansion happened or if it was a few seasons later).

It was just the 3 seasons before expansion.

And yeah, we've gotten soft with the grading.